Dear Lord

kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Stuttgart, GermanyPosts: 212Registered Users Major grins

or, Who sees What? Taken at Festival d’Art de Rue 2018, Sion, Switzerland (Hope this one qualifies better as Street).

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

Comments

• toragstorags Major grins Posts: 4,318Registered Users Major grins

Ha! Good capture...

Rags
  • JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,576Registered Users Major grins

Good picture! I might try a square crop (again...) eliminating the right hand column, I like it as is, but worth a try.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Stuttgart, GermanyPosts: 212Registered Users Major grins

@torags said:
    Ha! Good capture...

Glad you like it - the whole show actually was quite funny, but this was not one of the funny scenes :-)

@Juano said:
    Good picture! I might try a square crop (again...) eliminating the right hand column, I like it as is, but worth a try.

I'm unsure - for me, it doesn't work. It removes the right hand column but also centers the subject too much for my taste. Unfortunately, the photo I posted is already a crop of the whole scene, and the original frame has lots more disturbances on the left hand side. However, here is the crop:

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

• JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,576Registered Users Major grins

You're right I prefer the original version too.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Stuttgart, GermanyPosts: 212Registered Users Major grins

@Juano said:
    You're right I prefer the original version too.

Still, I agree with you in that the column is maybe too much, or that its structure is a little disturbing. How about a little stronger vignetting at the sides, or does it become to dark?

• RichardRichard Mildly bemused Madrid, SpainPosts: 18,834Administrators, Vanilla Admin moderator

The original is just fine. I don't think the variations add any value.

• mongoose330mongoose330 South AfricaPosts: 200Registered Users Major grins

Careful with your background clipping . Sometimes one needs to move just a little to try and get your subjects to not get blended in with the background. I also love looking at photos like this , and then think , and imagine ( Yes I was not there , so i dont know what or how quick things happened ) but I wonder how a shot directly in front of them , with you on your knees getting a low angle , and then looking up , You would have to be very cautious about protecting her modesty ( And not been vulgar ) , but would have been a very different and interesting shot .., taking it from A photo of street performers " to letting your viewer ponder and create a story , why is he doing that , why is she doing that , should i look away .. I dunno , what do you think ?

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of Fear
    https://paulwatson.smugmug.com/