Options

Recommendations for Good Portable Strobes?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,820 moderator
    edited January 21, 2007
    jdryan3 wrote:
    I see 4 different posts of the lovely red X :cry

15524779-Ti.gif I can't see them either, and I have my glasses on! (Trust me, helps a lot. :D)

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    kathynmegkathynmeg Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited January 21, 2007
    How strange....I see them just fine?? Humm I wonder why??
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    kathynmeg wrote:
    I see them just fine.

I love these shots. Very nicely done. I really like the one with the rose and the one with the young lady looking over her shoulder (I'm going to steal that pose and us it for some of my work!!).

The lighting is looking a little flat. Try moving your main light a little more off model-camera axis and lowering the output of your fill to be 1 stop (more or less) than your main. A little shadow will really add to these.

But, I LOVE these - they are great! Keep up the good work and show us some more so that I can continue to steal ideas from you!:D
  • Options
    jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    kathynmeg wrote:

Ah! They have magically reappeared. All are nice, I like the first one a lot.
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,820 moderator
    edited January 22, 2007
    I see them now, and they are super! Inventive props.

Slightly odd color cast in the shadows of the "over the shoulder" shot.

You might consider PSing one of the catch lights out of the eyes to simplify. (I see three in some of the shots.)

Picking nit, because they are really very well done.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    kathynmegkathynmeg Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2007
    Thanks!! We had a great time getting these shots. I REALLY like my AB800's!! I had read somewhere, heck maybe even somewhere on this forum about the AB light stands not being the best quality. I would say on the stand stand I would have to agree. The heavy duty stand I bought to support my softbox is much better but now I wish I would have upgraded to the air stand !!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 26, 2007
    Just ordered 3 AB800's, the AB Large Octobox, a set of honeycomb grids and the background reflector. I'll be purchasing stands and a boom arm locally via Calumet Photo. I'm shooting some models for a salon in the coming weeks and really wanted to be able to light the hair in the best possible way.