Chal 70: Blk and white?

2»

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    http://upacreekPHOTOGRAPHY.smugmug.com/gallery/1714594/1/84536151

I put all of the photos involved in this thread into that gallery. You can go there and check on the exif.

Bill's camera is not accurate on the date, even though it is a studio owned camera. I was using his camera.

I think it is one day ahead, so no matter, the exif will say the photos were all shot within the time period. I have a lot going on, so I have not checked each photo to see what it says, so I don't know if the dates are going to show up as the dates the photos were taken, or the dates they were worked up.

The truth of the matter is that all the photos of the children and the one of the man, some, or all, used in the black and white collage, they were all taken this past Tuesday, July 25. The boat photos, they were both taken Wed July 26th.

thank you,

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    My feelings are still the same. Original boat- stand alone.

The comparison of low tide vs high tide is not the exact same shot therefore not giving me much feeling. The high tide boat is farther away and has less detail - that is why I say stand alone.

The second version with "more pop" looks too photoshop for me. The first seems more natural and more realistic. Once again just my preference.

Aaron
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
    edited July 28, 2006
    Frame or no frame:

84261476-L.jpg

84261472-L.jpg
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 28, 2006
    I agree with anwmn1.
    edited July 28, 2006
    I just put it on the challenge w/o the frame. Of course, I can change it any time. That, or the two boats, they are my favorite (s).

I called it Real/Surreal, Charleston Harbor

I may shorten the name. All along I have been saying that it looks surreal to me. It occured to me that I could just contrast the two. The boat is obviously real, and it makes sense, where it is does not. Nor does it look like a harbor.

So

Real/Surreal
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    For what it's worth, Ginger, I liked the "pre-popped" version best. I am use to your subtleness in your work and I think it's gorgeous. thumb.gif
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Annoyed big time!!!!

read the rules.

you don't know me and I don't know you,

but I am not insulting you!

I feel insulted!

ginger

I don't understand what you talking about.
    I am lazy and rarelly read the dam manuals ...
    Yes. Not your fault. Mine.
    thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Bell RingerBell Ringer Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    Ginger, I absolutely love your composite shot. It meets the meaning of 'contrast' in my view. Great work.clap.gif
    Rudynikon
  • JCDossJCDoss Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    There was a suggestion that the boats might need more pop. So, the top boat is the original two boat photos together, and the bottom photo is the "popped" version.

I would appreciate the feedback on that.

Hey Ginger, I like the "high tide" shot from the top composite with the "low tide" shot from the bottom composite.
    edited July 28, 2006
    Can I ask for a break in the rules and enter two shots?

ginger

I mean two entries?

Frustrated
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    English a second language thing Ginger. Trust me I know this one, have 2 friends from euro who sound very blunt and they don't really mean it that way. I had my feelings hurt many times until I realized the difficulty of using "soft" american words, which isn't taught.

I like both, and like the enhanced versions. Hard decision to make, maybe the B/W [personal preference anyway]
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Annoyed big time!!!!

read the rules.

you don't know me and I don't know you,

but I am not insulting you!

I feel insulted!

ginger
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2006
    Netgarden wrote:
    English a second language thing Ginger. Trust me I know this one, have 2 friends from euro who sound very blunt and they don't really mean it that way. I had my feelings hurt many times until I realized the difficulty of using "soft" american words, which isn't taught.

I like both, and like the enhanced versions. Hard decision to make, maybe the B/W [personal preference anyway]
    Thank you.
    It is true. You are right.
    Besides the language there is the culture, the social status, the caracter of the person etc.
    I have a dirty caracter. I am Scorpion and most of them are spontaneous people.
    I still am after 57 years. But on the other way it's nice to have a part of child ...

My wife and I we speak, besides our native language, french and english.
    I do speak french very well with no accent and very quickly.
    Once, I said something like go away to someone. That's the kind of things to say to dogs.
    The french did not offend because they understood it was a very subtile sense
    Everything was OK and we had a laught on that. :):
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 29, 2006
    Ginger, you have multiple options. All of them good. Be happy.
    edited July 29, 2006
    truth wrote:
    Ginger, you have multiple options. All of them good. Be happy.

Well, whatever I do today, and where ever I go, I will be very careful NOT to take a photo of anything "contrasty". I could not take having a third option, not unless it was better than...................????? Not that my others are that good, but we like them, and they are acceptable. I seem to see contrast in a lot of things, smile.

I love irony, if that is the correct word, and the correct spelling. Not exactly contrast, but close enough. I like to laugh, do double takes, etc.

lol3.gif

Thanks, Truth,

ginger
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2006
    I love the pic of the people Ginger clap.gifclapclap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii