Options

Once Again Looking For Comments

2»

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    Something is wrong, I check that galley and comments are off.
    :nono he's not referring to comments he's referring to captions, which is leaving alt-text on your images that is unprofessional-looking.
  • Options
    ExposeTheMomentExposeTheMoment Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    I think the white hover-state on some of the links needs to be changed, it's pretty much unreadable on hover. I not sure where this is in CSS, any help on location on css.

Also, i think the caption-function needs to be removed on this photo, or a caption needs to be entered:
    Ok I think I fixed this let me know
    Gary Harfield
    Owner/Photographer
    Expose The Moment

Had a list of gear, now its to long, so lets say I have 2 bags and 15,000 worth of stuff.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2006
    There's a Song by Howard Deitz - Rhode Island Is Famous For You... great song.
    2: RHODE ISLAND IS FAMOUS FOR YOU 2:44
    words by Howard Dietz; music by Arthur Schwartz
    © Chappell and Co., ASCAP

Every state has something its Rotary Club can boast of
    Some product that the state produces the most of
    Rhode Island is little, but oh my
    It has a product anyone would buy

Copper comes from Arizona, peaches come from Georgia
    And lobsters come from Maine
    The wheat fields are the sweet fields of Nebraska
    And Kansas gets bonanzas from its grain
    Old whiskey comes from old Kentucky -- ain't the country lucky
    New Jersey gives us glue
    But you, you come from Rhode Island
    And little old Rhode Island is famous for you

And cotton comes from Louisiana, gophers come from Montana
    And spuds from Idaho
    They plough land in the cow land of Missouri
    Where most beef meant for roast beef seems to grow
    Grand Canyons come from Colorado, gold comes from Nevada
    Divorces also
    But you, you come from Rhode Island
    And little old Rhode Island is famous for you

Pencils come from Pennsylvania, vests from Vest Virginia
    And tents from Tennessee
    They know mink where they grow mink in Wyoming
    But a camp chair in New Hampshire that's for me
    And minnows come from Minnesota - coats come from Dakota
    So why should you be blue
    'Cause you, you come from Rhode Island
    Don't let 'em knock Rhode Island
    It's famous for you

Do Hams come from New Hamshire?
  • Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Yeah, I'm making it up lol3.gif

Gary, it's like you don't want help from us, I don't get it.

rolleyes1.gif I actually enjoy these threads. They give me hope that I also can become a professional photographer one day even though I have no people skills.

Malte
  • Options
    ExposeTheMomentExposeTheMoment Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2006
    Malte wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif I actually enjoy these threads. They give me hope that I also can become a professional photographer one day even though I have no people skills.

Malte

Yea, my people skill are much to be desired: LMAO

Gary,

We recently had the chance to see the album you put together for Scott and Becky. What can I say but spectacular!! You did a wonderful job - thank you. I'm wondering if it would be possible to get a copy of the album you put together for the happy couple? The arrangement is wonderful, it's like telling a story of the whole day. It is obvious you put much thought and care into its arrangement.
    While we love our parent's book and everyone we show it to is impressed with the style and quality, having another would be the icing on the "wedding" cake.
    Thanks again for your professionalism and attention to detail throughout the day. Best of luck to you with your future photography. I hope you know you can use us as a reference any time.
    Pat Lambert
    Gary Harfield photographed our daughter's wedding on October 8, 2005 and we were so pleased with his work. During the event he was a quiet presence and in no way detracted or intruded on the ceremony or reception. The resulting photographs were not only beautiful but Gary captured the essence and beauty of the day as well as many special, intimate moments. Gary is highly professional and artistic as well as warm and friendly and we are pleased to recommend him without reservation.
    Melodie & Hank Foster
    South Portland, Maine
    Gary,

Thank you so much for your outstanding service and support throughout the planning for our special day. The package we chose was not only affordable, but exceeded our expectations. The pictures are absolutely amazing! Every time we show family and friends the album and DVD slideshow they are more than impressed. The pictures captured the emotions of our special day and will make us smile every time we look at them. Thanks again for everything that you did for us.
    Scott & Becky Hanson
    Dear Gary,

Thank you so much for all the beautiful wedding photographs. You were so professional and unobtrusive and we can't tell you how much we appreciate all your work. Besides the fact that your prices were so reasonable considering the high quality of your work, we were so impressed with your professionalism. You captured so many special moments and were never intrusive. You managed to get so many beautiful shots that it was difficult to pick our favorites! When you were they're, you stayed so behind he scenes (particularly during the ceremony) that it was like you were not there at all. We could not have been happier about the way our pictures came out. Thank you so very much!
    Elizabeth & James Levasseur
    Hi Gary,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for the wonderful job you did for my wedding. The pictures are beautiful. We had a great time and you catch very special moment. Please don't hesitate to use me as a reference.
    Thanks,
    Trish & Joe Edwards
    Hi Gary,

I received your phone message yesterday and I just wanted to let you know that I did receive all of the CDs and we think you did a fabulous job. I especially liked he CD that you put to music and al the songs you picked out were perfect. Whenever Darrin watches it, he cries... so that alone should tell you that you did a really good job. The pictures look really good too!!! I have already taken some of the CDs down to Brooks and had some big 8 X 10's printed and they are hanging all over my house.
    Again, thank you for doing such a good job and giving me some photos to treasure forever.
    Happy photoing!!
    Amy Lahaye
    Hi Gary,

I really liked all the albums. They came out great. I am happy with everything. Also, I meant to tell you I reviewed the video with music. I think that is really nice. It was fun to view.
    Thanks so much,
    Christa & Tim
    Dear Gary,

On behalf of Jen and myself, we wanted to thank you for the fantastic job shooting the photos for our wedding. Your package was very impressive as you shot every aspect of the ceremony and reception. We appreciate your input and suggestions on what pictures/poses to shoot. You have a great personality; it shows that you really love what you do. We are also impressed by your equipment and how well the pictures came.
    Again, thank you, for everything. We wouldn't hesitate for a moment to contact you again for a special function or refer you to a friend.

