Insect from Mars

2»

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2006
    Identification email sent to http://www.whatsthatbug.com/ they sent me email and this is in email

Hi Awais,
    You are correct. It is weird, and not knowing where it is from is sure not
    going to help any identification. It is an immature Hopper, one of the
    Homopterans. After that, we are clueless.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    thats really wierd I dont know what the is never saw it before I am dieing to know what it exactly it is.

You can try this site http://bugguide.net/node/view/15740 they have a ID request link on their site if you register its free you can post pictures and ask what it is.....
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro
  • ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    Identification email sent to http://www.whatsthatbug.com/ they sent me email and this is in email

Hi Awais,
    You are correct. It is weird, and not knowing where it is from is sure not
    going to help any identification. It is an immature Hopper, one of the
    Homopterans. After that, we are clueless.

ok - did you tell them what country/area you live in and where it was photographed?

It's better if you give a little bit of information about it --- like how big it was, what time of day you saw it, where it was (in dirt, leaves, under a house), where you took the picture (as in, what part of what country).

I'd say email them back with the info and the pic attached again. That answer seemed kinda curt and not like them...I'm disappointed!

Adrienne
    ajgauthier wrote:
    ok - did you tell them what country/area you live in and where it was photographed?

It's better if you give a little bit of information about it --- like how big it was, what time of day you saw it, where it was (in dirt, leaves, under a house), where you took the picture (as in, what part of what country).

I'd say email them back with the info and the pic attached again. That answer seemed kinda curt and not like them...I'm disappointed!

Adrienne

Yup i told them in islamabad in my garage and on bricks also size
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    thats really wierd I dont know what the is never saw it before I am dieing to know what it exactly it is.

You can try this site http://bugguide.net/node/view/15740 they have a ID request link on their site if you register its free you can post pictures and ask what it is.....

Thanks for the link i will try that.

My Gallery
  • athosathos Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    holy cow it is an alien!

amazing insect and shot of it.
    www.simplyathos.com

Gear
    *Canon 40D: 17-55IS - 70-300IS - 100mm Macro - Sigma 10-20EX
    *Imagination
    athos wrote:
    holy cow it is an alien!

amazing insect and shot of it.

Thanks Athos :D

My Gallery
  • Twisted ImageTwisted Image Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    Is this an insect you have only seen once or do you see it on a regular basis?
    Do you ever see more than one?
  • ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins

along those lines...are you able to go back out and see if you can find more or an adult one? most times the young nymphs/hoppers look different than the adult version.

You have an assignment Awais!

...hope we can find out what it is! It made it on the www.whatsthatbug.com front page...so maybe others will see it and know what it is and email them.

Adrienne
  • firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    AWESOME!!!!! Call up Discovery Channel NOW!

Having a bug named after you would be great!rolleyes1.gif
    edited September 28, 2006

No man never i never saw it before nor i see it on regular basis eek7.gif

My Gallery
    ajgauthier wrote:
    along those lines...are you able to go back out and see if you can find more or an adult one? most times the young nymphs/hoppers look different than the adult version.

You have an assignment Awais!

...hope we can find out what it is! It made it on the www.whatsthatbug.com front page...so maybe others will see it and know what it is and email them.

Adrienne

I will try i hope i find something like him thumb.gif

My Gallery
    AWESOME!!!!! Call up Discovery Channel NOW!

Having a bug named after you would be great!rolleyes1.gif

eek7.gif
    :D thanks

My Gallery
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    Awais- If you find another ... then for sure ... get out of there. Move to a safer place like Iraq or Afghanistan.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
    Seefutlung wrote:
    Awais- If you find another ... then for sure ... get out of there. Move to a safer place like Iraq or Afghanistan.

Gary

rolleyes1.gif
    I think i should stop finding it

My Gallery
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    rolleyes1.gif
    I think i should stop finding it

Laughing.gif ... good call Awais ... denial is always a good choice to take ...
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
    Seefutlung wrote:
    Laughing.gif ... good call Awais ... denial is always a good choice to take ...

:D
    rolleyes1.gif

My Gallery
  • ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
    Good shots--especially the first one!

Can't say I've seen anything like it here in "The Colonies"!
    Steve-o
    Forehead wrote:
    Good shots--especially the first one!

Can't say I've seen anything like it here in "The Colonies"!

Thanks Steve :D

My Gallery
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    Awais,

Very cool and very wierd.

I think it is likely a type of "TreeHopper" which is very similar to a "LeafHopper" and possibly just a variant. Look around for similar vegetation as the insect uses its shape to hide and appear like a twig on a branch.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
    edited September 29, 2006
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Awais,

Very cool and very wierd.

I think it is likely a type of "TreeHopper" which is very similar to a "LeafHopper" and possibly just a variant. Look around for similar vegetation as the insect uses its shape to hide and appear like a twig on a branch.

ziggy53

Yes i think this is childhood of some thing ordinary headscratch.gif

My Gallery