Options

Show us your mug! Introduce yourself here.

Comments

• Options
    DigitalDivaGmaDigitalDivaGma Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 20, 2010
    Newbie here
    I am so looking forward to learning ....... am not a professional by any means - but love taking Photos and creating with them. Have many passions that involve photography coupled with family history, and preserving memories and the stories behind the Photos....
    I hope I am posting this correctly......
  • Options
    asp87asp87 Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited May 25, 2010
    hey all, i'm new here but have a lot of time on jeep and motorcycle forums.

my equipment is:

Nikon D60 with split image focusing screen
    18-55mm VR f/3.5-5.6
    55-200mm VR f/4-5.6
    50mm f/1.8
    SB-600
    cheapo tripod

I've had most of my gear since november when i bought it in anticipation for my trip to Ireland.
    Anthony
    Nikon D60, 18-55mm VR f/3.5-5.6, 35mm f/1.8, 70-300mm VRII f/4.5-5.6, Panagor 90mm f/2.8 1:1, SB-600, 68mm Kenko extension tubes
    Flickr
  • Options
    dwingedwinge Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 26, 2010
    medium.jpg
  • Options
    Captain TurnipCaptain Turnip Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Hello from Philly everyone.

782390478_JwPKd-XL.jpg
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2010
    Introducing myself
    Richard wrote: »
    Welcome all. clap.gif

I am Jenn from Tulsa, Oklahoma. I'm a webmaster, avid photographer, and I love to edit images just for the fun of it. I recently found this group and thought I'd join and have some fun with everyone else who loves photography and image editing.

I took this photo of myself and put an angled stroke effect on it.

jd062509-angeledstrokes.jpg
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    rantomirantomi Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2010
    fresh
    Hi! Looking forward to see how I fit in.

I'm not full-pro by any means but I do shoot some paid gigs. I'm more preferably considered as a all around visual digital artist as I get my butter and bread from working for game industry as a technical artist, 3d-artist etc. I love abandoned places that tell stories, textures, grunge and so on but on the other hand I shoot a lot of people and on occasion enjoy a lot taking some sleek and colorful, happy stuff. Always trying to bend my skills on things I still haven't done. =D But enough of a introduction... and as appropriate as it gets for a first post in this thread... self-portrait:

_big.jpg

P.S. from northern Europe if anyone wonders.
    Lauri Mäki
    Gallery
    Blag
  • Options
    anna bananaanna banana Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 9, 2010
    Aloha friends!
    I'm writing from the tropical island of Maui. My husband and I bought our one way tickets, sold/donated/tossed most of our possessions and made the big move. It's been 3 years living on the island and we're loving every moment of it. I am originally from Minnesota (the frozen tundra)--I find the winters are milder here.

I'll be leading the SmugMug group on Maui!
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2010
    I'm writing from the tropical island of Maui. My husband and I bought our one way tickets, sold/donated/tossed most of our possessions and made the big move. It's been 3 years living on the island and we're loving every moment of it. I am originally from Minnesota (the frozen tundra)--I find the winters are milder here.

It sounds like a great life there in Maui. I haven't been there. What's it like? How is the job market there? :D
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    Alfdude1Alfdude1 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited July 11, 2010
    Photography on two- wheels
    I am an avid motorcycle rider (640,000 miles since 1986) and a professional amateur photographer. I am in the process of starting a business in photography. I mainly shoot landscape and love lighthouses.

Mike:ivar
  • Options
    Alfdude1Alfdude1 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited July 11, 2010
    Two wheels and a camera
    I live on motorcycles (640,000 miles since 1986 and still goin') I love photography, especially lighthouses,
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited July 12, 2010
    Welcome Anna Banana & Alfdude!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    XmetalXmetal Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 13, 2010
    IMG_3287web.jpg

I'd be Ian. :)

Canon user
    Aussie fella - Newcastle to be exact.
    Weddings, Portraits, Automotive, Events and anything else that I can shoot at. :)
    Downhill Mountain biker

