Fuggerstadt Classic 2019 - oldtimer car rally
For the past few years in September, Augsburg has hosted the "Fuggerstadt Classic" car rally. This past September the partner and I decided to take a gander at the cars on display on the two hours before "takeoff". As you might imagine, the conditions for shooting were somewhat challenging due to the masses of people and very busy backgrounds. Here are a few of the autos I found the most interesting: (in chronological order)
1) 1933 Alfa Romeo 8C Touring Spider
2) 1935 Lagonda Rapide
3) 1950 Alvis OTS Special
...the water tank on the side of the Alvis "sau heiss" = "damn hot"
4) 1956 BMW 503 Cabriolet (I couldn't get over the form of the front end!)
5) 1958 Mercedes-Benz 22S Coupe - I loved the colors on this one: they're original
6) 1959 Borgward Isabella, little known outside of Germany
7) 1959 MGA - the best part of this car was mounted on the luggage rack...
...the car is owned by one of the local breweries...
8) and no rally would be complete without a Rolls Royce from the 60's
9) 1961 Fiat Jolly Ghia 600 - the peprfect car for a picnic
10) 1962 BMW Isetta 250
11) 1963 Wolga M21
12) 1964 Lancia Flaminia GT 2.8 Superleggera
13) 1967 Glas Goggomobil Coupe
14) 1981 DeLorean DMC-12
15) 1985 Citroen 2CV in Germany known as "Die Ente" (the duck)
16) ...at the opposite end of the speed spectrum... 1986 Lamborghini Countach 5000s QV
17) Marlin Sportster 8
for those who are interested, here's a link to the full gallery: https://sarasphotos.de/PublicGalleries/Art-Architecture-Lifestyle/Fuggerstadt-Classic-2019