Fog Mafog

2»

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Thanks truly Jim! Can we still call it San Fran? ;o)

Daniel I used 70-200 with 7D Mark-II so multiply zoom by 1.6.

Actually if I had 400 it might be better for this spot......

Cheers!

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins

All of them are incredible. I think 12 stands out for me just by a hair because it's just too hard to choose!

• WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins

Super cool stuff... 4, 6, 7, & 8.. but all just lovely... but you know that already.

Lee Wiren

Thanks kindly Anna Maria and Lee! Always happy when you guys visit. Hope you post some new shots! cheers!

• TasmanianTasmanian Registered Users Posts: 486 Major grins

Very nice set !!! :)

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins

hey taz friend wnats to know where you took #5 and also wants to know if you are still running meetups!

D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited January 17, 2018

Thanks for visit Daniel. #5 is taken from "East Peak" in Mt. Tam. However, road to Mt. Tam is close till 8:00 am or so. In order to catch sunrise there, first you have to ignore the signs about park being closed. Second you have to hike about 1600 - 1800 ft CLIMB in the dark to get to this view before sunrise. You need to know where to start of course and how not to get lost when going up. I had to stay awake WHOLE night as you know to get to parking alone is about 1.5 + hour drive. Then I am not in very good shape so had to reserve 2.5 + hours for hiking up. So basically commit 4-5 hours before sunrise and hope during that time weather conditions don't change etc. Then it takes an hour or so to get down. Then I drove straight to work.....Caffeine helps/required.

I do meetups still but not as often as I am addicted to good light now and can't bring myself to do a meetup in bad light.

Cheers my friend!

• cendrinemediacendrinemedia Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins

I don't know what to choose as my favorite in this series. They all have something special about them! Well done!

Cendrine Marrouat
    Nature, B&W and closeup photography: https://www.cendrinemedia.com

Thankst Patspicasa and Cendrine!! Greatly appreciate kind comments!