SmugMug Statistics are Back!

2»

Comments

• Randy BroderickRandy Broderick Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 17, 2006
    Thank You!!
    Thank you for all your hard work getting the counter back up, and of course the work you do every day to keep the site running. You've got a great product here and it is often quite a task keeping all the squeaky wheels greased.

I'm not going anywhere!!
  • Randy BroderickRandy Broderick Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 17, 2006
    New Gallery
    I created a new gallery about a week ago and it doesn't show up on my 'More details' page where all the bar graphs are. Am i possibly doing something wrong? Will it show up next month when the stats reset? I am able to see them if i look them up under gallery tools from within the photo gallery.
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 19, 2006
    I created a new gallery about a week ago and it doesn't show up on my 'More details' page where all the bar graphs are. Am i possibly doing something wrong? Will it show up next month when the stats reset? I am able to see them if i look them up under gallery tools from within the photo gallery.

Can you give me a link to the gallery?
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • FuzzytekFuzzytek Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2006
    onethumb wrote:
    That sounds like you have 'Clean' turned in for one or more galleries in said Category and/or SubCategory.

Don

Yes - you're right. I changed upload tools and didn't realize that flag was set. Thanks!
    Stephen Boyle - Fuzzytek Photography, LLC
    Capturing and creating fashion, film, festivals around Detroit
    Wordpress-ed Fuzzytek
  • EquiessenceEquiessence Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    Thanks for your hard work! I have a little problem, though, since stats have returned -- large and original images are locked halfway up the lightbox and cannot be pulled down or viewed in full. I don't know if it's connected or coincidental. Can you tell me what's wrong?
    thx
    Kathryn Burke @ www.equiessence.ca
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    Thanks for your hard work! I have a little problem, though, since stats have returned -- large and original images are locked halfway up the lightbox and cannot be pulled down or viewed in full. I don't know if it's connected or coincidental. Can you tell me what's wrong?
    thx
    Gallery and photo link, please, and we'll look into it right away ear.gif
  • EquiessenceEquiessence Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Gallery and photo link, please, and we'll look into it right away ear.gif

Thanks, Andy! All fixed. I was going to send you a gallery link and when I checked it, the problem had been rectified.

clap.gif
    Kathryn Burke @ www.equiessence.ca
  • wtravlr1wtravlr1 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 2, 2006
    something wrong with stats again
    some of the stats on about 5 of my galleries are not working as of this morning. http://www.andrew-rabatin.net
    edited July 2, 2006
    wtravlr1 wrote:
    some of the stats on about 5 of my galleries are not working as of this morning. rolleyes1.gif
    Gallery links, please?
    Thanks
  • wtravlr1wtravlr1 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 2, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Gallery links, please?
    Thanks

came back on line, maybe just a glich, came back one by one.

andyrolleyes1.gif
  • NanaMoNanaMo Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Happy 4th of July!
    This is now July and I still do not have ANY stats and I know that others have looked at the site.....do I need to do anything or are they magically going to show up?

Thanks in advance rolleyes1.gif
    NanaMo

onethumb wrote:
    We started tracking hits again about an hour ago, and we've now started displaying those new hits. Everything's looking good - the new stats tracker is screaming along, very fast.

I'd view this as being in a 'TEST' phase right now while we make doubly-sure that all the kinks are worked out, so please post if you see any problems or issues.

Even if we have to turn them off temporarily to fix some unknown problem, we shouldn't lose the stats we've already started gathering. I don't expect to have to shut them off again, but you never know.

Read all of the (old) gory details on this thread.

Don
    edited July 4, 2006
    NanaMo wrote:
    This is now July and I still do not have ANY stats and I know that others have looked at the site.....do I need to do anything or are they magically going to show up?

Thanks in advance rolleyes1.gif
    NanaMo
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=37417 don't do anything, yet... thanks.
  • rkphillipsrkphillips Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 4, 2006
    I'm sure you've heard from others, but it's July 4th and when I access the stats, it indicates there are no hits on any of my galleries. It was working yesterday. Not a big problem for me personally, but I thought I'd post this message.

onethumb wrote:
    We started tracking hits again about an hour ago, and we've now started displaying those new hits. Everything's looking good - the new stats tracker is screaming along, very fast.

I'd view this as being in a 'TEST' phase right now while we make doubly-sure that all the kinks are worked out, so please post if you see any problems or issues.

Even if we have to turn them off temporarily to fix some unknown problem, we shouldn't lose the stats we've already started gathering. I don't expect to have to shut them off again, but you never know.

Read all of the (old) gory details on this thread.

Don
    edited July 4, 2006
    rkphillips wrote:
    I'm sure you've heard from others, but it's July 4th and when I access the stats, it indicates there are no hits on any of my galleries. It was working yesterday. Not a big problem for me personally, but I thought I'd post this message.

Thanks, we're aware of it:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=37417
    edited July 4, 2006
    Stats should be back to normal. Pls report any irregularities to us at help@smugmug.com

Thx
  • MoohakusMoohakus Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 11, 2006
    Statistics
    Would be VERY helpful if I could sort statistics by most bandwidth or most viewed overall. Can this be done?
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2006
    Moohakus wrote:
    Would be VERY helpful if I could sort statistics by most bandwidth or most viewed overall. Can this be done?
    Hi Moohakus, welcome to dgrin wave.gif

Currently this is not possible, i don't know if this will be future feature, but you can post it in the request thread if you like.

