Options

Help? Is there something wrong with smug right now??

03FatBoy03FatBoy Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited December 19, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I'm having a helluva time logging into my site today to make changes and add new photos. After logging in on the home page, I keep getting the run around.

I takes me to my page, but then I get transfered back to the smugmug home page and it tells me to log in again. It's like a big circle that I can't get out of.

Problems with IE7 and FF.

I'm confused and frustrated.

Please advise.
Jamie Ward - working on my dad's website
www.charlesawardphotography.com
cward.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    gregt1310gregt1310 Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    03FatBoy wrote:
    I'm having a helluva time logging into my site today to make changes and add new photos. After logging in on the home page, I keep getting the run around.

I takes me to my page, but then I get transfered back to the smugmug home page and it tells me to log in again. It's like a big circle that I can't get out of.

Please advise.

I'm having the same issue.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    03FatBoy wrote:

Please advise.

I'm having the same trouble. About 70% of my links take me to the SM home page, and the ones that take me to my actual pages, just one click and I'm back to SM Home. I'm glad I'm not crazy!!! I'm sure its down unexpectedly and we'll get an answer shortly.

:D (It's nice to be confident someone is "on it!")
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
  • Options
    mtnbikermtnbiker Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
  • Options
    wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    urbanaries wrote:
    :D (It's nice to be confident someone is "on it!")

Agreed! mwink.gif
  • Options
    gblottergblotter Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    yep - it's broke.
  • Options
    DennisDennis Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    03FatBoy wrote:

Please advise.

I'm having similar problems ... so it's not unique to you ... :pissed
  • Options
    ndsimmndsimm Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    ok, I feel better...it's not just me.....I'm sure they're working on it though......
  • Options
    3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    same for me... can't add any albums either
  • Options
    03FatBoy03FatBoy Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    Ok. Well I'm happy it just not me that's having troubles. I know they'll get us up and running again soon.

I was about ready to start thowin' stuff. :D

Now I'll just go take a walk.

Thanks support for the help!
    Jamie Ward - working on my dad's website
    www.charlesawardphotography.com
    cward.smugmug.com
  • Options
    kathy02kathy02 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited December 18, 2006
    My site is not working- why?
    My site
    http://knphotoservices.smugmug.com/
    Is not working correctly today- when I try to get to it by firefox, it brings me to the main smugmug home page (not mine)

In Safari, I can get to my main page, but when I click on “Client Proofs” (which I really need today) it am brought to the smugmug main page.

Have I done something? I have not worked on my site in a few days now, it was working last I knew.

Please help quick.
    Kathy
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    Thanks for posting, everyone. There's a minor problem with our system this morning. I've contacted our engineers who are working to return service to normal just as quickly as they possibly can. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 18, 2006
    kathy02 wrote:
    My site
    http://knphotoservices.smugmug.com/
    Is not working correctly today- when I try to get to it by firefox, it brings me to the main smugmug home page (not mine)

In Safari, I can get to my main page, but when I click on “Client Proofs” (which I really need today) it am brought to the smugmug main page.

Have I done something? I have not worked on my site in a few days now, it was working last I knew.

Please help quick.
    Kathy

There's a minor problem with our system this morning. We've contacted our engineers who are working to return service to normal just as quickly as they possibly can. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    kagrusokagruso Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited December 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Thanks for posting, everyone. There's a minor problem with our system this morning. I've contacted our engineers who are working to return service to normal just as quickly as they possibly can. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks, Andy! I'm glad it's being worked on, as I am having the same issues as the others as well!
  • Options
    PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Andy thankyou - I can un-stress, have a late night/earlymorning coffee and go to bed.
  • Options
    PeterLyonsPeterLyons Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    can't access my page!
    I am unable to access my smugmug page this morning either using Safari or Firefox. This is a real problem as clients will be online to view images from yesterday's shoot, which I uploaded last night with no apparent problems.

My site is: lyonsimaging.smugmug.com

Sometimes when I try to go there, I'm simply redirected to plain ol' smugmug.com. Other times...

Safari is giving the following error message:
    Safari can’t open the page “http://lyonsimaging.smugmug.com/”. The error was: “lost network connection” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

Firefox reports this:
    The connection was reset
    The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
    * The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

All other web pages are loading normally.

Thanks for any help!
    Peter
  • Options
    getnoutsidegetnoutside Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    Domain alias issue
    Help!!!! My domain (http://www.sdrimages.com ) is now directing traffic to the smugmug home page instead on my smugmug page.
  • Options
    ddragerddrager Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited December 18, 2006
    Thanks for the update Andy!
  • Options
    dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    Thanks Andy! thumb.gif I was wondering why clients were having issues...
  • Options
    getnoutsidegetnoutside Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    Looks like some maintenance is being done? My smugmug page is now coming up, but the configuration is all whacked out.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I also thank you for the update. I was really starting to stress 'cause my CNAME link wasn't working and some of my galleries didn't appear to exist and those that did, didn't seem to have pictures in them and ...
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Any timeframe? This seems more than minor-- I can't access anything on my page-- it all takes me back to the smugmug front page or logs me out. :cry

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    DigiEyEDigiEyE Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    Thank you for the update Andy, I was getting worried when 3 of my clients contacted me and I had no idea what wa going on. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    RTMillerRTMiller Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    Any timeframe? This seems more than minor-- I can't access anything on my page-- it all takes me back to the smugmug front page or logs me out. :cry
    Agreed!
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2006
    I will give an update as soon as I know something, I promise deal.gif

Keep checking back.
  • Options
    zymurgyzymurgy Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 18, 2006
    The funny thing about this is that I just convinced my wife last night to move from Flickr to Smugmug. We started moving photos last night and then, this morning, it goes nutso.

She is taking it in stride, but it'd be nice to get things working again.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2006
    zymurgy wrote:
    The funny thing about this is that I just convinced my wife last night to move from Flickr to Smugmug. We started moving photos last night and then, this morning, it goes nutso.

And welcome to SmugMug! This is not the norm, we promise :D Sorry that you are having a rough first day.
  • Options
    ndsimmndsimm Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    zymurgy wrote:

indeed, this is not the norm....you will love it here!clap.gif
  • Options
    mlk19569mlk19569 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    Glad it isn't just me
    I'd been having connectivity problems at home and thought it was me for a while and started to freak out. Then I had my fiance try it at from his office and he had problems. What a relief it isn't just me! Now if we can just get it fixed that would be great!

Andy, thanks for any further updates you can provide.
  • Options
    ddragerddrager Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited December 18, 2006
    Thanks for keeping us updated Andy. I am also evaluating the service and it does not sound like this is the norm. I am a system administrator and had worked at a web hosting company for several years so I know how frustrating something like this can be, both for the hosting company employees and for the client. But - in my eyes - it is not if downtime happens (because there will always be outages) but what the company does about preventing it in the future, and how well they communicate the problem.

You seem to always be on the forums updating us - and that what really matters to me most. Keep that line of communication open and the clients will treat you well :)

Anyway - good luck on fixing the problem speedily and looking forward to signing up in the near future!