SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited December 5, 2006 in SmugMug Support
WTF mate?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2006
    truth wrote:
    WTF mate?
    It's because you have put this in your CSS, telling us not to display your keywords:

#photoKeywords { display: none; }

I hope this helps, please let us know.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2006
    truth wrote:
    WTF mate?
    I see them all.
    http://truth.smugmug.com/keyword/

Maybe just turned off showing under pictures.

This is turning them off in your CSS.
    #photoKeywords { display: none; }
    Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 3, 2006
    What I was talking about is in the "cutomize gallery" window the keywords are not listed in the box.

Moochass gracias....that's what I get for poaching other peoples CSS sheets. I better learn that stuff pronto.
    edited November 3, 2006
    truth wrote:
    What I was talking about is in the "cutomize gallery" window the keywords are not listed in the box.

Moochass gracias....that's what I get for poaching other peoples CSS sheets. I better learn that stuff pronto.
    It looks to me like you added the keywords to the individual pics. Under
    customize gallery there's a box to add keywords gallery wide. The ones
    for individual pics will not show there.
    Make sense?
    Al
    edited November 3, 2006
    Allen wrote:
    It looks to me like you added the keywords to the individual pics. Under
    customize gallery there's a box to add keywords gallery wide. The ones
    for individual pics will not show there.
    Make sense?
    Al
    Yes, but I had the galleries keyworded for months allready. They were there, and now they aren't. That's what is so odd. Even when i add them now and save they don't "stay". They should still be in the box where you enter them when I go back to the customize gallery page right? They always were before.
    edited November 3, 2006
    truth wrote:
    Yes, but I had the galleries keyworded for months allready. They were there, and now they aren't. That's what is so odd. Even when i add them now and save they don't "stay". They should still be in the box where you enter them when I go back to the customize gallery page right? They always were before.
    Do you have a specific gallery link please? Thank you.
    edited November 3, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Do you have a specific gallery link please? Thank you.

http://truth.smugmug.com/gallery/1662039

It's happening in all the street scenes and architecture galleries and sub gallleries. I have yet to check the rest but nature seems ok right now.
    edited November 3, 2006
    truth wrote:
    http://truth.smugmug.com/gallery/1662039

It's happening in all the street scenes and architecture galleries and sub gallleries. I have yet to check the rest but nature seems ok right now.
    As I said above, please remove that bit of CSS and you will see your keywords. K?
    edited November 3, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    As I said above, please remove that bit of CSS and you will see your keywords. K?
    It's gone and it did nothing.

Maybe we are talking about dif thing.

I'm talking about the field where you enter keywords on the gallery level, not the box of keywords that you cna choose to display on you home page.
    edited November 3, 2006
    Like so...

keyword%20screen%20shot.jpg&

Vs

keyword%20screen%20shot%202.jpg&
    edited November 3, 2006
    FYI
    Yesterday adding keywords using bulk, I had to save and then go
    back into bulk and save again before they took. Happened in a
    bunch of galleries.

AL
    edited November 3, 2006
    And you've not deleted any, is that correct?
    Are they just gone from every gallery of yours? ear.gif
    edited November 3, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    And you've not deleted any, is that correct?
    Are they just gone from every gallery of yours? ear.gif

Correct, I have not deleted any. It's only in some galleries. Now it seems like at least it's allowing me to re-enter the data. Earlier it would not save new entries.
    edited November 3, 2006
    I still can't enter keywords at the gallery level in some galleries.

http://truth.smugmug.com/gallery/2072956
    edited November 3, 2006
    Allright, so it's only rejecting any keyword in "---" quotations.
  • HDVideoHDVideo Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2006
    I'm having the same problem trying to add keywords in the "customize gallery" window. It seems that if quotations are used any place in the keyword box, everything in the box dissappears when you save the customization.

How do I enter "New Mexico" without it becoming two separate words?

This is the gallery I was working on.
    edited November 22, 2006
    HDVideo wrote:
    I'm having the same problem trying to add keywords in the "customize gallery" window. It seems that if quotations are used any place in the keyword box, everything in the box dissappears when you save the customization.

How do I enter "New Mexico" without it becoming two separate words?

This is the gallery I was working on.

Ed, I just used "edit keywords" on the page, here:
    http://hdvideo.smugmug.com/gallery/2130139/1/110267361

and added "new mexico" and you can see it now.
    here's more help. Holler back if you have more questions: http://www.smugmug.com/help/keywords-tags
    edited November 22, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Ed, I just used "edit keywords" on the page, here:
    http://hdvideo.smugmug.com/gallery/2130139/1/110267361

and added "new mexico" and you can see it now.
    here's more help. Holler back if you have more questions: http://www.smugmug.com/help/keywords-tags
    Thanks for the response Andy. Using quotes works OK when adding keywords to individual pictures, but as "truth" stated in his post above, the problem is when adding keywords to the gallery customization page. In that instance, it seems that any use of quotation marks in the keyword box causes all keywords in the box to disappear when the gallery changes are saved.
    edited November 22, 2006
    HDVideo wrote:
    Thanks for the response Andy. Using quotes works OK when adding keywords to individual pictures, but as "truth" stated in his post above, the problem is when adding keywords to the gallery customization page. In that instance, it seems that any use of quotation marks in the keyword box causes all keywords in the box to disappear when the gallery changes are saved.
    For gallery keywords, I guess that's true.
    OK sorry I misunderstood you.
    edited November 22, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    For gallery keywords, I guess that's true.
    OK sorry I misunderstood you.
    Is this something that can be fixed to work the same as other keyword entry methods?
  • encosionencosion Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2006
    @ truth : I'm pretty sure that if you use the "Bulk Settings" feature to change a bunch of gallery settings, you're going to lose any individually customised keywords wether you enter them blank during the "Bulk Settings" procedure or not... The same goes of passwords, descriptions etc...

I could be wrong of course!

I've highlighted this in the Feature request thread here, feel free to weigh in if you think this needs to change (possibly to the way I've suggested):
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=47572
    Canon EOS 500D (Kiss X3)
    85mm f/1.8, 17-50 + 28-75m
    f/2.8 lenses
    iMac 24" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme, 4Gb RAM, OSX 10.5.7
    http://encosion.com/ | http://encosion.smugmug.com/
  • MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2006
    I am having the same problem
    I jsut went thru and was adding key words in the customize section - keywords and anything I put in there would not save. Type the bulk gallery kewords in and save - go back and there is nothing there. Not trying to input individual photo keywords - bulk galler keywords.

Appears to be a system wide glitch?

Michael

encosion wrote:
    @ truth : I'm pretty sure that if you use the "Bulk Settings" feature to change a bunch of gallery settings, you're going to lose any individually customised keywords wether you enter them blank during the "Bulk Settings" procedure or not... The same goes of passwords, descriptions etc...

I could be wrong of course!

I've highlighted this in the Feature request thread here, feel free to weigh in if you think this needs to change (possibly to the way I've suggested):
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=47572
    edited December 1, 2006
    I jsut went thru and was adding key words in the customize section - keywords and anything I put in there would not save. Type the bulk gallery kewords in and save - go back and there is nothing there. Not trying to input individual photo keywords - bulk galler keywords.

Appears to be a system wide glitch?

Michael
    Michael, are you putting quotes "" around any words or groups of words? When I removed all the quotation marks, the keywords were accepted. That, of course, creates another problem, but at least you can enter keywords at the gallery level this way.
    edited December 1, 2006
    Yes - using quotes,but that does not solve the problem
    Keyworks are a very important part of your SM site - something is not working properly that needs to be looked into. I really dont want nor have the time to enter keywords once without quotes - and then go back in later and enter new quoted words. Really only want to have to do this once.

Michael

HDVideo wrote:
    Michael, are you putting quotes "" around any words or groups of words? When I removed all the quotation marks, the keywords were accepted. That, of course, creates another problem, but at least you can enter keywords at the gallery level this way.
    edited December 4, 2006
    Any word on this problem yet?
    I have a few large galleries that I need to enter bulk key words in (quote needed) and am waiting until I know this problem has been fixed. Fixed meaning I was able to do it in the past, just recently I (and others) are unable to enter bulk keywords when using quotes.

Michael

Keyworks are a very important part of your SM site - something is not working properly that needs to be looked into. I really dont want nor have the time to enter keywords once without quotes - and then go back in later and enter new quoted words. Really only want to have to do this once.

Michael
    edited December 4, 2006
    I have a few large galleries that I need to enter bulk key words in (quote needed) and am waiting until I know this problem has been fixed. Fixed meaning I was able to do it in the past, just recently I (and others) are unable to enter bulk keywords when using quotes.

Michael
    Gallery keywords or photo keywords? ear.gif
    edited December 4, 2006
    I think I may be confused.
    I want to enter gallery wide keywords (in the customize area) and I think I need the use of quotes - but now I just read that these keywords will not be displayed in my SM site.
    I noticed that I can enter keywords and they will show up when I re-enter the customize area, but when using "quotes" - these words will not stay.

I had entered keywords in the past (using quotes) and am certian that I did these in bulk. How or where do I need to go and enter keywords on a gallery bulk basis and have the use of quotes - ex: "Kennett Square"

camera: Nikon Corporation (Nikon D70s) |
    more details: [URL="javascript:window.open('http://MLKImages.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=99460286','exif99460286','toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=yes,width=350,height=500'); void('');"]exif[/URL] |
    original size: 3008px x 2000px |
    current: 600px x 399px |
    other sizes: S · Medium · L |
    keywords: bicycle race cyclocross lily pond mens c womens b mabra · [URL="javascript:toggleDIV('editKeywords','photoKeywords','block');"]edit[/URL]

Andy, Thanks and sorry if I am missing something very basic here.
    Michael

Andy wrote:
    Gallery keywords or photo keywords? ear.gif
    edited December 4, 2006
    In gallery look under "photos tools" for "edit captions/keywords bulk".
    At the top enter "key1 key2" in quotes, toggle keyword at right and
    hit preview button. They will now be on every pic in that gallery.

Put in another and do same.
    That what you're looking for?
    Al
  • encosionencosion Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    This does raise a good point... What is the purpose of gallery keywords? I have recently cottoned onto (and taken the time to enter) photo keywords via the bulk tool... They're great... But how are the gallery keywords implemented / used? Should I even bother entering them? Apologies if this is a subject already discussed elsewhere...
    Canon EOS 500D (Kiss X3)
    85mm f/1.8, 17-50 + 28-75m
    f/2.8 lenses
    iMac 24" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme, 4Gb RAM, OSX 10.5.7
    http://encosion.com/ | http://encosion.smugmug.com/
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    encosion wrote:
    This does raise a good point... What is the purpose of gallery keywords? I have recently cottoned onto (and taken the time to enter) photo keywords via the bulk tool... They're great... But how are the gallery keywords implemented / used? Should I even bother entering them? Apologies if this is a subject already discussed elsewhere...
    They are important for searches. Both SmugMug searches and external searches (google, yahoo, altavista, etc)