What you can do, if you are a power or pro user, get a (free) statcounter.com or google analytics account, and you will be able to view that and alot more. Look in the tutorials section (link in my signature) how to implement those.

Hope that helps.
    edited July 12, 2006
    Moohakus wrote:
    Hi Moohakus,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif

Currently those can't be done with SmugMug Statistics. But we'll take your request as a features request!
    edited August 8, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Now get the commemorative T-Shirt!

tl-SmugMug+Stats+Outage+2006.jpg

(http://www.zazzle.com/product/235131470288939454)

wave.gif, Mike! We loved the shirts you made, so much, that Baldy got some for everyone deal.gif

86745530-L.jpg

86745593-L.jpg

86745694-L.jpg
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2006
    lol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif

I wondered who bought shirts!
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
    edited August 9, 2006
    Utah didn't make the photo-op, so Thando (Dustin) made a facsimile shot :)

87056364-L.jpg
  • pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2006
    you guys are too funny, both the real pic and especially the sketch (even with rabbit ears)!
  • JcoxJcox Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2006
    I can't figure out how my gallery statistics show 600 or so hits for 2 galleries that are private. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? ne_nau.gif Thanks!!
  • SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2006
    Jcox wrote:
    I can't figure out how my gallery statistics show 600 or so hits for 2 galleries that are private. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? ne_nau.gif Thanks!!
    Do you hot link the shots to some other WEB site? Or, if you've shared the PICs with others, maybe they have passed them on?
  • JcoxJcox Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2006
    Seymore wrote:
    Do you hot link the shots to some other WEB site? Or, if you've shared the PICs with others, maybe they have passed them on?
    Hmm, i guess that would explain it. I'm guessing that if i've posted pics on a website that every time someone visits or even refreshes that page it counts as a hit. Still doesn't seem to account for the high numbers. Also, in the statistics section of the controlpanel it shows a PHOTOS VIEWED number of say 9500 but if i click on more details the number of HITs shows 18000 or so. I'm still confused. Not a big deal, thanks for the help. thumb.gif
  • Greg13thGreg13th Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited September 18, 2006
    Jcox wrote:
    Hmm, i guess that would explain it. I'm guessing that if i've posted pics on a website that every time someone visits or even refreshes that page it counts as a hit. Still doesn't seem to account for the high numbers. Also, in the statistics section of the controlpanel it shows a PHOTOS VIEWED number of say 9500 but if i click on more details the number of HITs shows 18000 or so. I'm still confused. Not a big deal, thanks for the help. thumb.gif
    HI. I have had the same question and issue for many months and have yet to get a completely understandable response. (I will say right now that part of that is on the user! NO question. Laughing.gif) Even though I am logged in, one of my locked private galleries recorded my views as hits. I don't get it. Still love SmugMug though.

I was checking this thread because there are other stat counters out there that I believe had been mentioned here before. Greg.
    Greg13th wrote:
    HI. I have had the same question and issue for many months and have yet to get a completely understandable response. (I will say right now that part of that is on the user! NO question. Laughing.gif) Even though I am logged in, one of my locked private galleries recorded my views as hits. I don't get it. Still love SmugMug though.
    your views count as hits, I wish I had a better answer for you... if I can try to explain further, do let me know!
    I was checking this thread because there are other stat counters out there that I believe had been mentioned here before. Greg.
    Yep. Google Analytics and Statcounter are two that are used widely by our power and pro customers. Both free, and we show you how to install them! See "How To" link in the navbar up on top of Dgrin page deal.gif
  • Greg13thGreg13th Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    Andy wrote:
    your views count as hits, I wish I had a better answer for you... if I can try to explain further, do let me know!

Yep. Google Analytics and Statcounter are two that are used widely by our power and pro customers. Both free, and we show you how to install them! See "How To" link in the navbar up on top of Dgrin page deal.gif

Thank you Andy. It is really easy to like you guys! Of course, now that I know my views count as hits - that means I am the only one who has been viewing my pics! Laughing.gif Many thanks. Greg. (Perhaps next time we can tackle the stats "conversion rate" thingy?)
  • jaakkohjaakkoh Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited September 25, 2006
    Greg13th wrote:
    now that I know my views count as hits - that means I am the only one who has been viewing my pics!

Hi guys,

This is something I've written a few times to the wonderful smugmug support - even ranted a bit.

I mean. I find it very impractical that sm records also my own views. It shouldn't be impossible to fix as other services have been able to do it too. .. I know, I know, it most certainly depends on various choices that have been done over the years, but still. Since sm knows my ip and it knows when I'm logged on why couldn't it just 'simply' not record the hits that occur while I'm logged on?

Am I missing something or is this really difficult? Or is it something that only a handful of users find annoying?
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2006
    jaakkoh wrote:
    Hi guys,

This is something I've written a few times to the wonderful smugmug support - even ranted a bit.

I mean. I find it very impractical that sm records also my own views. It shouldn't be impossible to fix as other services have been able to do it too. .. I know, I know, it most certainly depends on various choices that have been done over the years, but still. Since sm knows my ip and it knows when I'm logged on why couldn't it just 'simply' not record the hits that occur while I'm logged on?

Am I missing something or is this really difficult? Or is it something that only a handful of users find annoying?
    One of the problems is, that not everyone has a fixed IP.

Since you are a pwr user, why don't you use Statcounter.com? or Google Analytics? They are free, and give you a lot of options when it comes to seeing the amount of hits etc...