SmugMug Statistics

Comments

• AcediaAcedia Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    So when ARE the Statistics going to work?
    And please - limit yourself to 1 (or less) of those stupid emoticons in the response

Really - it's my only window into the hits on my images

Don't provide me a link to an obsolete stat counter method (guess what - there isn't a way anymore to put code in a footer that I see)

Sorry to seem 'testy' but it's nearly 2 weeks

Just who speaks for smugmug here?
    Acedia
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 8, 2006
    Acedia,

Please refer to this post.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • DrRichCoxDrRichCox Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    Glad I saw this
    I was thinking that my clients unanimously decided that I suck!rolleyes1.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    Acedia wrote:

Hard to get more top than the CEO posting, is it? Onethumb is our CEO.

I'm really sorry about the stats situation, we are working on it as hard as possible. We appreciate your patience while we work through this.

No emoticons were harmed in the making of this post!
    edited June 8, 2006
    Thanks devbobo - but now I'm really pissed
    devbobo wrote:
    Acedia,

Please refer to this post.

Cheers,

David
    So 10 days after the 'database problems' are causing all our statistics to be shut down, I see this.. from a user (I guess)

Is this site being run from a Junior High School?

I got offered a link to add some 3rd party stat pack - that doesn't work because the footer code option is 'gone' now

bush
    Acedia
    edited June 8, 2006
    Acedia wrote:
    So 10 days after the 'database problems' are causing all our statistics to be shut down, I see this.. from a user (I guess)

Is this site being run from a Junior High School?

I got offered a link to add some 3rd party stat pack - that doesn't work because the footer code option is 'gone' now

bush
    Acedia, what's your smugmug site, the footer code option is not gone at all. But I can't look you up by this name so I can't find you. I'd like to help.

Please see my other post, referencing our CEO's post. And my post. We speak for the company. What's not official about that?

I'd like to help, please reply with your smugmug site name, thank you.
    edited June 8, 2006
    I'm underwhelmed
    Andy wrote:

And it took 9 days to address the issue?

Some guy in a tennis tourney has fritzed all the SM users stats?

ummn..
    Acedia
    edited June 8, 2006
    Acedia wrote:
    Andy wrote:

ummn..
    So let me OVER whelm you. What's your smugmug site name, please?
  • DrRichCoxDrRichCox Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    Are sales numbers affected by the stats KO?
    I was wondering if the sales numbers are also not being updated.
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 8, 2006
    DrRichCox wrote:
    I was wondering if the sales numbers are also not being updated.

Sales numbers are working appropriately and have been the entire time.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 8, 2006
    Acedia wrote:

We've been working furiously on the problem. We can't simply flip a switch and fix it. I've responded to your posts personally multiple times explaining why the statistics were turned off. I guess I fail to see where we took 9 days to address the issue. Remember, this is not even an official support forum. We come on here because we care. Emails to our help desk about the situation are responded to within minutes usually.

As far as the guy in the tennis tourney, he's one of the most popular sports figures in the world at the moment. He holds the world record for consecutive wins on clay courts and is building on that record every game. He might have the chance Sunday to get his second consecutive win at the French Open against the number one ranked player in the world. So his Smugmug page gets an enormous amount of traffic.

Edit: Don't get the wrong idea and blame Mr. Nadal. We certainly don't. The problem was in our database and our lack of preparation for this event. If anything, Nadal's site allows us to scale better to handle loads like the ones we have been seeing for the past two weeks.
    acedia wrote:
    Andy listed for you in another thread exactly who from Smugmug posts here. The most common ones are Onethumb, Baldy, Andy, JT, Ben and myself. I don't know that all of us "speak for Smugmug," but we all work here and are fully willing to help out in any way we can.
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited June 8, 2006
    So in the 12 months since last time..
    Sheaf wrote:
    .. If anything, Nadal's site allows us to scale better to handle loads like the ones we have been seeing for the past two weeks.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=119312&postcount=4
    onethumb wrote:
    Finally, we were significantly slower than usual over the weekend, particularly on Sunday, because Rafael Nadal won the French Open and quickly did 150+ GB of traffic through us. Yes, that's 150GB. Needless to say, the world wasn't prepared for him to win, and neither were we..

The link was a year ago - same dude, now it is worse
    Acedia
    edited June 8, 2006
    Acedia wrote:

I'm waiting to be able to help you Acedia, can you please provide your sitename on smugmug? Thanks.
    edited June 8, 2006
    No offence
    Andy wrote:
    I'm waiting to be able to help you Acedia, can you please provide your sitename on smugmug? Thanks.

But you are a little scary with that winking and blinking thing.

Are you the tech geek?
    Acedia
    edited June 8, 2006
    Acedia wrote:

Are you the tech geek?
    Acedia, I'd really like to help you. I can't do so if you don't let me know your smugmug site name.

No, I am not "the tech geek." That would be our CEO, Onethumb and his team of Wireless and JT.

Thanks.
    edited June 8, 2006
    ahhh - boingo
    turtlebud wrote:
    Which type of account do you need to install analytics or statcounter. It seems like standard accounts don't have the capability (but correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks!
    Jimmy
    Or is it 'Bingo' ! ?

I just have a 'regular' account - that is why the help page to statcounter didn't help me - I don't have the power (giggle) to add html to my footer

Thanks turtlebud
    Acedia
  • jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    once a year downtime party..
    Acedia wrote:

wow.. I guess it's a really good thing we aren't all as famous as him. We'd nuke smugmug faster than a script kiddie at a geekfest slumber party... Hmmm.. What if we all chip in and buy this guy some space on another service?

jww
    jwwWebDesign.smugmug
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 8, 2006
    Acedia wrote:

Are you the tech geek?
    no, he's just one of the most helpful and go-out-of-his-way friendly people you'll ever come across...you however seem content with standing in the corner and shouting insults.

if you want help, Andy has told you how to get it. If not, please remove the giant chip off of your shoulder and limit yourself to 1 (or less) sarcastic, smart ass remark per post.
    Pedal faster
    edited June 8, 2006
    Acedia wrote:
    Or is it 'Bingo' ! ?

I just have a 'regular' account - that is why the help page to statcounter didn't help me - I don't have the power (giggle) to add html to my footer

Thanks turtlebud
    And your site name so I can fix that? Why do you suppose I've been asking you now so many times?
    edited June 8, 2006
    let me guess..
    bigwebguy wrote:
    no, he's just one of the most helpful and go-out-of-his-way friendly people you'll ever come across...you however seem content with standing in the corner and shouting insults.

if you want help, Andy has told you how to get it. If not, please remove the giant chip off of your shoulder and limit yourself to 1 (or less) sarcastic, smart ass remark per post.

You are customer relations?

Let me get this straight - to get 'help' with the database problem caused annually by this tennis guy..

.. I need to give the winky guy my (private) smugmug pages?

ewww

I'll wait thanks
    Acedia
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 8, 2006
    Acedia wrote:
    no, i'm resident smart ass and i'm pissed you're infringing in my territory.
    Acedia wrote:
    you could just email the help desk

or you could just stay under your bridge. your choice.
    Pedal faster
    edited June 8, 2006
    Acedia wrote:

Let me get this straight - to get 'help' with the database problem caused annually by this tennis guy..

ewww

I'll wait thanks
    No, he's a SmugMug customer.

Winky guy (me) wants to help you by upgrading your account, but you are being too ill-mannered to see that. If you want the help, fine, if not, we'll concentrate on other folks.
    edited June 8, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    you could just email the help desk

lol3.gif where Winky Guy will answer the email!
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    When Tennis Season Over?
    Our spring season just ended or sort of, and our summer season is starting. Bad timming but the compitition is still counting thier views. I will have to remeber that next year. I wander how much ACEDIA charges for her private galleries? Opps did I say that out loud.
    xtnomad :wink
  • turtlebudturtlebud Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Winky guy (me) wants to help you by upgrading your account, but you are being too ill-mannered to see that. If you want the help, fine, if not, we'll concentrate on other folks.

Andy, are you offering to upgrade acedia's account for free? or just help acedia set up statcounter once (if) she upgrades? I wouldn't mind a free upgrade - I'm thinking about upgrading so I could install google analytics, but I'm deciding whether that's worth it just for stats (I don't have bandwidth problems and I don't even have a personal logo that I could use).

Just wondering.
    edited June 8, 2006
    Keep wandering
    xtnomad wrote:
    I wander how much ACEDIA charges for her private galleries? Opps did I say that out loud.
    Actually I pay to host my images at smugmug - although tonite I really learned two things - one is why they call it smugmug, and the second is when I'll find another provider

Private means jerks on the net can't find my images.

God this place isn't what I thought it was - or is it boy's nite?
    Acedia
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 8, 2006
    Andy wrote:

I would definitely move on with other folks if I were you! This one isn't deserving of a free upgraded account with that attitude. Some people's kids ...
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited June 8, 2006
    Acedia wrote:
    Actually I pay to host my images at smugmug - although tonite I really learned two things - one is why they call it smugmug, and the second is when I'll find another provider

Private means jerks on the net can't find my images.

God this place isn't what I thought it was - or is it boy's nite?

Not sure what you thought this place is, but I challenge you to go host your photos at another site, and when they have a blip in the radar, see if they offer you a free upgraded account for your troubles. Seriously, take it down a notch.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited June 8, 2006
    bygates wrote:
    Not sure what you thought this place is, but I challenge you to go host your photos at another site, and when they have a blip in the radar, see if they offer you a free upgraded account for your troubles. Seriously, take it down a notch.
    Sigh

No one offered a 'free upgraded account'

That winking guy asked me like 6 times for my smugmug account - all I wanted to know was "when will the statistics be back"

I don't want anything except what I paid for - I don't want any more insults, come ons, slurs, winks, or innuendos

I just want to know when the site will be working again

please - can't someone answer that without attacking me or rummaging through my photos?
    Acedia
    edited June 8, 2006
    Acedia wrote:
    Sigh

No one offered a 'free upgraded account'

That winking guy asked me like 6 times for my smugmug account - all I wanted to know was "when will the statistics be back"

I don't want anything except what I paid for - I don't want any more insults, come ons, slurs, winks, or innuendos

I just want to know when the site will be working again

please - can't someone answer that without attacking me or rummaging through my photos?

1. "Winky guy (me) wants to help you by upgrading your account, but you are being too ill-mannered to see that. If you want the help, fine, if not, we'll concentrate on other folks."

2. Read the first post in this thread for your answer as to when stats will be working again. It's been repeated several times.

3. When you communicate with such an attitude, you're liable to get the same thing you're dishing out in return.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign