'Ultimate' S9000 600mm Digital Zoom presentation

2»

Comments

• KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2005
    If I wandered into this site for the first time in hopes of getting ideas on a P&S to buy, I seriously would avoid s9000.

Seriously.

Your pictures and your "help" in showing the way to digital "nirvana" isn't at all interesting, enticing, or helpful.

You don't buy a P&S for it's "fantastic" tele-zoom. People don't buy P&S cameras to take shots like you are trying to show as really good.

Like probably a lot of people on this board who own a dslr, I had a P&S. I loved it. It did what I needed, and it had a great value. But when I look back at pictures I thought were "awesome" then, I shake my head in disbelief. They're "fine", but they're not even close to the quality I get with a dslr.

Now, that's not saying a P&S can't take great pictures. However, it's more of what the photographer can do. They greatest dslr can take some crappy, boring pictures in the wrong hands. I know the 20D can look pretty bad by observing some of my earliest shots with it. They didn't look much better than my P&S.

So if you want to show off how good a camera is, take some well composed, interesting shots that show what cameras are supposed to do; capture light in a large dynamic range, with great contrast and good color saturation.

The shots you've been using bore me and show me about as much as the pixel peepers who think brick walls are a great way to show off a lens and camera.

Learn a little more about basic photography, take some great pictures, and trust me, you'll be much more accepted in sharing your excitement and views.