53669950-L.jpg

53669967-L.jpg

:thumb

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    Funny,

I *used* to have a son named Zac who drove a car like this. But I had to disown him for SPAMMING me to buy him a new one.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 23, 2006
    53669957-L.jpg

and now I drive this heapajunk

52300956-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2006
    Everyone, this is my oldest son, Zac. Zac wants me to buy him YET another car. So, he's now spamming me on my own forum. Sigh - there's no hiding anymore.

26032818-M-1.jpg

and here he is, too:
    325504-M-1.jpg

325507-M-1.jpg

wave.gif Hi Zac
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2006
    at least i'm not a clown mwink.gif

44340328-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2006
    But he's a super cool dad and i love him!
  • Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    :haha
    nandysso wrote:
    at least i'm not a clown mwink.gif

44340328-Ti.jpg

:lol4

i would like to thank you Zac. you have just given useful ammunition to all of the people here on Dgrin, ESPECIALLY harry and all the other nikoniansthumb.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Options
    edited January 23, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    But he's a super cool dad and i love him!

:bigbs now comes the buttering-up, you must want something rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2006
    53682165-L-2.jpg
    you are always sticking out your tongue!
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    Since you own Rutt, Andy, if you work fast perhaps you could work it so the car would cost you nothing.

ginger

(Oh, and I would like a car, too..................any working car, actually, especially with a/c. You are a super cool moderator, Andy. Hi, Rutt!)

Oh, and "hi" Zac, you were a cute baby! Now you are a good photography, your daddy raised you up right! Good luck on the new car!
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    He takes care of me too and makes sure I have the best cameras thumb.gif
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    :haha

:lol4

i would like to thank you Zac. you have just given useful ammunition to all of the people here on Dgrin, ESPECIALLY harry and all the other nikoniansthumb.gif

You must not have seen the ARQG. Link in my sig.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    and now I drive this heapajunk

52300956-Ti.jpg

You're one lucky kid. Nice car. Nicer car than I had until I'd been working for 10 years. The best thing your father could do right now is leave you to go out and earn the car you want. Spoon-feeding you luxury will never prepare you for your life ahead. Thank your father for teaching you a valuable lesson that the finest things in life are even finer when you've earned them yourself, and that hard work and determination are far more important than getting a free ride.

And he gave you a camera, too?

Stop your whining.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    53682165-L-2.jpg
    you are always sticking out your tongue!

You seem to inspire use of the tongue amongst youngin's...
    36468033-L.jpg
    image.php?u=5958&dateline=1138076278
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • Options
    ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    :bigbs now comes the buttering-up, you must want something rolleyes1.gif

Well yea..a NEW car.rolleyes1.gif Good to meet you Zac.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    welcome Zac
    I always do the same but not for car :D Nice photos and car
    Must be thankful ! you have a car !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    PoindexterPoindexter Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    Zac - you have a very capable E30 there thumb.gif

I'm in the process of building mine to make it more capable ;) - http://dpmotorwerks.com/RaceStart.htm
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006

Awais, this is the nicest thing you could ever do for me! deal.gif
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    Poindexter wrote:

I'm in the process of building mine to make it more capable ;) - http://dpmotorwerks.com/RaceStart.htm

Listen to him, Zac - good advice. Keeeeep the car. Keeeeep the car. you don't need another car
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    welcome Zac
    I always do the same but not for car :D Nice photos and car
    Awais is right you know, all i use is a bicycle, and that isn't even mine :D
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    Andy wrote:

325507-M-1.jpg

Smugmug nudity alert!!!!!! :D
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    Maybe I'm getting old?
    But I always say "You appreciate something MORE if you work for it".

When I was your age I woulda loved to have something as nice as what you call "a heapajunk"!
    Shoulda seen some of the stuff I had to drive when I was your age. :D
    But I earned it and paid for it. So that to me was better than if it was given to me.
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    Poindexter wrote:

ahem, its an eta...
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    Well there is more to the story than everyone knows so here's a quick overview.

The heapajunk was free and although it may look okay from the outside, it really is an underpowered snail waiting to blow up.

I was promised 2-3 years ago that if I go to college for free andy would buy me NEW car. Now, I don't want a new car, the car I want is 17 years old and $3000. The tuition that I save my dad every year = $30,000...

headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    nandysso wrote:

The heapajunk was free and although it may look okay from the outside, it really is an underpowered snail waiting to blow up.

I was promised 2-3 years ago that if I go to college for free andy would buy me NEW car. Now, I don't want a new car, the car I want is 17 years old and $3000. The tuition that I save my dad every year = $30,000...

headscratch.gif

Hmm. Are you forgetting the REST of the story? Didn't I buy this sweet BMW for you when you were still only 15, fixed up, put a lot of dough into it, too, so you'd have a car when you got your license headscratch.gif

53721351-L.jpg

And people wonder why I have grey hair now!

53721400-L.jpg

blbl.gif
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    ahem, its an eta...
    Your point is? headscratch.gif

Your car has more power than mine then - I have an es. By the way, being a good driver isn't about how much power your car has, it is about how well you can handle your car. I notice that you've been autoxing - you should know that it is more about handling and knowing how to use the throttle than powering through the course (ever wonder why the more powerful cars have worse times than the handling cars ;) ).

By the way, the E30 you're looking it is pretty decent.
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    Poindexter wrote:
    Your point is? headscratch.gif

Your car has more power than mine then - I have an es. By the way, being a good driver isn't about how much power your car has, it is about how well you can handle your car. I notice that you've been autoxing - you should know that it is more about handling and knowing how to use the throttle than powering through the course (ever wonder why the more powerful cars have worse times than the handling cars ;) ).

By the way, the E30 you're looking it is pretty decent.
    mine is a 325es too. The e stands for eta but you probably know that :) . The only problem with it autoxing is that the powerband isn't long enough for me to be able to stay in 1st gear and I have to shift which I lose time in.

But your right, handling is important and right now it just has the stock suspension :( .
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    mine is a 325es too. The e stands for eta but you probably know that :) . The only problem with it autoxing is that the powerband isn't long enough for me to be able to stay in 1st gear and I have to shift which I lose time in.

But your right, handling is important and right now it just has the stock suspension :( .
    The e is typically refered to as the eta, but maybe that is a Southern thing - we're all backwards down here rolleyes1.gif

The e, if I recall correctly, has 127 horsepower while the es has 121. The difference in the es is more torque and a limited slip rear differential - I was going to leave that part out if you had an e - lol.
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    Poindexter wrote:
    The e is typically refered to as the eta, but maybe that is a Southern thing - we're all backwards down here rolleyes1.gif

The e, if I recall correctly, has 127 horsepower while the es has 121. The difference in the es is more torque and a limited slip rear differential - I was going to leave that part out if you had an e - lol.
    e/es/eta: all the same engine. 325/325e/325es: all the same engine.

it is a 2.7l 122hp 167tq. the 325es has sport seats, LSD, sport steering wheel, mtech suspension, trunklip spoiler, front airdam. If a stock 325e and a 325es were to race, the 325es would win by .02 seconds to 60mph because of the higher ration LSD.

My car has a Dinan chip, cold air intake, and Ansa freeflow exhaust which add maybe 20hp and 20tq. That extra stuff is bolt on things that I added

I know this stuff bc I spend way too much time on w w w . b i m m e r f o r u m s . c o m and not studying :( it may also be because i've owned 3 e30's all with the 2.7l eta engine
  • Options
    ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    nandysso wrote:

headscratch.gif

Ya shoulda taken the tuition instead mwink.gif
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    Ya shoulda taken the tuition instead mwink.gif
    he doesnt' have to pay for tuition because i get it for free, thats the deal rolleyes1.gif