wellman wrote: »
AlbumFetcher is currently dead, given SmugMug's new awesomeness and new API.
It might be easily resurrected by someone who can do some C++ updating. Source code is still available (see first post in thread).
BigRed wrote: »
I'm just weighing in here to grovel for some generous soul to please take this on. I'd do it myself if I knew the first thing about C++.
This is a unique and valuable tool, one I've come to depend on for regular backups that give me tremendous peace of mind. AFAIK, there is no other utility that does all this:
(1) allows the bulk download of any number of galleries at once (select from a list populated real time)
(2) downloads their respective gallery descriptions
(3) downloads all included images (both true and virtual)
(4) embeds in those downloaded image files the Keywords* and Captions (IPTC Description)* that I have maintained through the years using the SmugMug editing tools (not in my original upload files)
(5) preserves my original filenames (no SM prefixes/suffixes).
I hope I never need to, but if necessary, this positions me to be able to easily switch to a different image hosting service.*Note that the new SmugMug version has added display and maintenance of an additional field that would also need to be embedded in the image metadata: Title.