Options

Show us your mug! Introduce yourself here.

1555657585961»

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2011
    Hello, Photographers!

My name is Scott Ungerecht and I'm a digital photographer who lives in Baker City, Oregon (but, I was born in Anchorage, Alaska). I'm also brand new to the SmugMug community!

I'm currently a 14-day trial member of SmugMug, but I plan on paying for a "Power Membership" in the next few days. If you want to see my images, you can visit my website at http://www.scottuimages.smugmug.com.

I also discovered the Digital Grin forum on Google and I wanted to introduce myself. I've been taking digital pictures since 2004, but I've never sold anything before. I'm also a self-taught photographer.

The reason I joined SmugMug is because I wanted a great place to show my photos online. I spent months searching for the right home, and I finally chose SmugMug. I really like SmugMug's excellent hosting features and their theft-protection features for my images. It is a very cool place!

The reason I joined the Digital Grin forum is because I'm looking for mentors and feedback from professional photographers who actually earn a full-time living selling their pictures by using SmugMug hosting services. I would love to do the same thing, too, and I'm hoping this is the right place to find great advice from professional photographers.

In addition, I plan to be an active participant in the Digital Grin forum by reading and posting my supportive comments where they are appropriate. If you want to see my mug, just visit my profile page on this forum, or please visit my website address above.

Also, please feel free to contact me anytime by email. My email address is scottu21072 [at] gmail.com. Thanks!

Welcome, Scott! Sounds good, looking forward to you being an active member! You posted in the "Show us your mug" thread. That means you need to post a picture of yourself! deal.gif Or not, we have been known to let it slide! lol3.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    tkerrtkerr Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    New Here, My Name is Tim, from eastern North Carolina and photography is one of my favorite Hobbies.
    This is a picture of me with some of my photography equipment for one of my other hobbies.
    telescopes0079av.jpg
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,909 moderator
    edited June 9, 2011
    Welcome Tim!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    jfslater98jfslater98 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2011
    Dsc_0001
    Hi everyone,

My DMC-TZ5 was frustrating me, and when my wife's Kodak died, I decided to jump into the DSLR world. So I picked up a D50 from a pawn shop (via ebay), switched it to Auto, and here was my very first effort:

DSC_0001.JPG

Taking bad pictures, but having fun. Looking forward to improving.
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2011
    jfslater98 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Welcome aboard!
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2011
    Hi everyone,

That'll be fun to watch! Welcome. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2011
    Hi, I'm Carter. Been Smugging the past few years, Dgrinning almost as long, always enjoying the skills, tips, and input so freely shared. I'm shooting a Canon digital rebel XTi, with kit 18-55 IS and 55-250 IS, along with my party favorite 50 1.8!!!
    803979085_kbKuN-S.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2011
    CCoop wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Carter. Been Smugging the past few years, Dgrinning almost as long, always enjoying the skills, tips, and input so freely shared. I'm shooting a Canon digital rebel XTi, with kit 18-55 IS and 55-250 IS, along with my party favorite 50 1.8!!!
    803979085_kbKuN-S.jpg

Nice mug!
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    blackbulletblackbullet Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2011
    My name is Jerico Gallares who lives in Auckland City, New Zealand (but, I was born in Manila, Philippines). im also new to Smugmug community! :D
    I'm currently a 14-day trial member of SmugMug, If you want to see my images, you can visit my website at http://www.jericogallares.smugmug.com.
    i'm also planning to be active here in dgrin and smugmug as much as possilble..
    also, please feel free to contact me by email at black_bullet61 @ yahoo. com.
    and this is me!
    5918139911_af80d1af89.jpg
    Nikon D90, Sigma 70-300mm, Nikon 50mm F1.8D, Nikon 35-70mm
    I am Jerico, 14 years young, from NZ. My life revolves around Photography.
    Follow me on Twitter | Add me on Facebook
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2011
    Very nice collection on your site! Keep it up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2011
    My name is Jerico Gallares who lives in Auckland City, New Zealand (but, I was born in Manila, Philippines). im also new to Smugmug community! :D
    I'm currently a 14-day trial member of SmugMug, If you want to see my images, you can visit my website at http://www.jericogallares.smugmug.com.
    i'm also planning to be active here in dgrin and smugmug as much as possilble..
    also, please feel free to contact me by email at black_bullet61 @ yahoo. com.
    and this is me!
    5918139911_af80d1af89.jpg

Awesome eye you have there! Check your email for a SmugMug gift from me. Keep it up, and welcome to Dgrin! clap.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    kathiemtkathiemt Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2011
    Hey everyone, I'm an Aussie and I live in the beautiful Dandenong Ranges, around 50km east of Melbourne. I'm new here to Smugmug. I'd known about it for a long time but kept dismissing it - mainly because I thought those buying from me would be in Australia and I didn't want to subject them overseas freight and currency. But, it seems, that it's tourists instead and I've rethought things. I opened a trial account on Saturday and paid for the account on Sunday after playing with the system a bit. I wonder if that's the shortest trial on record? My passion is nature and landscapes - I live in a beautiful area that draws many tourists all year round. I set this shot up January last year after my husband and I had settled into our new home and office. Looking forward to getting to know others here.

