Mini Challenge #356: Celebrations
For this challenge, let's look at celebrations one might enjoy with family, friends, and/or community. Times like these can help us put our busy lives on hold to focus on our friends, families, community or nation. Photos may include people or suggest a celebration by focusing on something like a birthday cake, patriotic flag, etc. Since this topic is rather broad, here are few examples of the kinds of events or holidays I would love to see here (but it is not limited to these).
- Events and holidays families might celebrate such as birthdays, graduations, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Children's Day
- National holidays such as Canada Day, Belgium National Day, Independence Day, Australia Day and days people honor veterans
- Local festivals or celebrations (which could include celebrating a national sports championship)
Please give each of your entries a title indicating something about the event or cause for celebration. This mini-challenge will end on Sunday, August 13th at 10pm EST.
Here are some visual examples:
1) The Birthday Boy
2) Riders in a Rice Festival in Arles, France
3) Handing Out Packets of Rice at the Festival
4) Fourth of July Parade (led by military veterans including my father, taken 29 years ago)
5) Friends Celebrating 47 years of Marriage
6) At a Graduation from Basic Military Training
7) Children's Day in South Korea
This was taken on a Saturday when families converged on a place we were visiting. The children were given toys, special treats, and rides. Since I avoided taking photos of the children, this is one of the few I took there.
(If you are new to the Dgrin challenges, you may find it helpful to read the Unofficial Guidelines and Rules.)