Wildflower

CornflakeCornflake Major grinsPosts: 2,392Registered Users Major grins

This is the first desert wildflower to bloom in our yard this year. I don't know what it is. Every fall my wife and I scatter seeds. By the time flowers appear, we've forgotten what kinds of seed we scattered.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAPosts: 12,269Super Moderators moderator

Whatever it is, it's beautiful!
    I like the focus on this.

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins Posts: 2,392Registered Users Major grins

Thanks, Denise.

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,551Registered Users Major grins

Superb!

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLPosts: 6,476Registered Users Major grins

Well done, Don. I'd like to see this cropped about an inch and a half left of the far left bloom, ,straigt down to a point about 1 inch below the lowest bloom and run that line over to the right border. The real effort is to remove that up-turned leaf on the lower left.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

Thanks, Taz.

Tom, I can see why you would say that. I decided that the petal at the lower left added some needed depth. It's debatable.

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLPosts: 6,476Registered Users Major grins

@Cornflake said:
    Thanks, Taz.

Tom, I can see why you would say that. I decided that the petal at the lower left added some needed depth. It's debatable.

The reason I proposed the cropping was because of my pronounced affinity for the abstract. When cropped along the lines I suggested, it has morphed into something other than a flower.....a really teriffic abstract with a lot of mystery. The colors are killer. Sorry, Don, for imposing my own aberations on you. Good work.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

Tom, don't apologize! I appreciate critiques and often follow suggestions.

• JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,576Registered Users Major grins

I can see Tom’s point. Lovely shot and colors.