Gallery Smart Rules

lfeiwellfeiwel USAPosts: 11Registered Users Big grins

I have many photos stores in a 'years' folder. Within that folder I have a gallery for each year. I populate all my other folders and respective galleries via smart rules, linking from the years galleries to respective albums with those selected keywords those keywords...Fore example, a smart gallery with photos of me, another with photos of my wife, another of a given trip etc. All works fine. Now I try to, for example, have a gallery of my dog, but do not want it to include those photos with a keyword of me or my wife...just the dog. I have created a smart album with the logical inclusion and exclusions, but still see the 'excluded keyword 'photos in the dog album. I have set the criteria to include all rules should be followed, but still no go. Any suggfestiuons?

Tagged:

Comments

• lfeiwellfeiwel USAPosts: 11Registered Users Big grins

I have even sorted the smart album logic to 1st exclude the associated keyworded photos, and then finally include the dog keyword, to no avail

• pilotdavepilotdave Major grins Posts: 773Registered Users Major grins

I did a little testing and I don't think the smart gallery logic works correctly, so you might be experiencing a bug. Try setting "match rules" to Any instead of All... I found that those don't work as would be expected, at least when using Exclude. Setting it to Any gave me the results I would have expected from All, and setting it to All gave me a small subset of the expected results.

I also found that the order of the rules matters. This is what worked for me:

Include photos from gallery ___
    Include photos with keyword XXX
    Exclude photos with keyword YYY

Match rules: Any

See if that does it.

Dave

• lfeiwellfeiwel USAPosts: 11Registered Users Big grins

Wow...It works as you describe.
    I appreciate your efforts and am now only fearful that the 'bug/feature' will be 'fixed'

Thank you

I can now release the album for all to see