Options

Ever lost a lens? I did!

2»

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    Stustaff wrote:
    When did they repair your flash? if it is within 12 months of the flash repair and id the same problem they should fix it for free! most repairs themselves are guarenteed for 12 months.

OHHHHH, thanks, yes, it was late last fall or dec 2005.

I have still not called them. I have to coordinate my husband being here when I make the call. And I am so upset with them. Also with school starting I don't think I will have as much access to my husbands' camera (he is a school photographer and uses it for candids). Plus, I don't use that flash much, and I am so angry at them..........it is so frustrating to wait for their e-mail. To say the least of being w/o the camera and the whole process.

But if it is still covered as to either when they fixed the shutter, which was a major overhaul, or to the original problem with the flash, it does mean that I should call as soon as my husband is home again.

Jane, if you are reading this, I have put in for a Captel phone from the state. I am waiting to hear if/when they get permission to distribute them.
    For the hard of hearing, for everyone who wonders why I put that in.

Thanks for the info,

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2006
    Oh Ginger, I'm so sorry to hear about your lens. Maybe the person who found it has no use for it and is just wondering how to get it back to you. Check the concessions around the dock to see if anyone turned it in. For sure, put up a sign. My stomach did a lurch when I read your post. I would be sick if I lost one of mine.

One time I set my camera bag down with only the flash inside. I stepped a few feet away to take some shots. It was in a busy shopping mall and lots of people were walking by. When I came back to the spot it was gone. I was sick. It was a new bag but the flash was not too expensive.

I lost an expensive ring once. I thought it had fallen off my hand while walking on the beach. I was sick about it for months. Then I found it. I had taken it off in the kitchen and it ended up in cup full of pens and pencills. Don't know how it got there. It was 5 months later. I'm so glad I found it.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog