Options

Show us your mug! Introduce yourself here.

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    10272025-S.jpg
    tmlphoto wrote:
    Here is a shot of me and my clan. Y'all may recognize some of the kids. They tend to be my "test" models. This was my first attempt at a beach family portrait. Pretty tough to set up with all those kids :D . This is actually a composite of two photos because I couldn't get one with the whole gang actually looking at the camera.

"The Gang"
    this is a really lovely family portrait Thomas... you did very well indeed!!!!
  • Options
    Squeaky_CleanSqueaky_Clean Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    Me!!
    heres a pic i took of myself...not as easy as it may look. i'm a fan of the soft look but did i over-do it on this one? feedback is welcome

DSCN5627.jpg
    :wink oh you know you love me...::(*{<~Squeak~>}*)::.
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    While shopping for household stuff in Japan...
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    RomanMRomanM Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 24, 2004
    With a cat in Tallin :D

9375831-M.jpg
  • Options
    mynakedsodamynakedsoda Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2004
    heres a pic i took of myself...not as easy as it may look. i'm a fan of the soft look but did i over-do it on this one? feedback is welcome

DSCN5627.jpg
    Concerning the soft look, I like it. Not always but in this case I do. You are quite pretty. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2004
    A Couple Self Portraits from today..
    Let me know what you think. These are the only self portraits I have taken in like 10 years... not counting taking someone elses camera and taking a quick shot of my face to surprise them. Let me know what you think.

10512225-L.jpg

10512241-L.jpg

Sometimes I dont like how detailed the images are ot of the SD9. It shows EVERYTHING if you get a sharp image..rolleyes1.gif
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2004
    Let me know what you think. These are the only self portraits I have taken in like 10 years... not counting taking someone elses camera and taking a quick shot of my face to surprise them. Let me know what you think.

10512225-L.jpg

Sometimes I dont like how detailed the images are ot of the SD9. It shows EVERYTHING if you get a sharp image..rolleyes1.gif
    I really like this one, as I think it perhaps says more about who you are. The B&W really works and the uniform is... well, You.
    Nice picture, I like the DOF too, to me this shot says something about the Armed Forces/War/ the world we live in.... the expression on your face works well with the style of photo too.
    This is a great shot..... where were you at the time of the photograph (whats the background scene)?
    thumb.gif
    :roflhappily snapping
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2004
    Thanks Happy.. I was sitting on the ledge of the roof of the building i live in with the camera sitting on top of some weights from the gym on the roof and aimed up using a cable release. The background is one of the lakes on the palace complex the base I live on encompasses. There are three lakes on the complex. Im glad you liked it.. This was my favorite from today also.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2004
    Hi, Mike. I like your self photos, the one in blk and white looking down best.

The shots you posted, I like the barbed wire, but the other shot doesn't grab me like some of your other stuff. Then again, I am not knowledgeable nor interested in planes, much, smile.

Am in some kind of trance from working with a moon and two photos since I woke up at noon.

I put them on my Challenge thread, if you want,:D to go look at them.

I would sure hate to ask for another poll, or opinion, though why not, I don't know. But I would sure like to put one in the Challenge. Somehow I think I should stick with the "green" shot of the marsh and cat tail..........
    That seems so long ago in my world of photography, smile. I have even been to DC and back.

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2004
    Contrasty Self Portrait
    Here is a self portrait I took tonight. I now have two monolights. The setup here is one softbox and one umbrella reflector. I'm not fond of self portraits, but I couldn't find any other subjects.

10522124-M.jpg
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2004
    That is a good photo of you, Thomas. (Wouldn't know what a bad one would look like, though), smile.

I always said that I took so many photos of myself, because I was always with me. Haven't taken as many lately. Not that I have not been with me anymore, just don't look as good, or something.

g

I did get a really good photo on my Deers Card (med insurance, my husband is retired navy). Got the card on Monday, when I went to get it the first time, I washed my hair, thought of what to wear to be photographed, etc. Couldn't get the card, paperwork, so we had to go back to get it Monday, I was a mess.
    What I did, I put lipstick on, for women, and messed my hair up. It is so mussed it looks good..............and it was terrible. Best photo I have had taken in years.

