Natwest Pro 40 Derbyshire V Surrey (Cricket)

2»

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 1, 2006
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Nice work Gary! I don't know much about cricket, but I thought the field was round, with the action a long way from the spectators. Good framing and expressions you got.thumb.gif

How far is it to the boundary? You get 6 runs for clearing the boundary on the fly, right? For baseball, that would be 100-125 meters, depending on the ballpark.

DJ,

The field is oval, with the pitch located in the centre. So some boundaries are longer than others, ie. a boundary hit directly down the pitch, is longer than playing a stroke to the left or right of the pitch.

Grounds can also vary significantly in size, but i am not quite sure of the actual distances.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Gary,

Sorry to cr@p on your thread.

Great photos. Looks like the county season is getting underway.

Cheers,

David

No problemthumb.gif
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2006
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Nice work Gary! I don't know much about cricket, but I thought the field was round, with the action a long way from the spectators. Good framing and expressions you got.thumb.gif

How far is it to the boundary? You get 6 runs for clearing the boundary on the fly, right? For baseball, that would be 100-125 meters, depending on the ballpark.

Thanks DJ
    I don,t think it is as far as baseball, it changes from pitch to pitch depending on how much room there is for most shots i used 300mmF4 + 1.4x