Options

dpreview banning SmugMug - what can we do?

13»

Comments

• Options
    marieboyermarieboyer Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    marieboyer wrote:
    Andy:
    Can I say in my signature "Get $5 off your Smugmug account," put no referral code in my signature, and then simply include my smugmug link (where my homepage has referral code)? Would that be okay? There would be no referral code in the actual signature that way?

Andy:
    I do not mean to be thick. I really don't. I guess the answer to my original question above is "yes, this is okay." So long as I do not use a referral code in my signature there, I am in compliance.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    marieboyer wrote:
    Andy:
    I do not mean to be thick. I really don't. I guess the answer to my original question above is "yes, this is okay." So long as I do not use a referral code in my signature there, I am in compliance.

Well, I can't say whether you would be in compliance or not, but I do know that you would not be honoring the spirit of what DPR is asking for. They don't want smugmug users to be pimping for smugmug. My take? You should honor that and leave the referral program out of your signature.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    marieboyermarieboyer Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Well, I can't say whether you would be in compliance or not, but I do know that you would not be honoring the spirit of what DPR is asking for. They don't want smugmug users to be pimping for smugmug. My take? You should honor that and leave the referral program out of your signature.

Thanks David. Simply put. Answers my question. I will remove even the mention of it. Much appreciated after all my searching.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    marieboyer wrote:
    Andy:
    What David said, for sure.
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2006
    Wow, as a forum owner and administrator, this whole thing shocks me. You can't get mad at the beneficiary of broken rules because you didn't enforce (or create) rules that enacted your wishes. rolleyes1.gif

I've posted a sig (accidently) that I wasn't supposed to on a site--and the site admin removed it. That's what we do, administer and keep order in accordance with the rules. If there wasn't enough staff to take care of changing 900 signatures, then there's a bigger problem right there.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!