Upload once, have it in different gallery with different security settings

DMattDMatt Big grinsPosts: 18Registered Users Big grins

I'm checking Smugmug every few months if this is implemented jet. I want to upload a picture only once to my private folder (or gallery). And then I want to distribute some pictures (from my private folder) for many uses: family albums, portfolio, themed galleries. All of those have different privacy settings. Why can't photo inherit rules from the gallery which is in? If I have one photo in 4 galleries I have to upload it 4 times!

Tagged:

Comments

• AllenAllen "tweak 'til it squeaks" St. Louis, MoPosts: 9,680Registered Users Major grins
    edited October 7, 2019

Upload once. Make a 2nd copy and move it.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website | My Blog
  • DMattDMatt Big grins Posts: 18Registered Users Big grins

Hm, interesting. Only I'll have to do a new gallery for copying step.

• nonaxoxoxnonaxoxox CaliforniaPosts: 9Registered Users Big grins

I agree, it seems that if you leave the photo security wide open, that it should inherit access rights from the gallery it's placed in.

• leftquarkleftquark SmugMug Product Team Posts: 3,622Administrators, Vanilla Admin, SmugMug Product Team SmugMug Employee

This is something that we'll move towards in the future, though I don't have a time on when we'll get there.

SmugMug Director of Product / dGrin Afficionado
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • colourboxcolourbox Major grins Posts: 2,095Registered Users Major grins

That's good to hear, looking forward to it. I've wanted it to work that way too.

• DMattDMatt Big grins Posts: 18Registered Users Big grins

@leftquark said:
    This is something that we'll move towards in the future, though I don't have a time on when we'll get there.

That would be very helpful. Looking forward to it.