Beachfront Home in Paradise

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Major grinsMauiPosts: 786Registered Users Major grins
edited February 6, 2019 in Other Cool Shots

What can $6.2M get you on the island of Maui? Well, not as much as one might imagine, but still quite a bit. This cute 2 story beach home was an absolute joy to photograph. We staged water toys (surfboards, kites, etc) in the yard, I filmed the proper owner kite surfing right off the backyard, and got to fly a drone in a super controlled airspace (Mahalo to the FAA & local ATC for making that happen). Plus...I spent the day at the beach for work!

The ground & interior shots were created with a Sony a7r3 and Sony GM glass + a handful of speedlights scattered throughout the home. All single exposures, no HDR work here. Aerials were shot on a Mavic 2 Zoom. The camera on this little bird doesn't quite have the dynamic range I would prefer, but it does have a telephoto zoom lens, so that's fun.

BONUS: There's a video! Best viewed on a large screen @ 4k UHD quality with premium sound.

Normally, I'd show the entire property in an overhead top-down shot like this. However, the FAA limited me to a 75ft above ground level altitude with the drone, so I took what I could get.

Comments

• WernerGWernerG Major grins Posts: 485Registered Users Major grins

Very nice, especially the dusk shot at the end.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Stuttgart, GermanyPosts: 191Registered Users Major grins

Awesome set again. Good example of what a professional camera in the hands of a professional photographer is capable of today.

I was just a little confused about the woman in #7, was that intended?

Oh, and yeah, I'm moving in!

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,467Registered Users Major grins

Wow! Some people really have been given everything!

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Major grins MauiPosts: 786Registered Users Major grins

@WernerG said:
    Very nice, especially the dusk shot at the end.

Thank you!

@kurzvorzwoelf said:
    Awesome set again. Good example of what a professional camera in the hands of a professional photographer is capable of today.

I was just a little confused about the woman in #7, was that intended?

Oh, and yeah, I'm moving in!

Ha! I'm glad you pointed that out, and a little embarrassed I never caught it myself! I've since repaired that mistake, thanks. :smiley:

@Stumblebum said:
    Wow! Some people really have been given everything!

You got that right, Taz! I'm shooting a home this Friday that'll be listed for $29M. Some of the art pieces on the walls are over $1M. I'll be sure to post pics when I can!

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLPosts: 6,408Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 7, 2019

More great stuff, JonaBeth. You need a helper? BTW....this house by itself might...might....make the $1,500,000 range around here, depending on where it is located. The package you presented really accentuates the old addage that location, location, is paramount.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.