...Ask me questions if need be. :)
    Ian
    Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II + other bits :devbobo
    Xmetal Photography
  • Options
    GinGinGinGin Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 14, 2010
    Hello all. I am an amateur photographer looking to learn tips to improve my work! :photo
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2010
    Love the picture!
    beer.gif
    Umbro wrote: »
    Just goes to show cameras and alchohol don''t mix.
    Courtesy of my brother-in-law Dave.
    In my defense i was bo*$&xed lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2010
    Your work is great!
    clap.gif
    ReitzPhoto wrote: »
    HI!!! I'm Jackie! I'm a 22 y/o family and child photographer in Santa Rosa, California!
    Here's me:
    211412206_6e3af813aa.jpg

and here's my site:

www.reitzphotography.com

I'm a nikon girl and I am not affraid to admit that i sleep with my d200 next to my bed :)
  • Options
    lalaladidalalaladida Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited July 16, 2010
    Hi, i'm Casey, i'm 24, from Australia. i love different styles but my fav is people photography...not too keen on posting a photo of me but wanted to say hi :)
    Oh and i am a beginner photographer, bye from Casey.
  • Options
    Te AmoTe Amo Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited July 16, 2010

hi from next door

4692020442_f06e271593.jpg

Name: Chuco

wedding/portrait photographer based out of hawaii. i also do event coverage and a few other things.
  • Options
    nfsweetpeanfsweetpea Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 19, 2010
    Hi im new here and im trying to get the hang of all this. I really enjoy smug mug and want to continue with it but im just so confused all the time lol lol....well hope to talk to you all soon!
  • Options
    nfsweetpeanfsweetpea Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 19, 2010
    GinGin wrote: »
    clap.gif

your website it amazing did you do it yourself or get help with it? you do beautiful work!
  • Options
    Twilight ErrorTwilight Error Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    An introduction of sorts...
    Hi All!

I'm a voluntary refugee from one of Baldy's other forums (if you're listening Baldy, I want you to know that was the best organized chaos I've ever participated in. Thanks for the opportunity), so some of you may recognize the avatar, screen name and sense of humor.

Anyhow, photography is one of my loves, it is something I've been passionate about for the better part of 20 years. I don't have fancy gear, just a P&S that I take everywhere but work and a Smugmug account. I want to become a better photographer, I want to be able to justify more gear - who wouldn't - I'd like to be a member of this community. I have nothing to offer but my desire to learn.
    The time for action has passed, now is the time for mindless panic!
  • Options
    paparosspapaross Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    Could one of you guys tell me how to post my picture under the "resume" in the upper left hand corner of the post. I have upload my picture to my "site", but it doesn't appear. What am I missing?
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited July 29, 2010
    Welcome all. wave.gif
    papaross wrote: »
    Could one of you guys tell me how to post my picture under the "resume" in the upper left hand corner of the post. I have upload my picture to my "site", but it doesn't appear. What am I missing?

I can see your avatar on this post, so I gather you worked it out. thumb.gif
  • Options
    paparosspapaross Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    Welcome all. wave.gif

I can see your avatar on this post, so I gather you worked it out. thumb.gif

I did. Thanks anyway for the quick response. But now I'm trying to figure out how to show my location. I show it on my control panel and don't see anywhere that I might be hiding it.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited July 29, 2010
    papaross wrote: »
    I did. Thanks anyway for the quick response. But now I'm trying to figure out how to show my location. I show it on my control panel and don't see anywhere that I might be hiding it.
    Hmm...I thought that bug was fixed headscratch.gif

Try putting something into all of the profile fields. You can just use a space if you don't want to share that information.
  • Options
    Wisconsin PhotogirlWisconsin Photogirl Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited July 29, 2010
    Hi everyone,
    I just joined today. I needed an outlet for posting my pictures as well as to offer/recieve critiques of my work. At this point I just have a Kodak Easyshare C913, but I have taken amazing photos with it. I believe to a degree the expense of the equipment does not a great photographer make, technique is also very important, and seeing a picture in your mind before taking it. I live in Madison, WI and love to take pictures at community festivals and at the many natural areas in my beaitiful state. This picture is one of my favorites taken this year at Devil's Lake State Park in April.

enchantedforest.jpg
  • Options
    Wisconsin PhotogirlWisconsin Photogirl Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited July 29, 2010
    I forgot to add my self-portrait taken in April.Laurie2010640.jpg
  • Options
    jlojedajlojeda Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 6, 2010
    Hello
    Hello, I am Jose Luis Ojeda (Spain).
    My profession is the one of restoration of art and wildlife photographer. I request excuses to them by my English, I am using the translator. I leave my direction them in case it interests to them:
    http://www.jlojeda.com
    I hope to learn much of you. A greeting
  • Options
    Ray FRay F Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    Hi My name is Raymond Francois from the Netherlands. I have been lurking around here quite some time and i do have a smugmug account. here's my mug :D

843904676_jsLhf-O-1.jpg

Best,

Raymond
    Raymond

My site
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2010
    Hii..
    Raymond, Ojeda, Photogirl, jlojeda, papaross, richard, twilight, sweetpea, Te Amo, gingin, xmetal, ian, and alfdude!! (sorry if I missed someone new!)

Nice to meet everyone.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    matteeannematteeanne Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 6, 2010
    544144529_8MBUR-M.jpg