SmugMug Temporary Service Interruption

scoodogscoodog Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited October 10, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Several times this weekend, including right now, I am trying to get to my smugmug page (scoodog.smugmug.com) and my browser just sits there trying to load the page.

My DSL connection is strong; I'm able to get to other non-smugmug sites A-OK...

Why is this???

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    me too....
    headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif I was wondering the same thing. I am trying to do some stuff to my page and all I get is the processing thumnails.
  • PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    I am trying to fix some keywording and I having some problems , very slow.

Now I am not sure if my keywording is right , and it is something else .
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
    edited October 8, 2006
    Pamela wrote:
    I am trying to fix some keywording and I having some problems , very slow.

Now I am not sure if my keywording is right , and it is something else .

I just tried to go to my gallery
    and got a message saying it is temporarily down.
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • scoodogscoodog Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    scoodog wrote:
    Several times this weekend, including right now, I am trying to get to my smugmug page (scoodog.smugmug.com) and my browser just sits there trying to load the page.

My DSL connection is strong; I'm able to get to other non-smugmug sites A-OK...

Why is this???

Thanks in advance.

The following splash screen now comes up:
    Temporary Service Interruption

We're having some temporary technical difficulties. We're working on them at the moment, and expect service to return shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We're not happy about it, of course, but we are prepared for it and expect there to be no data loss or any long-term reduction in service.
    Thanks for your patience and understanding!

© 2005 smugmug, inc.

I'd rather have this splash screen than wonder what's going on -- please don't hesitate to pop this up when trouble occurs, smugmug system people. And thanks in advance for your efforts to get the service operational again.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    Folks, it's likely not you or your connections.

Please see this thread
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=44380

Post by me and post by Don our CEO. I have also alerted Don, and he's looking at things right now.

Sorry for the hassles.
    edited October 8, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Folks, it's likely not you or your connections.

Please see this thread
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=44380

Post by me and post by Don our CEO. I have also alerted Don, and he's looking at things right now.

Sorry for the hassles.

ok andy
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    Interesting that the © on the message is 2005. A bit late in changing that over. Ummmm... Like 10 months late? (just pointing)
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    My Smuggy Is Down...
    MY SMUGGY IS DOWN... :cry
    smugmug_black.gif

Temporary Service Interruption We're having some temporary technical difficulties. We're working on them at the moment, and expect service to return shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience. We're not happy about it, of course, but we are prepared for it and expect there to be no data loss or any long-term reduction in service. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

© 2005 smugmug, inc.

..WELL I guess everyones SMUGGY IS DOWN....guess i will go sho0ot something to relieve the aniexty of not being able to access Smuggy.....headscratch.gif

Maybe I can find something to shoot worth posting when SM comes back to life.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• rajahrajah Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 8, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    MY SMUGGY IS DOWN...
    Looks like we're back. Reboot! Must be using MS servers.
    edited October 8, 2006
    Site should be back up for you, folks. Sorry again for the trouble. Not sure what was up, but if Don, our Chief Geek and CEO, has anything to tell us, he'll be here.
    edited October 8, 2006
  • rajahrajah Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 8, 2006
    edited October 8, 2006
    rajah wrote:
    Whew! clap.gif

BTW: I'm not a Mac user. eek7.gif
    It's okay. We love PC users, too :D
  • samwisesamwise Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Site should be back up for you, folks. Sorry again for the trouble. Not sure what was up, but if Don, our Chief Geek and CEO, has anything to tell us, he'll be here.

Back up, but still processing 5 images for about the last 20 minutes
    edited October 8, 2006
    samwise wrote:
    Back up, but still processing 5 images for about the last 20 minutes
    They'll be slow, sorry, till the image processors catch up.
    edited October 8, 2006
    Andy

Im trying to do a search from the smugmug.com/browse , page and i cant get any results.

Is feature down still?
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • pmalandpmaland Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    Queue?
    Andy wrote:
    They'll be slow, sorry, till the image processors catch up.

I know you guys have access to the servers and can see the queue length... would it be possible to make this information "self service" for us people in line? Perhaps show how many images are in front of ours when we complete an upload? Probably would save some support calls and threads here on dgrin.

- Phil
    http://maland.smugmug.com/
    edited October 8, 2006
    Pamela wrote:
    Andy

Im trying to do a search from the smugmug.com/browse , page and i cant get any results.

