Options

Want Music on Your SmugMug Site?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2007
    kara* wrote:
    I don't want music on my homepage, BUT...
    For clients, it would be nice to have it on a particular gallery set to a slideshow of their pictures...
    Is this possible??
    Thanks in advance!
    Sure. Follow the instructions to put Sonific music in the gallery description, it's rather easy :D

If you need help just holler.
  • Options
    kara*kara* Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Sure. Follow the instructions to put Sonific music in the gallery description, it's rather easy :D

If you need help just holler.

Thanks! I'll try that.
  • Options
    kara*kara* Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2007
    Would a smugmug gallery count as commercial use? Because I'm not "officially" in business but people are paying me to cover my costs and time...
    ?
    I only ask because I don't want to get in trouble... ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    gleonhardgleonhard Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 6, 2007
    Message from Sonific CEO re Music on SmugMug
    Hi everyone, good to hear you are discussing Sonific. Just wanted to add 2 things: we have just now added 125.000 tracks on Sonific, LOTS of great new tracks, from Sinatra to Muddy Waters to Ninja Tune stuff - see our news release here.
    We also have a new songspotting blog here, and my own Sonific Music blog here.
    So - a lot more choice now. and playlists are coming soon, too.
    2nd -- if you use the songspot widget code it would be nice if you did NOT hide the player - after all, that is why our labels and artists are providing the music for free ;)
    Thanks, and cheers Gerd Leonhard, CEO www.sonific.com
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    Dna wrote:
    1. I hate sites that have music on them. I have music that I want to listen to on my computer,

couldn't agree moremwink.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    gleonhardgleonhard Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 6, 2007
    music on sites
    well, some like it, some hate it -it all depends on who comes to your site. Everyone expects music to play at myspace but no-one would appreciate it on linkedin.com Right? Check out Sonific's example page for some very cool, and very weird sites rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2007
    gleonhard wrote:
    Hi everyone, good to hear you are discussing Sonific. Just wanted to add 2 things: we have just now added 125.000 tracks on Sonific, LOTS of great new tracks, from Sinatra to Muddy Waters to Ninja Tune stuff - see our news release here.
    We also have a new songspotting blog here, and my own Sonific Music blog here.
    So - a lot more choice now. and playlists are coming soon, too.
    2nd -- if you use the songspot widget code it would be nice if you did NOT hide the player - after all, that is why our labels and artists are providing the music for free ;)
    Thanks, and cheers Gerd Leonhard, CEO www.sonific.com
    Gerd, wave.gif thanks for posting! Come back again soon :D
  • Options
    ZmomZmom Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited September 18, 2007
    More specific details on adding music
    Andy wrote:
    Check out Sonific deal.gif

you can see it here
    http://andydemo.smugmug.com/gallery/1931195#163234748

So, you can of course hide it, if you give it a DIV, say, <div id="mysongspot">insertthecodeshere</div> and then in CSS you can do #mysongspot {visibility: hidden;}

Enjoy!

Edit: Apr 24, 2007: http://www.gerdleonhard.net/2007/04/video_tutorial_.html

Andy,

I've just gotten the hang of adding Quicktime movies to my galleries. I've got a few photos from London which might, depending on point of view, benefit from a little music.

Can you only add a single music clip to a single gallery? Or can you add a clip one photo at a time (since only a couple of photos "deserve" it.).

Are there more specific CSS details posted elsewhere?

Thanks,

Zmom

PS - I thought the music was great in the demo gallery. To be used in moderation, of course!
    Zmom
  • Options
    edited September 18, 2007
    Zmom wrote:

PS - I thought the music was great on your gallery. To be used in moderation, of course!
    I don't actually use it on my main site - that's just a demo gallery to show how it can be done :)
    You can put music in the album description or in the photo caption, but not both.
  • Options
    dktruckleydktruckley Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2007
    music gallery
    Can I add music to a particular gallery? I have band photos I would like to add music to.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2007
    dktruckley wrote:
    Can I add music to a particular gallery? I have band photos I would like to add music to.
    No Problem! Put the sonific code in the gallery description, and it will only play in that gallery thumb.gif
  • Options
    sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2007
    oh no... no music!!! Acck... i'm having emerging memories of cheezy midi files on gif splattered myspace pages eek7.gif
  • Options
    doctorbridoctorbri Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    Problems with music on site
    I put music on my site but after following all the directions I cannot figure out how to limit it to just my homepage. Also when I open my homepage the music won't play unless I scroll down to where the songspot box is...any ideas how i can get it to play without having to scroll down to it???

Thanks!

www.andersonfineartphotography.com
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2007
    You must put the music html in a div.

blah blah music code

then, in CSS:

#mymusic {display: none;}
    .homepage #mymusic {display: block;}
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    HTML is on for this forum, gotta fool it.

<div id="mymusic">
    blah blah music code
    </div>
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    LargeDrPepperLargeDrPepper Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 22, 2007
    Music won't play...
    It hides the box bt the music won't play. HELP!ne_nau.gif

DAN

www.largedrpepper.com
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2007
    It hides the box bt the music won't play. HELP!ne_nau.gif

DAN

www.largedrpepper.com
    Could you elaborate please, using many more words and links to describe what you are asking, thanks thumb.gif
  • Options
    benchmarcbenchmarc Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    Hi Andy,

Would appreciate if u could help me here.
    What i did was put the songspot music codes into the footer section and changed the width and height to "0" so it hides.
    Problem is right now whenever i click on any buttons on the nav bar, the music restarts. How to i get the music to play continously?
    benchmarc.smugmug.com

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2007
    benchmarc wrote:
    Hi Andy,

Would appreciate if u could help me here.
    What i did was put the songspot music codes into the footer section and changed the width and height to "0" so it hides.
    Problem is right now whenever i click on any buttons on the nav bar, the music restarts. How to i get the music to play continously?
    benchmarc.smugmug.com

Thanks!
    I really don't know :( Width and height to 0 is not the answer to hiding though.

Nor does Sonific want you to actually hide it.
  • Options
    benchmarcbenchmarc Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I really don't know :( Width and height to 0 is not the answer to hiding though.

Nor does Sonific want you to actually hide it.

No probs... thanks anyways! Cheers mate!
  • Options
    hschopmeyerhschopmeyer Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 1, 2007
    Please Help
    Andy wrote:
    Check out Sonific deal.gif

you can see it here
    http://andydemo.smugmug.com/gallery/1931195#163234748

So, you can of course hide it, if you give it a DIV, say, <div id="mysongspot">insertthecodeshere</div> and then in CSS you can do #mysongspot {visibility: hidden;}

Enjoy!

Edit: Apr 24, 2007: http://www.gerdleonhard.net/2007/04/video_tutorial_.html

> This is the message:
    >
    >
    > I am sorry to bother you all, but I have searched all over the forum to see if I could find a forum that is dummy proof enough for me. I found the forum where Andy showed a link for Sonific. I found a song and I copied it and put it in my footer just like the Sonific directions. My problem is that it is annoyingly reloading and starting over every time I open up a new page.
    > I found a forum where Andy said to place DIVs ,"
    > So, you can of course hide it, if you give it a DIV, say,
    > insertthecodeshere
    > and then in CSS you can do #mysongspot {visibility: hidden;}"
    >
    > I am pretty stupid when it comes to understanding this. I do not know what a Div is PLEASE HELP!!!
    >
    > Here is my site: http://hannahsphotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2007
    > This is the message:
    >
    >
    > I am sorry to bother you all, but I have searched all over the forum to see if I could find a forum that is dummy proof enough for me. I found the forum where Andy showed a link for Sonific. I found a song and I copied it and put it in my footer just like the Sonific directions. My problem is that it is annoyingly reloading and starting over every time I open up a new page.
    > I found a forum where Andy said to place DIVs ,"
    > So, you can of course hide it, if you give it a DIV, say,
    > insertthecodeshere
    > and then in CSS you can do #mysongspot {visibility: hidden;}"
    >
    > I am pretty stupid when it comes to understanding this. I do not know what a Div is PLEASE HELP!!!
    >
    > Here is my site: http://hannahsphotography.com
    Please be more clear, I'm not sure what you want done.

I hear music on your site.
    Please fully describe what you want, so that the helpers can help, thanks :)

I can tell you, that having music on at the start is a huge turn off for many (me included). You might want to seriously think about how you use music.
  • Options
    stefrussellstefrussell Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited January 27, 2008
    Why don't you just hit your mute button if you don't want to hear the music? rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2008
    Why don't you just hit your mute button if you don't want to hear the music? rolleyes1.gif
    You can, of course :)
    But many people don't want the initial "surprise" of music. If it's there, and they choose to turn it on, that's cool.

Different strokes for different folks.
    Example :)
    http://www.moonriverphotography.com/gallery/1145608
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    You can, of course :)
    But many people don't want the initial "surprise" of music. If it's there, and they choose to turn it on, that's cool.

Different strokes for different folks.
    Example :)
    http://www.moonriverphotography.com/gallery/1145608

yes, just seemed like lots of complaining about it. Hey, are you able to download other music to the sonific? I want something other than the music they offer. I haven't heard of hardly any of that stuff. Would there be a better one out there for me?
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2008
    yes, just seemed like lots of complaining about it. Hey, are you able to download other music to the sonific? I want something other than the music they offer. I haven't heard of hardly any of that stuff. Would there be a better one out there for me?
    ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    ne_nau.gif

uh, can you not answer?
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2008
    uh, can you not answer?
    that means "I don't really know" where you can get music. I do know that you have to have such music hosted on a website - so I have mine on my .Mac web space.

I'm sorry I'm not more helpful :(
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    that means "I don't really know" where you can get music. I do know that you have to have such music hosted on a website - so I have mine on my .Mac web space.

I'm sorry I'm not more helpful :(

That's ok. I guess I just didn't understand. I will keep searching!
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2008
    Can anyone tell me how to keep the music playing when you change a page (Sonific player)? When I go to a new page the music starts all over!