Sincerely,
    Rich & Jen Violette
    Dear Gary,

We wanted to write to thank you for the wonderful job you did at our wedding. The pictures were simply beautiful! We sent quite a few to our wedding guests and they really seemed to enjoy them. The album you put together is exactly what we wanted to remember for our special day. Again, a sincere thank you for all your efforts!
    Cheryl & John Sheehan
    Gary,
    We would like to give a big thanks to you and all your hard work. You captured the most precious moments on our wedding day and they will be treasured for a lifetime. You were always there making sure each and every moment was recorded and remembered but always making sure you were doing what made us happy. It was so helpful for us and all our family to be able to view all the pictures on your website and the CD for us to keep along with our album. You will definately be a reference from me to any future brides I may come across. You will always be remembered.
    Thanks again,
    Christopher & Alexis Harrington
    To Whom It May Concern:
    On February 21, 2004 Gary was the photographer at my wedding. I must say that I was impressed with the presentation and the manner in which he performed his duties. Gary showed up early and scoped out the church and was very attentive to every detail and made sure that all the requests that were made were granted. After the ceremony he then went to the hall and did an excellent job taking the family photos and the bridal party photos. He was very professional and made sure every detail was adhered to. With this closing I would highly recommend Expose the Moment for any photo opportunity. Not only was the service good but the finished product was even better than we expected and the value of the package was remarkable. Thank you for your time and all of your services.
    Daniel Spiridis
    Dear Gary,

The photos are beautiful. Thank you for your hard work on them. We'll treasure them.
    Thanks,
    Katie & Joe Leblanc
    Hi Gary,

I just wanted to thank you again for being the photographer at my wedding. I couldn't be happier with the pictures! You really did capture the moment and everyone has commented on how wonderful the pictures turned out! Thanks to you, I will always be able to look back and remember my wedding day. I will definitely recommend you to anyone that is looking for a photographer! Thanks again Gary!
    Michelle Howland Contreras

Dear Gary,
    I would like to take a minute and say thank you very much for making our wedding a beautiful memory by way of photographs. The pictures were so crisp and brilliant in color. Thank you for taking so many. It makes it nice to look back and see all of our guests, the table setting, the cake, garter belt scene, tossing of bouquet, etc... We would happily pass on the word of our wonderful photographer (you) and show all photographs with pride.
    Again, thank you.
    Kerry and Dean Tran
    Dear Gary,

I would like to thank you for making our wedding day much mor ememorable than we every anticipated. The photographs you took captured the moments of our wedding perfectly. Especially the pictures of our daughter they will always be cherished by everyone in both our families. You can clearly see what wonderful time all of our guests had. Thank you again Gary and we wish you plenty of success in the future.
    Sincerely,
    Betsey Rodrigues
    Dear Gary,
    I just wanted to say thank you for the beautiful wedding pictures. You did an excellent job capturing my wedding moments. I also want to thank you for all of your cooperation, especially whene things changed at the last minute. Your services went beyond the call of duty. I would recommend you to anyone, and will use your services again when needed. Thank you so much for your time and effort and excellent skill for photography.
    Melissa Margeson
    Hello Gary,

Can't thank you enough for the splendid job of photographing my wedding. I was quite pleased with all the pictures. You did a wonderful job in capturing the events I requested and much more. Several people have commented on the excellence of these pictures. I would definitely recommend you to family and friends and should I ever need a photograher again, you'll be the first I call. I would be very proud to have you display any of these pictures in you web site. Again, thanks so much.
    From a very satisfied customer,
    Susan (Morrell) O'Brien
    Gary Harfield
    Owner/Photographer
    Expose The Moment

Had a list of gear, now its to long, so lets say I have 2 bags and 15,000 worth of stuff.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2006
    Wow, Gary. Looks like you're da bomb!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 11, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Wow, Gary. Looks like you're da bomb!
    he looks like da figjam to me.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    he looks like da figjam to me.
    ahh..& here i was thinking figjam was an 0zzie thing. You clearly have it in the US also then.
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 11, 2006
    gus wrote:
    ahh..& here i was thinking figjam was an 0zzie thing. You clearly have it in the US also then.
    naw, never heard of it till one of your mates enlightened me. I'd say it was used correctly in this case though...agree?
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2006
    Yea, my people skill are much to be desired: LMAO

Gary,...

Wow. That's at least the second time you slap somone in the face with your resumé to prove a point. So I guess that proves my point.

If in fact you do have people skills, why don't you bring any to Dgrin?

Malte