Surfing Competition

2»

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2007
    st33lz wrote:
    #3 nice angle on the shot, the action is good, the composition is good, and most importantly the surfer has some style, but as for the rest...yeah tight. You usually only see shots that tight when they're taken from the water. Doesn't look like you had much to work with that day.

I konw you're just having fun with these, but to be honest - surfers don't want to see funny facial expressions. It's definatly not a selling point.

St33lz

Its a good thing I wasn't planning on selling them. :ivar

I needed a break from shooting wildlife so I went down to the competition. Not being a surfing fan but interested in the event and the participants my eye was caught by their intensity and reactions during their rides.

I got lots of longer shots
    122921268-L.jpg

and more from further out that I haven't processed yet but the tighter crops were the ones I found more interesting. Also having waves no higher than 3 feet on the first day also made the tighter crops more interesting, IMHO.

Thanks for your comments and interesting points.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"