processing taking excessively long - MERGED

2»

Comments

• digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    thanks andy that must have been the problem I checked and reset all my connections last night and was able to finish my uploads rather quickly. clap.gif
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    slow page loading?
    I don't know if this is related to the same server issues clogging the uploads but thought I'd start here before starting a new thread....my uploading seems to be going fine, but my page images (smugmug classic style) are loading very slow. I checked another smugmugger's site and hers is doing it too.

when you click on a thumb, its 6 seconds or so before the image displays.

Does the original image size play a part in this? If I want my "portfolio" images to load faster, should I upload web-optimized images? I did this for my auto-slideshow on the homepage, and its as slow to load as its ever been. There's an 8-second or so lag before the site displays at all. Then 4 seconds before the first image loads. Not cool.

For good measure, I have looked on my home DSL with a 2.8mhz Vaio and T1 work setup with dual-core Dell. Looked in Firefox and IE6. I know I sound picky but my customers don't have as fast connections as I do.

www.lynnehulbertphotography.smugmug.com

lynne
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers