Options

Mono a mono

2»

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2015
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Those are way nice....well done. And, I like the timing...water looks really cool. Thanks for posting.

Many thanks Ed! Appreciate the comment very much!
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,834 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2015
    Wow, beautiful! Being a fan of "short and wide" I especially like no. 1.

Cheers, Sara
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2015
    Wow, beautiful! Being a fan of "short and wide" I especially like no. 1.

Cheers, Sara

Thanks Sarah! I like the term shot and wide....will use it! Cheers!!
  • Options
    Eldon SheaEldon Shea Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2015
    I missed these when they were first posted. Really nice set, Taz. I especially like the blue/gold of #1. Did you use a ND filter for 7 & 8 or just wait until it got dark enough for a long exposure. How long was it?

(p.s.: If there is a way to read metadata from pics posted here, I don't know about it. I would love to know how if that is possible. )

Bryan
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2015
    Eldon Shea wrote: »
    I missed these when they were first posted. Really nice set, Taz. I especially like the blue/gold of #1. Did you use a ND filter for 7 & 8 or just wait until it got dark enough for a long exposure. How long was it?

(p.s.: If there is a way to read metadata from pics posted here, I don't know about it. I would love to know how if that is possible. )

Bryan

Hi Bryan, first thanks! Really appreciate nice comment!
    Google has exif reader plugin that you can download for free. It doesn't always work or sometime people don't embed meta-data.

For 7 and 8, the good light occurred few minutes after sunset so it was low. I over-expose at least by 1 f-stop, so it came out to 13 seconds and 20 seconds respectively.

I do use ND filter often but here I didn't. The water was pretty smooth already and with even slightly longer exposure you can score nice shot. Here I just wanted to score bunch of shots to take advantage of colors and get different comps, so went to f-11 to keep ISO low and still remain in manual mode so less than 30 second exposures.

Investing in ND filter is a good idea though! Opens up doors to whole other creativity levels!
    Look forward to more of your shots!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2015
    Another vote for breathtaking, and many other superlatives Taz... all well deserved - congrats!
    Your images are very often more than the sum-of-parts... they contain that elusive "It Factor" - hard to define, but something we all know when we see it!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2015
    Earache wrote: »
    Another vote for breathtaking, and many other superlatives Taz... all well deserved - congrats!
    Your images are very often more than the sum-of-parts... they contain that elusive "It Factor" - hard to define, but something we all know when we see it!

Thanks Eric!bowdown.gifbarb
  • Options
    Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2015
    1,2,4,5 & 15 for me!
    Ahhh what the hell, they're all great!

Super location!
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2015
    1,2,4,5 & 15 for me!
    Ahhh what the hell, they're all great!