RD1: Daytona and Tings....

2»

Comments

• maczippymaczippy Registered Users Posts: 597 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    I was kinda shocked too, but after a week in Daytona and watching totally silly antics (and I'm no saint myself) I guess it's just a process of natural selection.....
    AutoMotoPhoto® Motorcycle Racing Photography
    Next Race - MotoGP Donington
    :ivar

edited March 22, 2006
    LP3B1636_bubba.jpg
    A sprinkling of visual delights from Daytoner have now been added to my site

Andrew :)

• SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    Great series Andrew thumb.gif . The shot of the KR 211v caught my eye. In an interview KR snr said that he is looking forward to the new season with a competitive engine. It would be great to see the team get a podium or even a win.
  • galaxycowpokegalaxycowpoke Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    maczippy wrote:
    I was kinda shocked too, but after a week in Daytona and watching totally silly antics (and I'm no saint myself) I guess it's just a process of natural selection.....

The bell curve IQ distribution explains a lot.
    edited March 23, 2006
    maczippy wrote:

Nice Stewart shot! Are you channel-mixing your black and whites? That's the only way I've been able to get satisfactory B&Ws from digital. Regular Desat or LAB Lightness channel conversion just doesn't do it for me.

The last one I did, I used mostly blue channel then warm81 photo filter. And that was it. I tried the an overlay blend layer but didn't like what it did to skin tones (was a wedding photo from Saturday) and deleted it.
    edited March 24, 2006
    maczippy wrote:

You created order from the chaos. Even better than being there. I want more!

Love the Duhamel (on bike, clear shield, practice run?) and Ponder (in pits) frames.

You really got under that one motocross bike! eek7.gif That angle made it seem like an aircraft flying overhead.

Wow. clap.gif
    edited March 26, 2006
    Thank you!!

As for the B&W, I actually do it a numberof different way depending on what tickles me. So it might be with an action, or as you mentioned or even in the RAw window...

edited March 26, 2006
    maczippy wrote:
    Thank you!!

As for the B&W, I actually do it a numberof different way depending on what tickles me. So it might be with an action, or as you mentioned or even in the RAw window...
    Hmm. Never tried it in RAW. Have to look at that.

Here's one I just created from my nautical adventure yesterday. I used channel mixing. Seems to be my fav method right now.

P.S. Watched the Jerez race today. Looks as if you've got a new star to shoot: Pedrosa. Look forward to that. It would be cool to see some shots of him hanging off! One brief video shot from behind made it look like he was practically off the bike!
    edited March 26, 2006
    Saxon wrote:
    Just saw your crash shots in the latest issue of Roadracing World. thumb.gif

Pretty unusual to get that many crash shots in a series.

The second bike was really a mess. Ugh.

Thanks! I just got my comp copy and they look good...

Actually for the Josh Hayes series there's a total of 12 captures all the way to the tyres, I have the entire series in my book.

edited March 26, 2006
    Saxon wrote:
    P.S. Watched the Jerez race today. Looks as if you've got a new star to shoot: Pedrosa. Look forward to that. It would be cool to see some shots of him hanging off! One brief video shot from behind made it look like he was practically off the bike!

Well, I will be at Mugello (Italian GP), Sachsenring (German GP), Donington (British GP), the USGP at Laguna Seca and the Australian GP at Phlilip Island and maybe others if they do not clash with the AMA so I'm looking forward to this year already!

• adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    Hey Andrew, if you want a bag carrier for Donington, I'm yer man. All you have to do is supply me with a ticket rolleyes1.gif .

maczippy wrote:
    Well, I will be at Mugello (Italian GP), Sachsenring (German GP), Donington (British GP), the USGP at Laguna Seca and the Australian GP at Phlilip Island and maybe others if they do not clash with the AMA so I'm looking forward to this year already!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
    edited March 27, 2006
    adrian_k wrote:
    Hey Andrew, if you want a bag carrier for Donington, I'm yer man. All you have to do is supply me with a ticket rolleyes1.gif .
    I'm sure Andrew wishes he had dollar for everytime someone's made that offer. :D
    But you can always count on him to be gracious about it. He's a good guy.
    beer.gif
    edited March 29, 2006
    Make that 10 dollars!!!

rolleyes1.gif

• tcsphototcsphoto Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    maczippy wrote:
    Oh...here's something bike related rolleyes1.gif
    Great shots as always, I almost didn't see the bikes. Congrats on the column. I'll look forward to reading them

Tom (tcsphoto)

I used to dream of all things Nikon, then I got the bill.
    http://www.sowdphotography.com/
    edited April 18, 2006
    tcsphoto wrote:

Great shots as always, I almost didn't see the bikes. Congrats on the column. I'll look forward to reading them

TOM! (and thank you too.......) That crash Hotbodies shot is quite the capture!!

Aside from that, thanks for the kudos...

Barber this weekend...