Fog Mafog

StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I amPosts: 7,039Registered Users Major grins

Fog is wonderful, when it is not ruining your shots. While not the best year for fog, still many opportunities for those who chase. Below are my efforts:

1) Golden Frisco

2) Two Islands

3) Simmering Panther

4) Pink Lemonade

5) Blue Diablo

6) Cement Oasis

7) Island Fantasy

8) Lighted Journey

9) Golden Dawn

10) Cotton Candy Galore

11) Cloud Stew

12) Pink Smog

13) Journey through Dreams

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Still learnin'still lovin Posts: 19,229Super Moderators moderator
    edited December 13, 2017

Nice assemblage. Personal favorites:

@Stumblebum said:
    7) Island Fantasy

8) Lighted Journey

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • RichardRichard Mildly bemused Madrid, SpainPosts: 18,110Administrators, Vanilla Admin moderator

Great collection, Taz. There must be a gazillion shots of SF peeking through the fog, but I never get tired of them. The light in the first one was especially nice. Well done.

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAPosts: 11,469Super Moderators moderator

@Stumblebum said:
    8) Lighted Journey

Wonderful set Taz! Lighted Journey is my favorite.

• CavalierCavalier Life is a Bokeh Foresthill, CaliforniaPosts: 1,804Registered Users Major grins

As usual, your shots amaze. The Cement Oasis, with Sutro tower rising out of the soup, is my favorite.

BUT - as Herb Caen and I as a 3rd generation San Franciscan say - don't call if Frisco!!!

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,039Registered Users Major grins

Thanks Ziggy, Richard, Denise and Jo!

Sorry Jo, was only trying to be cool.....no more Frisco!

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Stuttgart, GermanyPosts: 51Registered Users Big grins

I'm not that much fan of landscape photography, but these shots are truly awesome.

I do like the combination of nature and man-made assets which is present on most of the pictures, this is what really makes the pictures outstanding for me. If I had to pick a favourite, it'd be numer 6 - the Cement Oasis. It has a slightly dystopian or futuristic touch to it, works very well for me.

Thank you for sharing!

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Inner Tube Pilot Posts: 4,583Super Moderators moderator

@ziggy53 said:
    Nice assemblage. Personal favorites:

@Stumblebum said:
    7) Island Fantasy

8) Lighted Journey

I'm with Zig on this set. These two are awesome!!

"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Inner Tube Pilot Posts: 4,583Super Moderators moderator

@Cavalier said:
    As usual, your shots amaze. The Cement Oasis, with Sutro tower rising out of the soup, is my favorite.

BUT - as Herb Caen and I as a 3rd generation San Franciscan say - don't call if Frisco!!!

Like when people say "Cali". UGH.

"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • CornflakeCornflake Major grins Posts: 2,043Registered Users Major grins

Very cool! And I'm envious. Fog isn't something we see very much.

• CavalierCavalier Life is a Bokeh Foresthill, CaliforniaPosts: 1,804Registered Users Major grins

@Stumblebum said:

Sorry Jo, was only trying to be cool.....no more Frisco!

That's okay Taz - you cool!

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,039Registered Users Major grins

Thanks kindly Kurz, Don and Alex!
    Cheers all!

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub One Inspired soul Posts: 10,527Registered Users Major grins

Beautiful images i really enjoyed the series. My fave is Lighted Journey

Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

Gallery

Thanks kindly Awais! I appreciate the input very much! Cheers!

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLPosts: 6,147Registered Users Major grins

Really good stuff, Taz. Lighted Journey truly is exceptional. I hope you enjoy a terrific holiday season.

Tom

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

Thanks Tom! Delighted to hear from you! Have wonderful holidays and best wishes!!

• roaddog52roaddog52 Major grins In the sticks, NE of SeattlePosts: 925Registered Users Major grins

Great set! I expect nothing less from your post. #3 and #8 are standouts for me.

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!

Thanks kindly Phil! Hope you are well!

• roaddog52roaddog52 Major grins In the sticks, NE of SeattlePosts: 925Registered Users Major grins

Rough year, but doing well. Been trying to be retired, but still working part time. Solution? Sell company in 2018. More time for wanderings and photos!

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!

That is a wonderful plan! Best wishes for your success!

• JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,049Registered Users Major grins

Wow.

Excellent shots Taz! 8 is my fav but thet are all very good. Congratulations.

Thanks kindly Cristobal!!

• kdogkdog artistically challenged San Jose, CAPosts: 11,111Administrators moderator

Exceptional work, Taz. You've got some killer stuff here.

Thanks kindly my friend! Cheers!

• IPClarkIPClark Major grins Posts: 2,320Registered Users Major grins

Absolutely BREATHTAKING!!!!

I Love EVERY single shot!

So very kind of you Ian! Cheers!

• QarikQarik Krazy Korean Posts: 4,957Registered Users Major grins

Wow..I am kinda speechless

D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • toragstorags Major grins Posts: 4,107Registered Users Major grins

Taz you couldn't stop shooting could you... :D

You had a great day with low lying fog at the headlands, I'm guessin' you spent the nite there

These are all really well done, excellent compositions, color nuances

You had a good day... well done

Rags

Daniel and Rags, thanks for making my day! You guys rock!!

• pathfinderpathfinder Drive By Digital Shooter western IndianaPosts: 14,115Super Moderators moderator
    edited January 4, 2018

Great work, Taz! My fav is Lighted Journey, but I really like Simmering Panther and Cement Oasis too.

San Franciscans were sensitive about the use of Frisco 50 years ago, so some things never change.....

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • QarikQarik Krazy Korean Posts: 4,957Registered Users Major grins

hey my buddy wants to know what lens you used for #11. Telephoto?

D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com