Mini-Challenge 244: The moon or moonlit nightscenes
For this mini I would like to see your moonshots or moonlit scenes (preferably with the moon in the frame). All is fair game as long as the moon is visible in the shot or the major light source is the moon. Looking forward to your entries.
This Mini-Challenge will run ~3 weeks and end on Wednesday April 5, 2017 at 8am Pacific Standard Time (17:00 Central European Time).
OUR UNOFFICIAL GENERAL RULES
- Have fun sharing and seeing what others share!
- The host supplies a topic and you post 1-3 images. The host judges the winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) and is not eligible to enter.
- The 1st place winner then chooses the next topic, judges the winner and then passes on the baton to the new champion.
- Any photo you’ve taken is eligible, regardless of when taken or camera used (but for this challenge it has to be taken in 2016).
- Any amount of post-processing is allowed. However, it is helpful if you list your camera and lens along with your photo.
- You may comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you some critique or criticism, just ask within your post.
- The winner has up to three days (72 hours) to begin a new mini-challenge, or the honor goes to the #2 finisher and so forth.
- Enter 1-3 photos and put them in a single post.
- Either embed your image in the thread or, if you must, supply a link to it. Keep in mind, however, most people don't want to click to open photos hosted elsewhere (i.e. on your website).
- Also try and resize your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll (~800 pixels on the longest side works best.)
- Give each image you enter a title.
- Enjoy discussion with members about their images, don't let this just be an entry thread!
- When quoting a post change the IMG urls to a 200x200 size picture so it is clear your post is feedback and not another entry. (see here for help)
- Don't be hesitant, share'em and enter!
- Upon winning a mini-challenge round your first step is coming up with a new theme, and start a new thread using the same format as others have used.
- Make sure to notify the admin of this thread to update the main thread links with your entry thread.
- Feel free to watch the thread as it grows or wait to the end time and look at all the entries all at once.
- After the time/date has passed, then officially close the thread with a single post notifying everyone of the fact.
- After you're finished judging start a new thread (again use the prior formats) and post your Winner and runners-up, it is important to have runners up incase the winner does not show within the 72hr window.
- PM the winner with this info above and let them know they have 72hrs.
- After the 72hrs and the winner does not show up, notify the next runner-up and post a message on the Winner thread of the fact.
- Remember, if you're the Winner, you run the show.
Here are a few examples:
Good luck to all participants