Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2006
    http://dgrin.smugmug.com has a new look :D
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2006
    I wanted to like that new look so much so I wouldn't end up being a PITA about it. So bad.

And, then a miracle occurred. I did like it a lot.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2006
    I like it, too. Gosh there have been a lot of challenges, so many more than I remember, but then I remember each of the photographs.

Some of them are quite good, too. Really, really good, and well, I don't see mine that way, but I am proud they are in there, especially considering the caliber of the other shots.

Challenge by challenge, dgrin has some very good photographers.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited February 3, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    I wanted to like that new look so much so I wouldn't end up being a PITA about it. So bad.

And, then a miracle occurred. I did like it a lot.

lol3.gif This is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. Ever.
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2006
    Sensor cleaning tutorial, please. I seem to remember Andy wrote a nice post on the topic, but even using the search Luke, I couldn't find. I'd like to see this in the gallery, it's prime information that we all need.

In particular, I wanted to see the shot where Andy said, these are OK, good enough, forget it.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    but even using the search Luke, I couldn't find.

:bigbs

type the words sensor cleaning in the search box, rutt, and you get, ironically, THIS Post and the main sensor cleaning thread lol3.gif I've been at the Endodontist this morning, having root canal, don't mess with me naughty.gif
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    :bigbs

type the words sensor cleaning in the search box, rutt, and you get, ironically, THIS Post and the main sensor cleaning thread lol3.gif I've been at the Endodontist this morning, having root canal, don't mess with me naughty.gif

Man, I must be stupid, replying to this one so soon after your root canal.

I did just what you did. But there was this very particular prime post of yours, o fearless leader, which I couldn't find and which I think would make a prime 'tute. It had this shot which showed the sensor when you were done and said, words to the effect of "don't worry about these spots, they don't matter and you can't get them anyway.". I spent about 10 minutes looking for that.

Do you remember it? Maybe I'm having some sort of early onset Alzheimer's.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2006
    rutt wrote:

Do you remember it? Maybe I'm having some sort of early onset Alzheimer's.

I remember it. It's probably in here:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Awww.dgrin.com+andy+sensor&btnG=Google+Search
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Glad you couldn't find it either. Now I don't feel so dumb. Maybe someone else bookmarked it or something.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    Glad you couldn't find it either. Now I don't feel so dumb. Maybe someone else bookmarked it or something.

I could find it, I'm just not gonna lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I could find it, I'm just not gonna lol3.gif

Could, won't, what's the difference? I probably could, too, given enough time. I'm hoping someone will just know and save us the effort.

Anyway, if we do ever find it, it would make a nice tutorial, don't you think?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2006
    I can't find it either. And, before my money is gone, I am trying to find out what stuff Andy uses to clean his sensor.

I have looked several times. Today. I have looked for sensor cleaning

and I have looked for sensor, cleaning as in example posted by Andy. I can't find it. Probably because everytime someone posts, someone mentions that it is time for a sensor cleaning, so the post we are looking for could be buried, but I went back quite aways.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I can't find it either. And, before my money is gone, I am trying to find out what stuff Andy uses to clean his sensor.

I have looked several times. Today. I have looked for sensor cleaning

and I have looked for sensor, cleaning as in example posted by Andy. I can't find it. Probably because everytime someone posts, someone mentions that it is time for a sensor cleaning, so the post we are looking for could be buried, but I went back quite aways.

ginger

Ginger: do you mean this post?
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=79272&postcount=4

which is just the fourth post on the first page of this main thread on sensor cleaning, which is the second thread that is served up if you type in "sensor cleaning" in the search box on Dgrin :D

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=8350&highlight=sensor+cleaning