Impressions of a Town: Lindau, Germany
I'm finally getting around to editing my pictures from last summer (!) so I thought I'd post a mini-travelog of a short trip a girlfriend and I made. Not so dramatic and unusual as Awais' stunning Pakistan pictures but perhaps a fun documentary.
Lindau is situated about two hours from where I live and is a popular day-tripper stop for tourists in the area of Bodensee (Lake Constance). The picturesque old town is situated on an island in the lake. Unfortunately the weather was not great when we were there so I had to struggle to get any life into the photos.
1) The harbor's lighthouse and lion are the town's landmarks
2) The promenade is a lovely place to sit or stroll on a sunny day
3) Lindavia fountain
4) The back side of the old town hall (Altes Rathaus)
5) Front of the old town hall
6) There are many cute shops - this one had amusing window displays
7) Enjoying a beer at cocktail hour
8) Evening view of the harbor
9) Someone's having a party!
10) Lots of interesting signage
11) and a few cool doors
12) cool architectural details
13) and lots of narrow streets
14) one can't let the afternoon pass with out coffee and Apfel Strudel!