Anchor tag in Collage Landscape gallery

ancarancar Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited September 24, 2014 in SmugMug Support
When switching my gallery to Collage Landscape I cannot get anchor tags in HTML to work.
As I use large galleries sometimes I do like the new Collage Landscape layout and I would like to use HTML links in the Description of the gallery to enable "fast forward" or chapters in my gallery.

It's no problem to link to any photo in the gallery of course but that just brings up that picture. When exit photo view, gallery goes back to top...
What I really would like is that the browser "scrolls down" to the photo in gallery mode with the thumbnails.

Much like the HTML anchor tag (like #Name)...
Is there a workaround for this (I'm a SM Basic member so no customizing enable)?

Regards
Andreas

Comments

• Seth SSeth S Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited September 22, 2014
    Hi Andreas,

HTML coding cannot be done with the Basic account so if you'd like to use HTML we'd recommend upgrading to the Power level. This can be done in your Account Settings > Me icon > Subscription tab. Here click the "Change Plan" button to select another plan. You may be able to then add some HTML coding so that when a viewer exits the photo they are viewing, they are taken back to that photo's location in the gallery rather than the top of the gallery.

Seth, SmugMug Support Hero
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    ancar wrote: »
    When switching my gallery to Collage Landscape I cannot get anchor tags in HTML to work...

What I really would like is that the browser "scrolls down" to the photo in gallery mode with the thumbnails.
    Even with a Power account...

I haven't seen a customization that would position the page within a collage landscape gallery.
    Maybe someone else has seen one; hopefully they will chime in here.

--- Denise
  • ancarancar Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    I'm really missing this feature. It works just fine in old SmugMug style galleries, but thats not scrolling rather jumping to page X in gallery.

Anyhow I used this frequently and I really like the new Collage Landscape layout, but a "scroll down" feature would be a great improvement. Now I have to instruct my visitors to "scroll to thumbnail nr 405..." for example.
  • JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
    ancar wrote: »
    When switching my gallery to Collage Landscape I cannot get anchor tags in HTML to work ...

I raised this one back in April, but it didn't get much traction at the time. See http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=246284. I agree that this really holds back the utility of Collage Landscape, which otherwise strikes me as otherwise a very useful display type, especially with larger image sizes.
    Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • McKsauceMcKsauce Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited September 24, 2014
    Hi Jim,

At this time HTML hyper links will not work within the captions for the, Thumbnail, Landscape or Portrait collage gallery styles. The hyper links will work with the Journal, and SmugMug galleries styles. As you already know they will also work in the lightbox. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    ----

SmugMug Support Hero -

----