Options

Like button is gone

2»

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,191 moderator
    edited July 7, 2016
    MWWeston wrote: »
    My Popular Photos page http://www.weston.photos/Popular has not changed in about 1 YEAR. Am I correct in understanding that our own Popular Photos pages were only populated by our long missing LIKE photo option? It seems like photo views has no impact on my Popular Photos page. Am I correct? Any insights or time lines regarding with our Popular Photos pages will come back to life? Thank you,

+1 on bringing this feature back to life. I think the lack of such a thing is dragging Smugmug down another notch. The Smugmug Popular Today pages are still thin with quality due to the lack of actual popularity. If we can't use the term "like" or use a thumbs up or a heart symbol, then there must be a dozen or more other methods and terms to move a photo to the top. Ideally, there should be a symbol paired in conjunction with a cool term to vote with.

Rank
    Weight
    Enjoy
    + / -
    judge
    critique
    C&C
    good / bad
    slap / clap
    applause
    1-10
    Grin / Frown <-- this?
    Yes / No
    Green / Red
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    O2BanRRTO2BanRRT Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 10, 2016
    David_S85 wrote: »
    +1 on bringing this feature back to life. I think the lack of such a thing is dragging Smugmug down another notch. The Smugmug Popular Today pages are still thin with quality due to the lack of actual popularity. If we can't use the term "like" or use a thumbs up or a heart symbol, then there must be a dozen or more other methods and terms to move a photo to the top. Ideally, there should be a symbol paired in conjunction with a cool term to vote with.

Rank
    Weight
    Enjoy
    + / -
    judge
    critique
    C&C
    good / bad
    slap / clap
    applause
    1-10
    Grin / Frown <-- this?
    Yes / No
    Green / Red

I'm with David_S85 on this one. Bring the "Like" button back ... it's nearly been a year!
    Jean
  • Options
    salobaassalobaas Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2016
    Any update...?
    One and a half year and counting... any update? Or are there many other "cool" features first to be released... like the ATV4 app almost finished 90 days ago, which I really would love to see.

Come on guys, great site and support, but not having any idea what you are up to becomes frustrating. Hope it is not an "audit" for an exit strategy.

Cheers, Fons.
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 5, 2016
    salobaas wrote: »
    One and a half year and counting... any update?Or are there many other "cool" features first to be released...
    We're still working on some other things that we're excited to release. As photographers and customers ourselves, we're very eager to bring new things to SmugMug.
    like the ATV4 app almost finished 90 days ago, which I really would love to see.
    A few months ago I reached out to gather feedback on what features were important in a SmugMug AppleTV app but "gathering info" is very different from "almost finished". I'm willing to share at this point that we've started on this but remember, since we have to go through the App Store approval process, things can take longer than we'd like.
    Come on guys, great site and support, but not having any idea what you are up to becomes frustrating. Hope it is not an "audit" for an exit strategy.
    Just last month we rescued hundreds of millions of photos from PictureLife, who were exiting the market and at risk of losing their customers memories. We're very much in it and hard at work on a number of things. Like almost every other company out there, if we want to survive we can't broadcast our roadmap. We've been protecting your memories for 14 years and we'd love to be doing that for many many many many years to come. As I mentioned above, we've got some exciting things that we're working on. These are centered mostly around making it really easy to get your photos onto SmugMug, making it easier to use SmugMug, and adding a few additional print products to the lab offerings (for example the iPhone Cases that we announced the other week).

Starting last week, we'll be posting release notes, of sorts, every Friday to our blog. Feel free to check back every week to see what we've been up to.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    salobaassalobaas Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2016
    Thanks for the heads-up. Most important for me, to close the workflow loop, is the ATV4 app. I don't want to use iCloud to share my albums, as they are already beautifully presented by Smugmug. Just the iPhone app, scaled up for the ATV4 would do, but for know it is a pain to display on the TV.

I appreciate you saving the PictureLife users and having gone through several disappointments, with solid and beautiful products disappearing, like, fotopedia and Aperture, I just hope that us Smugmug user's won't ever need this kind of saving. ;-)

Concerning making it easier to get photos on Smugmug, since I had to switch from Aperture to Capture One, I would appreciate if you could work with Capture One to develop a Smugmug export plugin.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers, Fons.