Unless you have raised your prices Thomas, it would be fun to see your set up and get my photo taken, smile. Again.
  • Options
    nadinadi Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited November 14, 2004
    I've been taking a few self portraits lately, mainly cause I want to play with lighting etc but very few people I know are willing to have their photo taken. I always find that in photos of myself I want to go real extreme with photoshop, compared to the natural way I like to leave others. I think its because in photographing other people I want to show something beautiful about them, whereas in photographing myself I want to show something about how I feel.

11260144-M.jpg
    The careful man tries to dodge the bullets.... while the happy man takes a walk.
    Mark Oliver Everett
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2004
    nadi wrote:
    I've been taking a few self portraits lately, mainly cause I want to play with lighting etc but very few people I know are willing to have their photo taken. I always find that in photos of myself I want to go real extreme with photoshop, compared to the natural way I like to leave others. I think its because in photographing other people I want to show something beautiful about them, whereas in photographing myself I want to show something about how I feel.

Can you share some more Nadi? It is hard to comment on just one pic...
    Something you feel can be beautiful too. It is not one OR the other...
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2004
    Self Portrait ginger
    11300538-L.jpg

Took just a moment ago. The Corgi Calendar from last year is behind me. I tried to make rabbit ears.........

ginger (I used the healing brush, hehe,) Could have used more.
  • Options
    nadinadi Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    True....
    photocat wrote:
    Can you share some more Nadi? It is hard to comment on just one pic...
    Something you feel can be beautiful too. It is not one OR the other...
    Something you feel can be beautiful, sometimes in a way that is pleasant, and sometimes not.

11413780-S.jpg

11260146-S.jpg

And a more positive one:

11413779-M.jpg
    The careful man tries to dodge the bullets.... while the happy man takes a walk.
    Mark Oliver Everett
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2004
    nadi wrote:
    Something you feel can be beautiful, sometimes in a way that is pleasant, and sometimes not.

Yes, I see what you mean. You are right.
    I like the one where you have four face in your hands. Contemplating...
    The last one looks really wonderful. Showing a bit of your beautiful women curves, just enough, not too much or too little.
    Great self portrait!!!
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    That's me on the right. :D My better half, Hilary on my side.
    No watch on my wrist is a dead give away that I was on vacation.

2480714-M.jpg

My first self portrait attempt. This was 2 years back, pre-digital.
    Took it with a Canon Rebel G-II. I had no idea what I was doing, but they came out okay.

2480658-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2004
    dugmar wrote:
    That's me on the right. :D My better half, Hilary on my side.
    No watch on my wrist is a dead give away that I was on vacation.

There is no mistake possible that you are on the right. You two look great together. Both portraits are very nice. I still have to venture into that area. Greats shots...
  • Options
    bikehikerbikehiker Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    My wife of 1 month to the day, took this while we were taking a walk this fall.
    8100452-S.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2004
    Another one of us from this fall. We were laughing pretty hard as I was running to try to beat the self-timer.

9651862-M.jpg
  • Options
    Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    That is a really lovely shot of you and your wife! Nice couple!
    I love the autumn colours in the back ground thumb.gif Definately one to print and display!

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2004

10512225-L.jpg

10512241-L.jpg

Good photos lieutenant. I espesially like the jump wings, brings back memories.

Take care,

Sam
  • Options
    Rigoleto4Rigoleto4 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited November 16, 2004
    ????
    Heres me...relaxin in the car
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2004
    Awesome
  • Options
    hutchmanhutchman Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    Please, let me introduce myself. I am Hutch.

There is nothing to be afraid of, this was caused by working in a nuclear power plant and is not contagious.

2729699-M.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to all dgrinners!

Hutch
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2004
    Rigoleto4 wrote:
    Heres me...relaxin in the car
    I really like this shot, although I jumped when it opened up! scary!
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2004
    Me relaxing by the pool
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2004
  • Options
    MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2004
    I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way...
    Yeah Right! I'm Evil, baby! Evil! ylsuper.gif

Aside from that, here is the beautiful work of art that a Sidewalk artist drew for me.
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2004
    Yeah Right! I'm Evil, baby! Evil! ylsuper.gif

Aside from that, here is the beautiful work of art that a Sidewalk artist drew for me.

You remind me of MiniMe somehow... Nice portrait!