Options

Night Shots

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited April 12, 2004 in The Big Picture
Okay kids, it's nighttime over the entire US (actually, it's early morning in Waxyland). Wake up those cameras and let's see some dark stuff. Come on...let's see it.
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,905 moderator
    edited January 31, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Okay kids, it's nighttime over the entire US (actually, it's early morning in Waxyland). Wake up those cameras and let's see some dark stuff. Come on...let's see it.
    1915311-M.jpg
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2004
    1915310-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2004
    no no no...go out and shoot now. You've already shot those.

cool flare, huh?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2004
    fish wrote:
    no no no...go out and shoot now. You've already shot those.

cool flare, huh?
    Cool flair but the only thing my eyes want to see right now is the
    pillow :):

Ian
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2004
  • Options
    knaryknary Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited January 31, 2004
    warm/cool (might be too dark to be readable on a windows box)
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2004
    attaboy, knary!
  • Options
    knaryknary Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited January 31, 2004
    silly shot 99,247
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2004
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2004
    2211429-M.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2004
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2004
    the flug filter :)
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2004
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2004
    I like that one fish...

What is it the cherokee headlight ?
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    I like that one fish...

What is it the cherokee headlight ?
    nod.gif
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2004
    1214008_s.jpg

Night riders...
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    WolfWolf Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2004
    Very cool. This one really projects some strange feelings... Awesome.
  • Options
    Richard CabesaRichard Cabesa Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2004
    Here is one I took this evening.

2223083-M.jpg
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2004
    Can't be. Where's the snow? rolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2004
    Every night at about 7 pm, there are a few thousand Flying Fox's going over. I dunno how to photograph them...

2225598-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2004
    .2225618-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2004

2225638-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2004
    Hmmm...think i got a 'rod' in that last shot. How about that ?
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2004
    I love those images of the FFs (:lol). Nice color work. I wish I could catch a rod in a photo.
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2004
    The little buggars eyesight is spot on & every time i hit the button....the auto focus seems to deflect them. Man can they bite !

Now i know what a rod is at least.
  • Options
    edited February 3, 2004
    Daym fish...now i am wanting a telephoto. Last time i opened my wallet...Henry Lawson put sunnies on.

Here come the lads.

2251865-M.jpg
  • Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2004
    <note to self; search glossary - rod>

I'm still working on this stuff.. (BOY am I glad I found a place that lets the noobs be boobs!) I've only just realized the wisdom of setting my quality a bit higher (but still want a bit of compression, as I have no intention of printing anything at this point). The following views are from an area east of downtown Los Angeles, looking west by southwest. A little to the left of the frame would be the island of Catalina. The rise to the right is the Signal Hill area, just around Long Beach.

These first two are of pretty much the same area. I couldn't tell you WHAT I did to change the tone of the lights, but clearly something happened there (this is an awful lot like my cooking, rarely can I duplicate a recipe). I think I'll just submit these as more of a series.
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2004
    Oy.. alright, gotta learn to work with the system. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that one's zoomed in a bit more. Didn't think that would change the quality of the light all that much, but, c'est la vies, eh?
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2004
    Toledo skyline shot. Not taken today but what the heck.
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Daym fish...now i am wanting a telephoto. Last time i opened my wallet...Henry Lawson put sunnies on.

Here come the lads.

2251865-M.jpg
    Excellent shot, hummer!