S9000 back from repair

2»

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 28, 2006
    Okay, okay. Fun has been had. Nick, if you have anything else to say about your S9000 (which, for the record I never put down, simply pointed out I thought it strange you keep around a D60 you so dislike) repair experience, please share with others who might benefit. I, for one, would welcome this as a good show. If you have nothing else to add there, we'll all move on. K?
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Hey, all.

I opened this thread back up because this is an open forum. Nick is free to talk about his camera all he wants, as are the rest of us.

Did this thread get out of hand? Definitely. Tempers flared over some of the most trivial matters. As I said, Nick has every right to love his camera and to share his experience with getting it fixed.

We're not here to shut down discussion, but to open it up. Gus, Doc, and the rest, if you're tiring of a discussion, then opt out.

But please, what we have here is a fantastic forum, lots of great people, tons of great information, and it's only getting better. Harry is right that one of the strengths of dgrin is how seldom you see a thread turn into a mudslinging match. We're here to have fun, and sling mud in fun, but in the end we're a live and let live community.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    No mudslinging? Shucks!

46904574-M.jpg
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited January 28, 2006
    Mud's OK:): Just not personal attacks and gestures.thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • nickphoto123nickphoto123 Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Now I Know...
    Now I know more about Digital grin than I knew before.

It seems that I have unknownigly lanced Digitalgrin's boil, resulting in the spraying of the apparant essence of Digitalgrin for all to see, at least until this post or thread is removed.

I wish i knew this earlier, I would have never wasted my time.

I give you my promise, you won't see me here any more.

Good riddence, Nicholas

(P.S. To all of you honorable people, thanks for your comments and your exchange of ideas.)
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Now I know more about Digital grin than I knew before.

It seems that I have unknownigly lanced Digitalgrin's boil, resulting in the spraying of the apparant essence of Digitalgrin for all to see, at least until this post or thread is removed.

I wish i knew this earlier, I would have never wasted my time.

I give you my promise, you won't see me here any more.

Good riddence, Nicholas

(P.S. To all of you honorable people, thanks for your comments and your exchange of ideas.)

Sorry to see you or anyone leave the forum. Seriously.

Unfortunatly, from experience, this seems to be the most "welcome-to-all" place around. DPReview, FM, & others can be even more brutal.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Ouch............eek7.gif
    Nick maybe a couple days away will help this all cool down. Dont go over one incident.... iloveyou.gif
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Hey Nick,

You do what you think best. I wish you luck.

I have already made myself clear on how felt about the responses you have received in this thread.

As you go I might suggest that you reflect on your own level of comminications throughout your stream of S9000 posts. I have found that when my communications result in a series of negative responses that there is usually some problem with how I communicated.

Take care.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • tbcasstbcass Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 15, 2006
    If you hate your heavy D60 and F828 as much as you sound like you do, I think there's dGrinners that would happily take them off of your hands.

I, for one will take the D60 and give it a good loving home. How much do you want for such an awful camera?
    He never said he hated those cameras, just that he prefered using the apparently lighter s9000. Why all the flames?
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2006
    tbcass wrote:
    He never said he hated those cameras, just that he prefered using the apparently lighter s9000. Why all the flames?

Forgive me for being suspicious that on your first post..you go to a thread that was a flame up 6 months ago & start defending nick...really thats not something someone would do on their first post unless they were that person in my book.

Now i can either close this thread right now or welcome you to Dgrin & ask that you join in & not start stirring up old crap.

Gus
  • tbcasstbcass Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 17, 2006
    Sorry
    S
    gus wrote:
    Forgive me for being suspicious that on your first post..you go to a thread that was a flame up 6 months ago & start defending nick...really thats not something someone would do on their first post unless they were that person in my book.

Now i can either close this thread right now or welcome you to Dgrin & ask that you join in & not start stirring up old crap.

Gus

I just joined this group. I've been a long time poster at DPReview and am getting sick of the flame wars there. Since I own an s9000 I went to the first thread I saw about it and, guess what, I found another flame war. I hope this is the exception not the rule.

Tom
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    tbcass wrote:
    S

I just joined this group. I've been a long time poster at DPReview and am getting sick of the flame wars there. Since I own an s9000 I went to the first thread I saw about it and, guess what, I found another flame war. I hope this is the exception not the rule.

Tom
    You made your first post in here into a flame thread post that in my opinion was asking for retort. Honestly..just for 30 seconds..put yourself in a mods shoes & look where & what you did as an introductory post. We are very keen on keeping that garbage away from D/grin thus my heavy handidness if i see it raise its head or suspect that someone is fishing for trouble.

You are of course most welcome in here & i will happily point you to the threads that we have for this very purpose.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=9941&highlight=delurk

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=840&highlight=introduce
  • rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    I had the same stupid thing happen to my s9000 and it pissed me off bad enough that I bought a 30D...I know, I'm crazy! I went it in over a week ago and I have yet to get an email or anything as to the progress.
    well, my new 30D is supposed to come in the mail today, so I'm looking forward to it. I think fuji should've put up a recall, it seems EVER s9000 owner has had such problems.

- RE
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4