99112720-M.jpg
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2006
    99103865-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2006
    OI VEY !!! you try drawing a cartoon angler fish !!

Or maybe.."we didnt invent presentation..but we learnt from the experts"

99092136-M.jpg
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2006
    gus wrote:
    OI VEY !!! you try drawing a cartoon angler fish !!

99092136-M.jpg

Gus, I think you've at least secured that copy of CS2! These are hilarious, and I would buy a lot of them...

-Matt-
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2006
    Gus, I think you've at least secured that copy of CS2! These are hilarious, and I would buy a lot of them...

-Matt-
    Tks matt im actually doing them on CS2. My family is interstate for a week or 2 thus i have a little time on my hands. Subway wrappers 6" deep about the joint & im in my 4th day of underpants only.
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2006
    gus wrote:
    im in my 4th day of underpants only.
    Crikey. I wonder how they might look with a monogrammed sideways D and colon. Do we have a template?
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2006
    gus wrote:
    Tks matt im actually doing them on CS2. My family is interstate for a week or 2 thus i have a little time on my hands. Subway wrappers 6" deep about the joint & im in my 4th day of underpants only.
    Just so you don't have to re-do them later when you win this contest, you may want to start putting them in cafe press format. Open a new document in photoshop that is 10 inches by 10 inches at 200 pixels per inch and with a white background. Then use comic sans ms and do a : and a D and then hit ctrl-t to bring up the transform box. Then rotate it 90 degrees. Then draw to your heart's content knowing that you'll be able to upload that directly to cafe press as a shirt design. Oh yeah, when you're done drawing hit ctrl-alt-shift s to bring up the save as dialog and save it as a png-24.

thumb.gif

Oh and by the way just so it's in here my cafe press smugmug apparel store is up at http://www.cafepress.com/MLSmugmugShop

75505751v3_150x150_Front.jpg
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Just so you don't have to re-do them later when you win this contest, you may want to start putting them in cafe press format. Open a new document in photoshop that is 10 inches by 10 inches at 200 pixels per inch and with a white background. Then use comic sans ms and do a : and a D and then hit ctrl-t to bring up the transform box. Then rotate it 90 degrees. Then draw to your heart's content knowing that you'll be able to upload that directly to cafe press as a shirt design. Oh yeah, when you're done drawing hit ctrl-alt-shift s to bring up the save as dialog and save it as a png-24.

thumb.gif

Oh and by the way just so it's in here my cafe press smugmug apparel store is up at http://www.cafepress.com/MLSmugmugShop

75505751v3_150x150_Front.jpg

Tks mike but there is a snowflakes chance in hell that i could do that. I just click on that little paint brush thing & start drawing. I dont know what a transform box is..i dont know what cafe press is & i think i have over fed the cat....he hasnt moved for 2 days.
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2006
    Or maybe "Need to get out more?"
    99420786-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2006
    I told you i suck at drawing !

Could also be ' Got a quick trip planned ? '

99431055-M.jpg
  • Options
    jerryrjerryr Registered Users Posts: 595 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    Hi -
    Great idea for a contest and some outstanding designs !!

"We simply choose based on the ones we like the best. The submissions will be passed around the office here, and we will vote for the best. "

Can dgrinners vote as well ???

Could potentially lead to more sales of more merchandise.

(note : saw this done for a local sports teams - the merchandise that was selected/voted by the families sold like hot cakes....)
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    gus wrote:
    98866072-M.jpg
    Hahah I like this one!!! :)

-Anne
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2006
    gus wrote:
    98777020-M.jpg

This one is rad, too. Thanks Gus! clap.gif

-Anne
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2006
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    This one is rad, too. Thanks Gus! clap.gif

-Anne
    Tks anne...if SM ever wishes to use them then i wouldnt mind at all if you got someone whom can draw better to sort them out a bit.
  • Options
    SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    hahahaha, Gus, all of those are awesome. bowdown.gif I vote you win. thumb.gif
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    Great work Gus clap.gif i am still thinking what to make eek7.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    Where is Gus?
    I need my daily Gus drawing. It's been almost 24 hours since the last Gus drawing. I wonder if the Subway wrappers have taken over his house?
    gus wrote:
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2006
    Tks rich. I dont know how many of you have ever travelled to the aussie out back but we have a bit of a fly problem..tying old wine bottle corks to your hat will keep the flies of you face..sort of.

