Morning in the Grapevine

chasgroh2chasgroh2 Big grinsBuena Park,Knott's Bury FarmPosts: 68Registered Users Big grins

...same day as my Carrizo Plain venture, comingover the Grapevine early morning, cold with clouds. Through the years I've done this run many many times...difference this time was I drove some "roads not traveled" and, basically, took my time. Glad I did...!

Charlie Groh
(tin can tied to the bumper)

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 6,798Registered Users Major grins

3 looks nice! I think it has potential to be even more dramatic with little bit of processing. Mainly contrast, shadows and darks can be played with maybe some lights too....cheers!

• chasgroh2chasgroh2 Big grins Buena Park,Knott's Bury FarmPosts: 68Registered Users Big grins

...I did a "treatment" of #3 and put it on my 500px site...thanks, I like that one too...

Charlie Groh
  • OrvSalOrvSal Major grins Posts: 298Registered Users Major grins

Very nice, The only part of the grapevine I get to see is from I-5. The terrain is beautiful and would love to have time to explore it like you did. Good job!

Have a great day!
    Orv

Carlsbad, Ca. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • chasgroh2chasgroh2 Big grins Buena Park,Knott's Bury FarmPosts: 68Registered Users Big grins

...here's one I forgot to upload...obviously processed...

Charlie Groh

...yah, Orv...ya just gotta turn where you've never turned before! Hahaha, sounds as if, like me, you've done that route many-a-time and just stuck to the 5...

Charlie Groh
  • jerryrjerryr Smugmug Customization Posts: 492Registered Users Major grins
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Commercial Photographer San Francisco's North BayPosts: 2,230Registered Users Major grins

@OrvSal said:
    Very nice, The only part of the grapevine I get to see is from I-5. The terrain is beautiful and would love to have time to explore it like you did. Good job!

I'm guilty of staying on I-5 myself. I keep telling myself that one of these trips to L.A. will be the "scenic route" but that never seems to happen.

Steve

Website | Gear
  • OrvSalOrvSal Major grins Posts: 298Registered Users Major grins

When I go through there, dodging all the semi's and the speeders and lane changers, it's hard to look anywhere but that yellow line. :-(

Have a great day!
    Orv

Carlsbad, Ca. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com