Smugmug running really slow today??

digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
edited May 31, 2006 in SmugMug Support
My site is running really slow today and taking forever to display my pictures in some galleries.

Whats going on today????
www.lamontphotography.com
Canon 60D
Canon Rebel XTi (400)
Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
MacBook, MacPro

Comments

• SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 29, 2006
    My site is running really slow today and taking forever to display my pictures in some galleries.

Whats going on today????

We had a major database problem. I believe it is fixed now, but we are way behind on image processing.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    Good question.
    When I click on some of my galleries,it takes me to smugmugs main page?????
    Upload is all to hellne_nau.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited May 29, 2006
    Sheaf wrote:
    We had a major database problem. I believe it is fixed now, but we are way behind on image processing.
    I have had upload crap out on me twice in mid-stream. What did make it still shows as processing. Is it safe to assume that those pics will eventually show up?
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    Sheaf wrote:

Think again...it ain't fixed.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    Not fixed here yet! :uhoh
    Takes f o r e v e r to "Process Image" then when it's done it's black. headscratch.gif
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • bertolabertola Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 29, 2006
    I'm also experiencing a very slow smugmug site today. Can't run a slide show (lengthy pauses between images) and even viewing images in a gallery at medium size is taking over 60 seconds.

Please keep us posted as to when this will be resolved.

Perhaps I've missed them, but other than a response to this thread, I haven't seen any official announcement as to the problem and when it will be resolved.

Thanks.
  • bertolabertola Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 29, 2006
    Perhaps I spoke too soon.

Seems to be running smoothly again!!!
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    It's still real slow, which may be an understatement! My first upload worked but my second one has uploaded everything and then locked up the browser.
    edited May 29, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    Think again...it ain't fixed.

I believe it actually is fixed, but we need to catch up on processing images. We have about 10,000 images waiting to be processed and until we catch up, it will be quite slow.

I'm sorry folks, we're doing our best to get this sorted out.
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited May 29, 2006
    Sheaf wrote:
    I believe it actually is fixed, but we need to catch up on processing images. We have about 10,000 images waiting to be processed and until we catch up, it will be quite slow.

Wow, with the size of that number I can now understand the delay. Thanks for the info.
    edited May 29, 2006
    Sheaf wrote:

Fair enough....I'm giving it another go.
    edited May 29, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    Fair enough....I'm giving it another go.
    Not exactly ideal... If you don't mind waiting a bit, it would be nice to help us work on the queue first.

Patience....

With 11074 photos in the queue, your photos won't be processed any time soon.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Theresa KTheresa K Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 29, 2006
    My last upload is 2 hours and counting
    Sheaf wrote:

Trying to be patient..... :bash
    edited May 29, 2006
    Sheaf wrote:
    Not exactly ideal... If you don't mind waiting a bit, it would be nice to help us work on the queue first.

Patience....

With 11074 photos in the queue, your photos won't be processed any time soon.

Ok, OK....I'll stop for awhile, but I really really need to have these pic's online tomorrow! Blame the orange on DavidTO...he didn't like my green.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    Ok, OK....I'll stop for awhile, but I really really need to have these pic's online tomorrow! Blame the orange on DavidTO...he didn't like my green.

Orange you taking this a bit far? Are you trying to make us all green with envy with your typographical prowess?

Call me a simple man, but I think text should only be colored for a specific reason, that's all. :D
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited May 29, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Orange you taking this a bit far? Are you trying to make us all green with envy with your typographical prowess?

Call me a simple man, but I think text should only be colored for a specific reason, that's all. :D

I don't. Isn't it nice we aren't all the samelol3.gif ?
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    I don't. Isn't nice we aren't all the samelol3.gif ?

In this case, no.

umph.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006

Whats going on today????

Yep.. it's still quite slow.
    Besides that i get tons of 'connection exceptions' from the Java Uploader and a bunch of 'File had errors and could not be processed.' (about 20% of my pics that i have tried to upload) are reported as well... and i know the files are OK.

I guess the server can't keep up?
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
    edited May 30, 2006
    Tuesday
    So where are we at today (Tuesday)? Responce time seems to be a little better. Most of the 115 photos I posted yesterday are in the folder I posted them to but 4 still say they are being processed.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited May 30, 2006
    mrcoons wrote:
    So where are we at today (Tuesday)? Responce time seems to be a little better. Most of the 115 photos I posted yesterday are in the folder I posted them to but 4 still say they are being processed.

Most of what I uploaded yesterday got processed overnight. However, about a dozen pics either got screwed up or showed as still processing. I deleted all of those and uploaded them again without problem. Response time looks normal to me. YMMV.

Cheers,
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    mrcoons wrote:

The queue is empty. You may have to reupload those four, very sorry for the troubles.
    edited May 30, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    The queue is empty. You may have to reupload those four, very sorry for the troubles.

Not a big deal to me, I can certainly resend them. Thanks!
  • marieboyermarieboyer Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    My new photos uploaded no problem but today I am having problems viewing certain photos in my galleries. I loaded this gallery a few days ago and had no problem viewing the photos shortly after they loaded. BUt today, many within the gallery are not loading. I click the photo and it just ends up endlessly attempting to load. Are there still problems today? Thanks for your help!
    Andy wrote:
  • digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    mrcoons wrote:

Still slow this Tuesday morning and in one of my galleries, one of the images says "Photo not found".

Thats wierd why is that box there headscratch.gif

other than that still taking forever to load images
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    Still slow this Tuesday morning and in one of my galleries, one of the images says "Photo not found".

Thats wierd why is that box there headscratch.gif

other than that still taking forever to load images

YEAH Im getting exactly the same thingheadscratch.gif

Several images say photo not found and it takes forever to load
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • marieboyermarieboyer Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    Andy:
    Guess what. I tried just getting out of Firefox all together. Then I reloaded Firefox, went back in to Smugmug gallery, and voila! No problems. Hope this really easy fix helps others.
    marieboyer wrote:
    My new photos uploaded no problem but today I am having problems viewing certain photos in my galleries. I loaded this gallery a few days ago and had no problem viewing the photos shortly after they loaded. BUt today, many within the gallery are not loading. I click the photo and it just ends up endlessly attempting to load. Are there still problems today? Thanks for your help!
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    Photos Not Found
    I'm getting some timeout issues and occasional "photo not found" will show up where my image should be. Is there some maintenance going on? It's 8:35 CST on May 30th. Thanks Scott
  • PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    Sheaf wrote:
    ... I'm sorry folks, we're doing our best to get this sorted out.

Thanks for this advice. I was getting a bit freaked with yesterday's new gallery being suddenly unavailable. It was fine, all present and correct a few hours ago, now even more older galleries have disappeared and the new one only shows a few of the approx 400 thumbnail images and gives a "picture can't be found" message for missing ones. Disappointing as this gallery has created the most hits plus email enquiries we have had for prices. Will we need to re-upload the ones which have disappeared or might it right itself overnight (being almost midnight Tuesday here)?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    kc7dji wrote:
    I'm getting some timeout issues and occasional "photo not found" will show up where my image should be. Is there some maintenance going on? It's 8:35 CST on May 30th. Thanks Scott
    Sorry for troubles, I will ask Wireless or Onethumb to respond, thanks
  • mediahoundmediahound Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 30, 2006
    I can't even upload at all today
    I can't even upload at all today. It simply doesn't work, I get a timeout.