Texture and color

JuanoJuano Major grinsBrasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,519Registered Users Major grins

Still trying and experimenting.

Comments

  • CornflakeCornflake Major grins Posts: 2,314Registered Users Major grins

    Interesting, Cristobal. Keep experimenting!

  • kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Stuttgart, GermanyPosts: 191Registered Users Major grins

    I can see this hanging in some art gallery and people discussing it seriously, like "whoa, what was this intention with all this tonal differences, it must be some expression of conflict in modern society" and at the same time, Cristobal in front of his PC like "hm, what does this slider in PS do again?" hehe.

    I agree with Cornflake, it's quite interesting what you are doing there!

    Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

    I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

    My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

  • JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,519Registered Users Major grins

    @kurzvorzwoelf said:
    I can see this hanging in some art gallery and people discussing it seriously, like "whoa, what was this intention with all this tonal differences, it must be some expression of conflict in modern society" and at the same time, Cristobal in front of his PC like "hm, what does this slider in PS do again?" hehe.

    I agree with Cornflake, it's quite interesting what you are doing there!

    Conflict in modern society... yes, that was exactly what I was thinking :p !!

  • redleashredleash Texas Grins San Antonio, TXPosts: 3,738Registered Users Major grins

    I think I am back in the 70s! Keep it up, Cristobal -- you are giving us some fun stuff to look at.

    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

    Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • WernerGWernerG Major grins Posts: 485Registered Users Major grins

    The set of four with the common theme of the rectangle is very striking.

  • JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,519Registered Users Major grins

    @redleash said:
    I think I am back in the 70s! Keep it up, Cristobal -- you are giving us some fun stuff to look at.

    Ha! I'll take that as a compliment... I guess I'm dating myself!

    @WernerG said:
    The set of four with the common theme of the rectangle is very striking.

    Many thanks.

  • CornflakeCornflake Major grins Posts: 2,314Registered Users Major grins

    A friend is an artist whose paintings sell for what seems like a lot of money to me. I've heard that when painters take off in a new direction, there's often a period when the new creations don't really work. It takes a while for the artist to settle in. Meanwhile their agents want them to stop this tomfoolery and go back to what safely sold.

    That's just a coda to "keep experimenting."

  • StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,467Registered Users Major grins

    Amazing work! Bravo!

  • JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,519Registered Users Major grins

    @Cornflake said:
    A friend is an artist whose paintings sell for what seems like a lot of money to me. I've heard that when painters take off in a new direction, there's often a period when the new creations don't really work. It takes a while for the artist to settle in. Meanwhile their agents want them to stop this tomfoolery and go back to what safely sold.

    That's just a coda to "keep experimenting."

    Point taken. Since my previous work wasn't selling for a lot of money (or any money, for that matter) I guess I'm safe to keep on trying things!

    In this particular instance, I think that the texture is a bit overwhelming, I need to try different somewhat smoother backgrounds. Lots of fun! Thanks for the comments.

  • RichardRichard Mildly bemused Madrid, SpainPosts: 18,756Administrators, Vanilla Admin moderator

    Very cool. I like the vibrant colors.

  • JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,519Registered Users Major grins

    @WernerG said:
    The set of four with the common theme of the rectangle is very striking.

    @Stumblebum said:
    Amazing work! Bravo!

    @Richard said:
    Very cool. I like the vibrant colors.

    Many thanks!

  • redleashredleash Texas Grins San Antonio, TXPosts: 3,738Registered Users Major grins

    Yes, meant it as a compliment - although yours is totally abstract this reminds me of Peter Max, who painted sports figures in a similar style to this. And I am dating myself also!

    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

    Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
Sign In or Register to comment.