Options

Frustrating Delivery Times

2»

Comments

• Options
    c670809c670809 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited December 26, 2006
    This may not matter to many but I wanted to share it so the smugmug staff could see it.

I only use smugmug for my personal pictures. I choose it so my family could download full sized pictures and print them anyway they chose. It still works well for that. However, I was hoping my family would order from them.

My mother has only ordered once and said never again. She often orders from other places like shutterfly and snapfish. She designed a photo book at shutterfly and ordered it late Saturday night. She didn't pay for expedited shipping and received the order by Tuesday.

She ordered pictures from smugmug and although it was still under 14 days – it took 13 days – there is no way first class is taking that long. Only media mail takes that much time.

Smugmug will still have my business because I like the ability of my friends and family to download my pictures but they have lost our printing business until things turn around.
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2006
    I've had complaints that it takes too long also. The customer pays extra for 3-4 day express shipping...and they think that means they will get their pic's in 3-4 days...not true. The processing time is not figured into that.

I'd like to see the shipping method listed with the processing time taken into account. It doesn't take much to make a customer unhappy, and this appears to be one of the things that makes them mad, or at least frustrated.

I like Mpix...they process your order same day, ship it. 3 days shipping means 3 days....novell concept.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2006
    Guys we are working on new shipping options, please have patience.

The USPS sucks. What can I say?
  • Options
    CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    I love MPIX shiping... maybe smugmug could adopt it...
    I absolutely love the way MPIX ships and would really like smugmug to adopt a similar simple straight forward shipping rate. Actually I've love for smugmug to switch to Mpix but that's another thread. Mpix charges the same rate regardless of how little or large your order is depending on delivery method selected. USPS-Priority is always $4.95 or Fedex-Next business day is always $9.95 and I've always been very satisfied with the their turn around time. This has saved me a tremendous amount of confusion not to mention $$$ when placing large orders (from weddings, sport events, and such). Read about it here:http://www.mpix.com/help.aspx?UserType=1
    They just recently added 1st class for small orders but I don't plan to ever use it when for just a couple bucks more I'm more than happy 'everytime'. Their packaging is fabulous (even Gaussian paper envelopes) and very professional looking.

*More good: The products are super and with the exception of 4x6's their cost per print or product is much nicer then smugmug/ezprints. For large orders the money I save in both s/h & print price is worth it every time.

*The bad... Since everyone views their pics on my smugmug site I only use Mpix for direct orders 'when' I have the time to upload to Mpix. Large orders are worth it every time.
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    Andy wrote:

• Options
    dickdick Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited April 29, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Hi Andy:

Any news on the new shipping options?

I love my SmugMug account but I am growing weary of answering questions on why it takes so long for orders to arrive. In some cases friends and family have received two sets of the same photos and in one case someone elses photos.

I have told folks that order pictures to start keeping track of order confirmations and shipping confrimations to see if there is a problem or maybe it is just pilot error as part of the ordering process. (Mom is not the internet guru she thinks she is. :D)

Thanks

Rich
    edited April 29, 2007
    dick wrote:
    Hi Andy:

Any news on the new shipping options?

I love my SmugMug account but I am growing weary of answering questions on why it takes so long for orders to arrive. In some cases friends and family have received two sets of the same photos and in one case someone elses photos.

I have told folks that order pictures to start keeping track of order confirmations and shipping confrimations to see if there is a problem or maybe it is just pilot error as part of the ordering process. (Mom is not the internet guru she thinks she is. :D)

Thanks

Rich
    Workin on it, Rich- no news yet. Sorry for the hassles :(
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Workin on it, Rich- no news yet. Sorry for the hassles :(

Andy and the SmugMug Team:

I don't know if you have changed photo processors but this last order was fast, accurate and as usual the photo quality is great.

Thanks and keep up the good work. clap.gif
    edited July 28, 2007
    dick wrote:
    Andy and the SmugMug Team:

I don't know if you have changed photo processors but this last order was fast, accurate and as usual the photo quality is great.

Thanks and keep up the good work. clap.gif
    Hi Dick, we've not changed anything but we did :whip things down at the Lab deal.gif

wave.gif
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Dick, we've not changed anything but we did :whip things down at the Lab deal.gif

wave.gif

Well I hope it takes iloveyou.gif
    edited July 29, 2007
    Yeah I'll second that. My mother in law ordered over 100 prints and recieved it two days later. Which was good because she left the country (vacation not like deported or something) the next day so she got to see them before leaving.
    Tim Linden
    http://www.riphoto.com/
    Please Vote - External Shopping Cart Links:
    http://uservoice.com/a/mL8RD