Canon EOS R Mirrorless Camera System with RF Mount Lens System

2»

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Still learnin'still lovin Posts: 20,375Super Moderators moderator

@Brett1000 said:

Canon lenses AF quickly with the Canon mirrorless M5 and M50, no reason why the EOS R won't be the same
    Sigma and Tamron lenses almost as good

Good to know! I do think that Dual-Pixel AF is a fantastic approach for mirrorless autofocus.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Still learnin'still lovin Posts: 20,375Super Moderators moderator

Canon 28-70mm f2 R Review: Greatest Zoom EVER (for Canon EOS R)

Tony & Chelsea Northrup
    Published on Oct 7, 2018

The Canon 28-70 f/2 R is a full stop faster than the standard 24-70 f/2.8 that many pros use, and that's a HUGE deal. That reduces noise by a full stop in low-light situations. It blurs the background more than has ever been possible. There's a cost, though: size, and, well, cost. It's $3,000. I compare it to the Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L II and the Canon EOS R 24-105 f/4.

ziggy53
    edited October 15, 2018

The Canon EOS-R: 20 Reasons Why I Bought One and 5 Things Canon Messed Up. (Steve Huff)

ziggy53
    edited October 15, 2018

Steve Huff also has a webpage with the same theme: Canon EOS-R is HERE. Nineteen Things I Like. Five I Don’t. I encourage everyone to read his thoughts there.

After his post he answers questions. One response struck me as pretty strong (Steve currently has a Sony a7 III) (Emphasis mine):

"The A7III has now been surpassed for me by the EOS R. The Canon has better IQ in all areas for photos. Better color, sharper and more depth to the images, and low light is about the same but the Canon remains sharper and has more pop. The color of the EOS R is a stunner right out of the camera and for me, in body IS is not a requirement, not at all. For 1080 video the EOS R is fantastic and offers that same color quality as the stills.

So I have all of these cameras and enjoy them all for what they offer. 1dxII for most video, Leica SL for M lenses, X1D for when I want the Medium Format vibe. I will probably drop the Sony and Olympus soon as I prefer the EOS R in every way over them.

I much prefer the Canon colors, own a few Canon lenses now (four L lenses), prefer the Canon ergonomics and menu, and really love the new Canon lenses that are the heart of the system. I know Canon will release a more pro level body eventually (1dx style but smaller) but I see the future in their lenses with are superb."

ziggy53

A different way to think about the Canon EOS R model:

Canon EOS R: Things Nobody Is Talking About

ziggy53

(54 minutes)

Canon EOS R review - in-depth with Gordon and Doug

ziggy53
  • Brett1000Brett1000 Major grins https://www.flickr.com/photos/photoscw/Posts: 813Registered Users Major grins

"The Canon has better IQ in all areas for photos. Better color, sharper and more depth to the images, and low light is about the same but the Canon remains sharper and has more pop. The color of the EOS R is a stunner right out of the camera and for me, in body IS is not a requirement, not at all. For 1080 video the EOS R is fantastic and offers that same color quality as the stills"

a "fantastic stunner" but I'll wait

edited October 26, 2018

Normally, with a new lens with special qualities vs its older versions I would put that lens on its own thread, but this lens will only fit one camera, the EOS R, and this lens will never work on an older Canon camera.

Canon 50mm f1.2 R Review: AMAZING, but one BIG problem...

ziggy53

I really hate the bluish-tinted blacks in this video, but he used a Panasonic GH5 to film the review.
    The segments where he uses the EOS R and shows the video output from that body "straight out of camera" are really, really nice!

Canon EOS R Video Performance Review

ziggy53

Jared finally reviews a Canon EOS R system in a real-world day of shooting.

Canon EOS R Real World Review | TIME TO SWITCH?! (vs 6D Mark II vs Sony a7 III vs 5D Mark IV)

ziggy53

The Canon EOS-R. Photos, and Why I LOVE Mine. - Steve Huff

ziggy53
2»