Options

Contest: Show us how to flaunt it!

Comments

• Options
    BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Well here are mine, I designed them with t-shirts in mind but they would probably work with other things...

Gallery is here... http://bendr.smugmug.com/gallery/1969511
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Interesting
    seeing all the concepts and designs! We have a talented group indeed on dgrin.
  • Options
    GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    seeing all the concepts and designs! We have a talented group indeed on dgrin.

Nahhhhh not me!rolleyes1.gif

I'm horizontally parked in a parallel universe! :D
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    So does anyone have any idea when the announcement will be made? Not that I'm on the edge of my seat or anything!!mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2006
    I dunno... I wonder how the voting is working...
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2006
    From my understanding they are passing all the options around the office, and then voting on them, I guess at the end of the day? I think they are PST, so it probably won't get announced until after 5 or 6PC PST.

Amazed at the amount of talent that is pooled here in one place! Good Luck everyone!
  • Options
    wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Well, now that we can all come out in the open..here is my link:

http://wildviper.smugmug.com/gallery/2074818

I decided to take a risk and go totally differently. Graphics wise I am un-qualified...however, i am hoping to get at least the "honorable" mention :P

I decided just to create a "line" of things that we as photographers (or general public) would typically use anyways. I prefer advertising that is un-obtrusive, yet it is there. Kinda like "In your face, but not really in your face" advertising.

Hope that gets me that honorable mention at least(I wouldn't mind the Camera as well of course).

:)
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    WildViper
    From Nikon D70s > Nikon D300s & D700
    Nikon 50/1.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 1st gen, Nikkor 12-24/4, Nikkor 70-200/2.8 ED VR, SB600, SB900, SB-26 and Gitzo 2 Series Carbon Fiber with Kirk Ballhead
  • Options
    BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 31, 2006
    Rhuarc wrote:
    From my understanding they are passing all the options around the office, and then voting on them, I guess at the end of the day? I think they are PST, so it probably won't get announced until after 5 or 6PC PST.

Amazed at the amount of talent that is pooled here in one place! Good Luck everyone!

All the entries were sent around via email, and all employees are sending their favorites in order to me. I then tally votes, and hopefully will be able to announce in a few hours. I would say we have about half the people voted so far.

I will post a new thread for the winners announcement, though I will post in this thread in case people don't notice the new one. :)
    Smug since 2003
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2006
    Cool!
    Yay!!!
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Tax assumptions deal.gif
    for my voters
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Curiosity.....
    How many individual items did you guys receive for the contest? I can't imagine the voting will be easy.
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2006
    I'm not worried!
    I've never won anything big in my life time! rolleyes1.gifne_nau.gif

But this IS EXCITING!!

• Options
    edited October 31, 2006
    Lol, I know what you mean, I think thebiggest I've evver won was a 5 dollar lottery ticket!! But regardless of who wins this was still fun and exciting, and I'm glad I did it. Can't wait to see the winning designs!! Heck, I might even buy something now! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    How many individual items did you guys receive for the contest? I can't imagine the voting will be easy.

I was really suprised by the sheer number. I don't know exactly, maybe I will count later. But the people here in the office are griping about how many they have to rank! rolleyes1.gif
    Smug since 2003
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2006
    Lol, well, hopefully the ones at the end of the voting list don't get lower scores just because the people are tired of voting!

Lol, I just can't take the suspense!
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Rhuarc wrote:
    Lol, I know what you mean, I think thebiggest I've evver won was a 5 dollar lottery ticket!! But regardless of who wins this was still fun and exciting, and I'm glad I did it. Can't wait to see the winning designs!! Heck, I might even buy something now! rolleyes1.gif

:D
    I won twice !!
    Once a printer cover so small i gave it to my friend
    and once i answered a right answer atSONY exhibition they gave me sony Tea shirt so small my littel bro wears it rolleyes1.gif
    It was really fun making and thinking those designs :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    HiSPLHiSPL Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Here's mine,

http://danielaweaver.smugmug.com/gallery/2064929

I had more thoughts about different products in my head, but I couldn't work them up fast enough...

My Pshop skills are terrible and I've been working crazy hours this month. I can't wait for the announcement!
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2006
    Still waiting on a few key people to vote... most notably our 2 founders. rolleyes1.gif

I really hope I will get their votes before it gets too Halloween-y around here, though it was probably dumb to try and schedule the voting on such a day. headscratch.gif
    Smug since 2003
  • Options
    fotodojofotodojo Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Ben wrote:
    Still waiting on a few key people to vote... most notably our 2 founders. rolleyes1.gif

I really hope I will get their votes before it gets too Halloween-y around here, though it was probably dumb to try and schedule the voting on such a day. headscratch.gif

Tell them there's a few dozen Smugsters breathing down their neck ..or one badly dressed one... (see attached) :D
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2006
    Good one Dojo!!! :lol4

• Options
    edited October 31, 2006
    haha, thats great!

Okay... here's the bad news. :cry

Because it is Halloween, I wasn't able to collect all the votes. I am still waiting on a few key people to vote (I got one of the two founders' votes, but not the other!). The reason it is actually worth waiting on is that there are quite a few entries that are essentially tied right now. So those last few votes could swing the results.

I promise I will post the results tomorrow. If those who haven't voted yet don't get their votes in tomorrow, they lose their vote!

Sorry guys, I know a lot of you are waiting impatiently. So am I. I am still at the office hoping to finish this while trick or treaters are knocking on the door!

Go scare some people, and come back tomorrow to hear about the phat lewtz!
    Smug since 2003
  • Options
    DernoDerno Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    aww!!! gosh like what time tomorrow? =D
    http://www.derno.net
    Canon Rebel XT
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2006
    Derno wrote:
    aww!!! gosh like what time tomorrow? =D

Hrm. I doubt it would be before Noon PST. Much later than that, and I am going to get too itchy on the trigger. So early afternoon PST? :)

(thats just a guess!)
    Smug since 2003
  • Options
    fotodojofotodojo Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Ben wrote:
    Hrm. I doubt it would be before Noon PST. Much later than that, and I am going to get too itchy on the trigger. So early afternoon PST? :)

(thats just a guess!)

Darn, with timezone conversion that is what ? =/ I'll probably be either asleep or barely awake. 7 am OZ or thereabout... then again sleep is or the weak .......sigh, me =)

Thanks for trying though Ben..
    --
    Jon
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2006
    Is there any way it could be before 1:55 PST? Lol, I have to head for work then, and won't get to check the boards until much later!! I'll be anxiously refreshing every 30 seconds tomorrow at 1:50!! Can't wait!

Once again, Good Luck everyone!! clap.gif
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    gus wrote:
    I touch neither mate...i have no idea what im doing or if indeed its what Ben is looking for but what i do know for sure...my 20D is in its death throws & i will work for a new camera.

If you're REALLY lucky, you'll win that mac mini!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    If you're REALLY lucky, you'll win that mac mini!
    lol3.gif David you are merciless!

I LOVE IT
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2006
    Drum roll starts! drums.gif
    We are all ears!! ear.gif :cool :D

• Options
    edited November 1, 2006
    I'm on the edge of my seat!! clap.gif
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    :lurk

It'd be really nice to win a nano deal.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/