Options

Canon Rebate Shady Behaviour

13»

Comments

• Options
    dups41dups41 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    wings.gif $690 check from Canon arrived on the weekend.

And for Young America and their unfriendly rebate practices... :smack
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,860 moderator
    edited February 27, 2007
    dups41 wrote:
    wings.gif $690 check from Canon arrived on the weekend.

And for Young America and their unfriendly rebate practices... :smack

Cool and congratulations! thumb.gif

Are you gonna pocket the rebate, or is there another purchase ...?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2007
    I've been notified that all 3 of my rebate checks are "in the mail" so I hope they are right. They will go directly to Visa!
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,860 moderator
    edited February 27, 2007
    mrcoons wrote:
    I've been notified that all 3 of my rebate checks are "in the mail" so I hope they are right. They will go directly to Visa!

Then just call me "Mr. Visa". thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2007
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Cool and congratulations! thumb.gif

Are you gonna pocket the rebate, or is there another purchase ...?

Thanks. Well... there is the temptation to use this to make a dent in the cost of a 100-400, although I recently had a 580ex stolen from my luggage so that might have to come out of the rebate first depending on how the claims with the airline & insurance work out.
  • Options
    rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Yea - I mailed mine in about 4 weeks ago (after the web-preregistration) & my status still claims that they're waiting for me to mail in my info... !

The number, FYI, is (877) 862-6870 according to the rebate form.
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2007
    rdlugosz wrote:
    Yea - I mailed mine in about 4 weeks ago (after the web-preregistration) & my status still claims that they're waiting for me to mail in my info... !

The number, FYI, is (877) 862-6870 according to the rebate form.

FWIW I have already received the check yet the status on their web site is still "waiting for your mailed submission."
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2007
    dups41 wrote:
    FWIW I have already received the check yet the status on their web site is still "waiting for your mailed submission."

Yes I noticed that they do not update their website very often. All my checks are recieved or in the mail but 2 still are listed as "processing" and the other is "waiting for your mailed submission". Which is fine as long as I get the check!
  • Options
    rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    dups41 wrote:

Awesome! :) I wonder if they know that 2007 technology can actually be used to provide timely updates! I called the hotline; the first option basically tells you that they aren't updating the web site.

Well, I've had plenty of experience with Canon Rebates - I hit up the CIWC pretty much every year. I figure it's worthwhile to blog about a bit just so that future shoppers can have a heads up (and so that this time next year I'm not wondering the same things... again!).

Good luck to everyone out there! thumb.gif
  • Options
    jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Update!
    jdryan3 wrote:
    I actually have 2 - the one I did online and then the one that was mailed in. The online has the 'awaiting' status. The other is approved (for the last 4 weeks) I'm giving them til March 1, which is 8 weeks after they acknowledge receiving it.

I called today and "rebate expiditing" is supposed to call back within 72 hours and let me know eek7.gifeek7.gif

UPDATE: 03-02-07 I haven't gotten a call, but the link they sent me originally now shows a check was mailed yesterday 03-01-07. Maybe it was 'cus I told them I was going to buy the 580EX II with it...
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2007
    Well I got 2 of my 3 checks in the mail today and I suspect the 3rd will be along in a day or so. I submitted my first rebate form on 1/27/2007 and got that check today. Not a bad turn around time as rebates go.

I just got a rebate back from Cingular that took twice as long to get.

I never had to contact anyone and other than the slowness of their website updates I would say that I have no complaints at all with this whole process.

thumb.gif

PS: I wish Adobe worked as fast as this! They have a week turn around on their customer service! If Canon made me wait this long I'd be a Nikon and a DxO user!!!

Update 3/8/2007: I now have all of my rebate checks from Canon. (And I am still waiting on Adobe!)
  • Options
    PindyPindy Registered Users Posts: 1,089 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    The "Rebate Center" is clearly some place that answers rebate calls for loads of other manufacturers. After the web site claimed they received NONE of my UPCs and NONE of my registration cards, the woman who answered my call answered, "Thank you for calling the Canyon rebate center."

*sigh*

I asked how they could have lost 3 pieces of paper that were STAPLED TO EACH OTHER IN 2 PLACES, but she was unmoved. She checked some database or other and determined that in fact the UPCs HAD BEEN received and it was the 3 reg cards (photocopied onto one piece of paper) that were outstanding. I've just sent this in.

It is the policy of any company that offers rebates to make the process of redemption lack appeal in a big way. Its a shame, but we participate nonetheless.
  • Options
    RedHat30DRedHat30D Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited April 6, 2007
    Got my Canon Rebate today!
    Just thought I would share that I did receive the rebate. Thank you everyone who posted here, because after I went through the thread, I
    a. took a picture of everything I was putting into the envelope.
    put a copy of the picture into the envelope saying I had kept
    a copy.
    b. scanned everything
    c. sent it Certified, Return Receipt, signature required.

I don't know if any of this really helped out not, but I am a happy camper.
    wings.gifclap.gif :ivar

I will think good thoughts that everyone else receives theirs.
    Happy Easter.
  • Options
    GrissomGrissom Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited April 12, 2007
    I sent in my rebate forms via certified mail / return receipt on March 15th and I recieved my check on April 11th clap.gif .