Life Poster

2»

Comments

• CincojoeCincojoe Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2006
    I read the tute. Im guessing it wasnt done in iPhoto6. When you select the print option AFTER you have made your custom paper size and margins, it has 4 options for you.

1. Printer
    2. Presets
    3. Paper
    4. Style

When you go to paper size, it doesn't show the poster size that I have created. In the tute and iPhoto5, it doesn't ask that you select a paper size on the print screen.
    Nikon | Apple
    edited April 23, 2006
    I can get it to work on my G4 laptop using iPhoto5 and CS, but I can't get it to work on my G5 and CS2. Hmmmmmheadscratch.gifscratchheadscratch.gif
    Nikon | Apple
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2006
    Interesting.

In iPhoto6, it looks like it can be done this way:

In the print dialog select Advanced, then Paper Handling, you should see a dialog like this:
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited April 23, 2006
    BTW, if you could let me know if that works for you, I could update the tute.
    Moderator Emeritus
    edited April 23, 2006
    well that didn't work. Once I rasterized in CS2 and then checked image size, it still shows it being a 8x10. errrr......headscratch.gifwxwax Works like a charm in iPhoto5 and CS.
    Nikon | Apple
    edited April 23, 2006
    Well I guess I can just do the Photoshop method? I'm assuming it turns out just as good?
    Nikon | Apple
    edited April 23, 2006
    Cincojoe wrote:
    Well I guess I can just do the Photoshop method? I'm assuming it turns out just as good?

I would think so, I've never done it. But you're reducing the size of each image so much, that I'm sure it'd be fine--you've got an abundance of information.

And there HAS to be a way to select a custom paper size in iPhoto6, we just haven't cracked that nut yet...I'm working today, so I can't take anymore time out to figure it out, but I'm not giving up!
    Moderator Emeritus
    edited April 23, 2006
    lol, well thanks for helping while you should be working...:)

I'm not giving up yet....you're right, there has to be a way.
    Nikon | Apple
    edited April 27, 2006
    Well I made poster in Photoshop and it came out awesome! Just got it back today and I was blown away. Now I need to get it framed.
    Nikon | Apple
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2006
    :): :): :): weldone great Idea nice photos iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery