Chal "new" by ginger

2»

Comments

• livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    ginger, i personally like this last one. the trees give it a nice frame and add depth.

and looking at all that water, i can't help but wonder where in the world you were standing!!!!
    laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    Thanks, Laurie.

I was standing very carefully, very carefully!

I left while Bill was in bed, so I was alone. That is a path down an incline and into some trees at the edge of the marsh. It looks like something the indians would have put in. I think it is cool, but it was scary as I didn't know if I could make it back up.

Other than that, being hit in the face by branches and stuff, well, it is the best place I know of to get a bridge shot, without an airplane or boat, and I have heard that those aren't easy either.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I like the first one best, and I didn't even "take" it, I "snapped" it.

g
    As torn as I am, I agree with you. The first one really hits me hard. I love it.

Also, I salute your photographic lengths that you went to.
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
    edited January 1, 2006
    Hey, you all, some other people like this one????
    I hardly ever share these, but someone found it............

50361251-L.jpg
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I hardly ever share these, but someone found it............
    Ginger, I do like it. The only suggestion I could make is maybe to put it through a noise-reduction tool. The noise is a little distracting from the clarity of the different lines and angles in the photo.
    edited January 2, 2006
    Yeah, I thought about that. It was still not bright daylight, had the 400 on, was down on a dock thing shooting birds, so I had the ISO high.

That is why I didn't post the exif, I didn't want someone to notice that it was on, uh, 800 ISO.

At the time I worked it up, of course, it was just "for me". I think I ran it through the denoise thing in PS CS2, for just the blue.

Yesterday I was debating whether to do more, so thanks for answering that question.

Smile, ginger

OK, I do dumb things, ISOs for one thing do not necessarily work for another, f stops the same, etc. Dumb bad me! OK, that should be good for a few days of flaggellation.

The really helpful part is for someone like you to tell me that the noise is obvious, then I can do something about it.

Reshooting on a tripod, well, it isn't happening today. Not unless something changes drastically in the dark damp dank grey wet weather. Maybe I could do cemeteries, but even a momentary blue sky does not look promising. Then Bill takes his tripod and goes back to work tomorrow.

Am not sure, but it really might be a good day to shoot a cemetery that I just want to see, then going out to lunch. Gotta spend that Christmas treat money Bill got, before it is all gone. Fried Shrimp and Hush Puppies: when possible, I do not eat healthy. I have lots of guilt over that, too.

That and my exif, my secret vices.

ginger (I think the color of that sky in the photo, the particular blue is a one time thing combined with the clouds that were in the area. In other words, retaken it would be a different photo....one of those things I have learned the hard way.)
    edited January 2, 2006
    50626833-L.jpg

Am looking for self flaggellation thingy.

Date was 1/04/2006

gotta get that down in my mind........

:bash or I could just :hide

ginger 1drink.gif (that is medicine, just medicine. :uhoh )
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:

Am looking for self flaggellation thingy.

Date was 1/04/2006

gotta get that down in my mind........

:bash or I could just :hide

Ginger, the noise wasn't super bad, but noticeable. This one is much better. You can barely tell there was any noise at all, and not too many artifacts from the anti-noise filter. Nice job. I think I really brings out the lines and angles, and how they contrast with the blue sky. clap.gif
    edited January 3, 2006
    Thanks, Arero!

ginger
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    Hi Ginger,

I love your bridge! The first one, I think. The golden grass is cool. I finally got my computer working right so I can see these pics.

You did a great job with the noise on that sky. Was that just with the noise thing in Photoshop CS2? Looks terrific. I like the abstract quality of the lines of that bridge. thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
    edited January 3, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I managed to do this this afternoon, before I realized that I really had a problem.

I don't know if it is better or worse.

g

50135449-L.jpg

I just looked back and saw this one. I like it. The closer view really shows a comparison of old and new. I can tell that even without a caption. The picture tells the story.
    edited January 3, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:

Date was 1/04/2006

How did your camera get that date? Today is only the 3rd. Did you take a step into the future? rolleyes1.gif
    edited January 4, 2006
    snapapple wrote:
    How did your camera get that date? Today is only the 3rd. Did you take a step into the future? rolleyes1.gif

Oh, hi, Snappy! I guess I looked at my calendar wrong. No matter I am OK. Whatever is on the exif will do, though my exif thing is a day off.

The only problem is that different people like different shots, I am totally discouraged and have kind of quit.

I might put up the top part on Sunday. I think to have "new", you need to imply old. But ........................... well, there are other people's stuff that I like better anyway.

To tell the truth, well, I just am totally out of it. And I thought this would be a cinch as I have the biggest newest bridge in the United States. But I like the little baby flower and the big flower, palm tree/whatever it is better, actually.

I could go somewhere else, only one place I know of and try for a different shot, but I think it would be worse as I think there the old bridge is in front of the new bridge. It is a cemetery in a bad part of town, I have never been there, but it is supposed to be on the river.

Our weather is supposed to deteriorate, so that would be a problem.

But with everyone liking different ones, and me liking someone else's, rolleyes1.gif , well, I am very confused.

Thanks for stopping and commenting. I will have to fix my exif date in my camera in case it is ever important.

Smile, ginger