Is feature down still?
    Hm. Working for me? What are you searching for please?
    edited October 8, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hm. Working for me? What are you searching for please?

Truman marching band

Earlier , when I tried it , I got photos from another user, (what are the chances of us both being at the same function, and a smugmug user), my photos are not coming up .
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
    edited October 8, 2006
    Pamela wrote:
    Truman marching band

Earlier , when I tried it , I got photos from another user, (what are the chances of us both being at the same function, and a smugmug user), my photos are not coming up .
    http://www.smugmug.com/keyword/all/truman/1/95564762

headscratch.gif
  • HosieggHosiegg Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited October 8, 2006
    Enuff already!
    OK, now I'm upset.

When I e-mailed for help uploading it was suggested I try different uploaders. I've been three days trying to upload some wedding pictures, assuming the problem was at my end. I even suggested in my first e-mail that the problem may be the same as you had previously with the load balancing, or whatever it was.

Now I see many others are having the same problem.

Honestly I like, and I can put up with a lot of problems with honest answers.

In this case, suggesting I use a different uploader only caused me unnecessary grief.

Paying extra for pro service I am. I'm not a happy snapper.

Art
    edited October 8, 2006
    Thankyou

Im getting that now too.
    Earlier I was getting an actual gallery , showing in the galleries section of that page
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    Pamela wrote:
    Thankyou

Im getting that now too.
    Earlier I was getting an actual gallery , showing in the galleries section of that page

I haven't even been able to connect to my site. After sitting there for 5-minutes watching my PC try to open my Smugsite I quit. I need to order some pic's too....I may have to load them to Mpix....eek7.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
    edited October 8, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    I haven't even been able to connect to my site. After sitting there for 5-minutes watching my PC try to open my Smugsite I quit. I need to order some pic's too....I may have to load them to Mpix....eek7.gif
    Hi Jeff, I was able to hit your site, try again? http://leiningerphotos.smugmug.com/
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Jeff, I was able to hit your site, try again? http://leiningerphotos.smugmug.com/

I don't what happened, or if you did anything....but I finally made it to my site. clap.gif We all love glitches!! rolleyes1.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    Processing
    Andy wrote:

Andy,headscratch.gif

I was trying to make some changes to my site earlier...........several hours ago. I can get to my site now, but it still says processing images. Is it really??? Or is it stuck?

memoriesbyrene.com
    band
    Hawkinsville Band Festival
    rotate

Rene`
    edited October 8, 2006
    Rene` wrote:
    Andy,headscratch.gif

I was trying to make some changes to my site earlier...........several hours ago. I can get to my site now, but it still says processing images. Is it really???
    Yeah it's really processing. Standby, it's being worked on. They should process fine.

Or is it stuck?
    Always a chance, I suppose. But based on experience, they should process.

Sorry for the hassle.
    edited October 8, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Rene` wrote:
    Andy,headscratch.gif

I was trying to make some changes to my site earlier...........several hours ago. I can get to my site now, but it still says processing images. Is it really???
    Yeah it's really processing. Standby, it's being worked on. They should process fine.
    Always a chance, I suppose. But based on experience, they should process.

Sorry for the hassle.

I have 60 images "stuck" in "Processing Image" mode for 3 hours now. Is there a place to go to find out if smugmug is operating in a degraded mode? I would suggest some kind of indicator. It would actually help smugmug -- if I see that degraded mode is active, I could hold off doing uploads.

Scoodog
    edited October 8, 2006
    scoodog wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    Rene` wrote:
    Andy,headscratch.gif

I have 60 images "stuck" in "Processing Image" mode for 3 hours now. Is there a place to go to find out if smugmug is operating in a degraded mode? I would suggest some kind of indicator. It would actually help smugmug -- if I see that degraded mode is active, I could hold off doing uploads.

Scoodog
    Hi Scoo - the images should process. It's going to take longer, and we're sorry about that. Our engineers are working round the clock to fix and improve things. Right here's the place, On Dgrin, where you'll find the latest status.

Thanks!
    edited October 8, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    scoodog wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Scoo - the images should process. It's going to take longer, and we're sorry about that. Our engineers are working round the clock to fix and improve things. Right here's the place, On Dgrin, where you'll find the latest status.

Thanks!

Thanks Andy. The promptness of your reply is helpful. I can tell that smugmug is a decent business that is trying hard to do what's right.