99681505-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2006
    99688566-M.jpg
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited October 3, 2006
    "I can't draw" my fanny. Those are great Gus!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    Gus's work is so cool ne_nau.gif
    here is what i am doing rolleyes1.gif

For Men

100034000-O.jpg100034002-O.jpg

For women

100034003-O.jpg100034004-O.jpg

For Cup or anything

97929363-S.jpg
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    Alaska shutterbugAlaska shutterbug Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    Awais, I like the psychodelic mug thing.

Gus, your ideas are great! I love them.

I never even knew this contest/thread existed until I came across it browsing through comments.

I do have one idea (I'll have to work on it before bringing it public), and one idea for Gus.

Gus - How bout a pirate? :dragon I would try it myself, but would think I was stealing your idea/technique there. And you have great quips. The only comment I could think of for a pirate would be "Now bring on that horizon" Or "Now bring on that smugmug" or something to that effect. (Jack Sparrow's last line in the 1st POTC)

I'll try it myself if you like coming up with your own original ideas onlyne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2006
    Awais, I like the psychodelic mug thing.

Gus, your ideas are great! I love them.

I never even knew this contest/thread existed until I came across it browsing through comments.

I do have one idea (I'll have to work on it before bringing it public), and one idea for Gus.

Gus - How bout a pirate? :dragon I would try it myself, but would think I was stealing your idea/technique there. And you have great quips. The only comment I could think of for a pirate would be "Now bring on that horizon" Or "Now bring on that smugmug" or something to that effect. (Jack Sparrow's last line in the 1st POTC)

I'll try it myself if you like coming up with your own original ideas onlyne_nau.gif
    A pirate is def on my list AS..dont worry...when you can only add a hat & a few other things you need to really think differently.
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2006
    gus wrote:
    98770077-M.jpg

OMIGosh!!! I haven't visited this thread for just a few days and Gus has become a celebrity!!! clap.gif Gus....you shrewd fellow...can't draw! HA! These are so cool! You're a natural!
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2006
    Tks saurora...

100170972-M.jpg

Couldnt decide which...

100179420-M.jpg
  • Options
    wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2006
    Gus,

Those are cool. It seems like you are the only one posting and entering this...could you win all the prizes??? haha

Well, I have been working on some things, but not complete yet. I hope you do not mind some competition(though you have some funny ones).

Edit: Could we get Nikon D200 without the lens perhaps??? Just curious.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    WildViper
    From Nikon D70s > Nikon D300s & D700
    Nikon 50/1.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 1st gen, Nikkor 12-24/4, Nikkor 70-200/2.8 ED VR, SB600, SB900, SB-26 and Gitzo 2 Series Carbon Fiber with Kirk Ballhead
  • Options
    ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2006
    Gus, those are awesome thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2006
    wildviper wrote:
    Gus,

Those are cool. It seems like you are the only one posting and entering this...could you win all the prizes??? haha
    Just to clarify, you're welcome to post contest entries here, but Ben (who is in charge of all things for this contest) said:
    ben wrote:
    Simply fire me an email to "ben at smugmug dot com" with your submission. You can send me a link to a SmugMug gallery with the images in it, or you can even create your own CafePress store so you can display them on the product.
    So there are submissions that are not posted on this thread as well. :D

-Anne
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    Cafe Press
    wouldn't let me upload smugmug -- refused it due to copyright infringement or some such... so putting items in my store won't work -- unless I try naming the file something else other than smugmug, Laughing.gif!
  • Options
    BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    Quick question, If we send an email with a link to our gallery,

If we add more to the gallery after sending the email, will that be picked up on? or will we have to send a 2nd email?

Ben