I use a Nikon D90 and accessories after having used many other different cameras over the years.

4537692136_4529e55513_m_d.jpg
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,922 moderator
    edited July 13, 2011
    Welcome, Kathie wave.gif.
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2011
    Thought I would pop in
    Howdy gang,
    So this is the place huh? Well all-righty then... First let me say it's good to be here.
    <b>I haven't been part of a forum since I got out of rehab for being in forums a few years ago... They came and took me away :s85
    I'm out here in Saint George, Utah... you know... Zion National Park...
    <b>I'm a Vegas boy who moved to Utah a few years ago for the
    <b>fly-fishing and the big haired girls... the fly-fishing has been very good to me. wings.gif
    <b>The girls... yeah, got me one of them :whip :saurora and she's a peach.bowdown.gifgiggle
    I was a Naval... not a (navel) photographer for 6 years in the finest Navy in the world,
    <b>and that's the U.S. Navy for those in the U.K. :ivar
    <b>blah blah blah... enough about me... Say hi sometime
    3315291396_5d1f96438a_m.jpg
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2011
    This is my favorite self portrait
    Hi everyone,

My DMC-TZ5 was frustrating me, and when my wife's Kodak died, I decided to jump into the DSLR world. So I picked up a D50 from a pawn shop (via ebay), switched it to Auto, and here was my very first effort:

DSC_0001.JPG

Thanks for having the sense of humor and guts to show off your 1st self portrait with your new cam... It really made my day.wings.gif ... love it...
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    Therese MarieTherese Marie Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 15, 2011
    here I am. Pro photographer for 6 yrs. I specialize in children, families and seniors.Live in sunny Southern California :)
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2011
    Welcome all.
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2011
  • Options
    keithlmkeithlm Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2011
    This be my mug
    I started shooting film in the early 80's. Worked as asst Mgr at an Inkley's Photo in Layton Utah. (Now Wolfe Camera. Or Ritz. Or somthing.)

I avoided digital until recently. On a long trip last fall my schoolteacher wife said: "These little (p&s) cameras don't do what I want... I need a REAL camera for school and for shooting concerts." I replied: "I can take care of that." We got home from the trip.. and I had a $2000.00 unexpected bonus from work on my paycheck. Syncronicity.

Anyway:: Hide the children. Here is my mug.

i-VMjbhDn-L.jpg
  • Options
    295th295th Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 20, 2011
    My Name is Robert Paulson (Just Kidding! :--) Laughing.gif
    Hi, my name is Mike Rockett. It's good to be on this web site with fellow SmugMuggers! Have a great week ya'll!

338850096_zFnoj-M.jpg
  • Options
    Just shoot itJust shoot it Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 20, 2011
    Hello fellow photo addicts!
    Attachment not found.
    "My name is Niki and I'm a photoaholic"

I have been in love with cameras and photography since 1986 when I was a junior in high school. I can still smell the B&W lab.

I love to take pictures...it's that simple. It fills something inside of me that nothing else can. I will taking pictures of the life around me until the day I can't lift the camera to my face. (But by then there should be an amazing hands-free camera out there..helmet style maybe?)

If you get a chance, visit my smugmug page or find me on FB @ "lifelensphoto by Niki Pinney"
    I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's creative visions.

Remember: Just shoot it!
    :ivar
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2011
    Keith, [strike]Robert[/strike] Mike and Niki,

Welcome, and thanks for sharing your mugs with us!
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2011
    What's your URL Niki for your smugmug page? And welcome to all the newbies since I joined. Which wasn't that long ago.
  • Options
    ColleenGColleenG Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 23, 2011
    Hello!!!
    Hey everyone – I just joined this forum today (even though I’ve been with Smugmug for many years now), so am just getting started figuring things out. Here’s a pic of me to say “Hello!” Feel free to friend me on Facebook (in your friend request, please let me know how you found me, such as via the Dgrin Forum) or check out my site - the details should be in my autosignature. I’m looking forward to learning more about and participating in this Forum – it looks pretty cool. See ya around the Forum! Colleen ☺

GriffithSelfPortrait-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2011
    HI Colleen and welcome. I'm a newbie to smugmug and dgrin and have been hanging around a lot for the past couple of weeks. Starting to get the hang of things.
  • Options
    ColleenGColleenG Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 25, 2011
    kathiemt wrote: »
    HI Colleen and welcome. I'm a newbie to smugmug and dgrin and have been hanging around a lot for the past couple of weeks. Starting to get the hang of things.

Thanks Kathie! So nice to meet you. Lovely website by the way. :)
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2011
    Thanks for popping by my site. I appreciate it.