Mini Challenge #226: Machinery: RESULTS

pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins
edited May 21, 2016 in The Dgrin Challenges
Thanks for entering your photo's in this challenge, it seems it attracted a below average number of entries but so be it. Probably the subject wasn't too exciting for many. Also I wasn't around to try and promote it, which might have something to do with it as well.

So here's some comments:

Travelways:
wind-mill-X2.jpg
I like this one a lot, great post-processing and the shape contrast between the jagged tree and smooth windmill gives great tension in the image: 2nd place

GrandmaR:
100_5235.JPG
Impressive machine and I like the man driving it. Maybe a few too many distractions in the background.

sdways01:
Fall3760-L.jpg
Lovely picture, even though the machines are far away you can see they're huge and impressive. Nice colours and composition so this one is my pick for 1st place

Cavalier:
IMG_7401%20Daisy%20engine-X2.jpg
Hard to pick a favorite from your set, but finally settled for this one, it has an airy feeling to it and it's clear it's a well maintained piece of machinery. But to be fair it was a toss-up with your plane picture.

sarasphotos:
20140612_038_DMC-G5-X2.jpg
Great use of lines and colour in this shot and another impressive piece of older machinery. Have you considered flipping it so it gets mirrored and the lines of the drive rods move the viewer to the right instead of the left? Anyway, it's my pick for 3rd place

So Adam, it's up to you to set up the next mini-challenge, good luck setting it up and judging it. I found it fun to do :D.
Pieter, aka pegelli
My SmugMug

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2016
    Congrats to Adam and Tatiana and thanks for the 3rd place! Looking forward to the next mini-challenge.

--- Sara
  • sdways01sdways01 Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2016
    Thanks for the first place. I'll try to have a new challenge up later today or tomorrow.
    http://www.adamclarkmedia.com

"If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?" - Anonymous
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2016
    Wow, thank you for the second place :ivar

Congratulations Adam for the nice landscape and first place clap.gif

Congratulations Sara for the great closeup on the red locomotive - I really liked all your entries :)clap.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com